Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:01 pm Last visit was: Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:01 pm

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Bob Loblaw

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 7:35 pm    Author: Bob Loblaw    Post subject: Re: 21/05 Jaime

Warnings: 0
I enjoyed that game (mainly due, if you'll excuse me being shallow, of how ridiculously gorgeous Jamie looked throughout - what a stunning girl she is). Maybe she did go a round too soon, but it's easy to say that with hindsight and I do think people forget sometimes how big a sum £12,000 is.

Marios looks to be a legend in the making too - some great banter with Noel! :lol:

KP

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 7:55 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 21/05 Jaime
International Forums Moderator

James1978 wrote:
I was even worried she'd get sucked in on the dangerous baord due the inflated offer the banker promised on the 1-in-56 chance!

And apparently would have been had she been on her own! The fact this would have worked out for her is immaterial...

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

Simon F

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 8:47 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 21/05 Jaime

Thank goodness the £250k didn't get found between 11 box and 8 box after that ridiculous 3rd offer. I wish one day someone would tell the banker off for predicted offers on <2% chances.

Deal was a cautious one but my initial reaction to the £12k was to deal because it was hard to know what the 5 box offer would be if the £250k was in play but I gradually came round to thinking the risk was worth it with the 4 low reds as backup.

StatsMan

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 10:40 pm    Author: StatsMan    Post subject: Re: 21/05 Jaime

Simon F wrote:
Deal was a cautious one but my initial reaction to the £12k was to deal because it was hard to know what the 5 box offer would be if the £250k was in play but I gradually came round to thinking the risk was worth it with the 4 low reds as backup.

Exactly my thoughts with that offer - with all the oranges intact, it deceptively wasn't quite the one-box game I initially thought it was. I was also particularly irritated by the banker quoting the hypo 5-box offer on a less than 2% chance - we needed a Daniel on the wings to point out that out, as it was unecessary hype for such a small occurrence.

Overall, a decent game that suddenly turned precarious, and perhaps the leap from £10 a few offers earlier to £12,000 felt like a monumental recovery that seemed artificially greater through the joke offer.

Anyway, once the relative got involved, there was only one way this decision was going to go, which was a bit of a shame tension wise. Should relatives intervene? Well, it's an interesting question how much influence they should have on a player's game. My view is that it should solely be the player's decision, and the relative should maintain as neutral a stance as possible - which can prove difficult.

But then again, if the player wants the relative involves, that's up to them obviously. I just don't think it's in the spirit of the game for someone else to make your own decisions - inform on them by all means, but don't instruct.

Biggest Pilgrim Game Wins:

Marlene - 21 July 2013: £118,000
Gill - 23 March 2014: £75,000
Tony - 24 April 2012: £72,000
Lee - 4 April 2013: £48,000
Tommy & Jen - 26 & 27 Mar 2013 :O - £45,000! :O :O

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 11:24 pm    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject: Re: 21/05 Jaime

Very enjoyable game today. Jaime looked absolutely beautiful, and what a great pair of legs :D

Tension wise it really did seem to be going down hill fast with the second and third round and that £250k did look uncomfortably isolated.

Personally my gut instinct at 8 box was that there was one more round in it, but at the same time that £12k offer was more than the second highest red box in play so if she'd hit the big one Jaime would have been chasing the money. I think either decision was justifiable, it's a shame Jaime couldn't have got the OPW but you can't win them all.

Hey I've just realised something, Jaime has the same name as the Bionic Woman and she shattered her leg in an accident. The Banker missed a trick there. No "We can rebuild her" jokes, he's slipping

dougal18

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 6:50 am    Author: dougal18    Post subject: Re: 21/05 Jaime

Noel forgot Cath's game there. Her husband would have persauded her to take the £4,200 and she would have avoided a trainwreck.

I forgot that all family advice is "bad" and "interference" though.

ciderduck

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 11:37 am    Author: ciderduck    Post subject: Re: 21/05 Jaime

kestral wrote:
Jaime says that she believes in angels and she has asked her guardian angel to guide her today.

I am just catching up on this show here today as my timer didnt bother itself, yet again. I have got no further than the above message after the 100k went...on the mention of angels i had to stop and post that i think something horrible will happen in this game, previous mentions of angels never seems to work...like i said before, they do not work for this show!

ciderduck

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 11:41 am    Author: ciderduck    Post subject: Re: 21/05 Jaime

ciderduck wrote:
kestral wrote:
Jaime says that she believes in angels and she has asked her guardian angel to guide her today.

I am just catching up on this show here today as my timer didnt bother itself, yet again. I have got no further than the above message after the 100k went...on the mention of angels i had to stop and post that i think something horrible will happen in this game, previous mentions of angels never seems to work...like i said before, they do not work for this show!

not a complete trainwreck as i was expecting after angels were mentioned, but i have to admit I'm a little annoyed at:

"Noel asked her if her Hubby hadn't been there would she have gone on and she answered yes."

:roll: I probably would've struggled with the offer versus temptation to continue...but did he really implore her to deal then? Grrr.

Statsman: "My view is that it should solely be the player's decision, and the relative should maintain as neutral a stance as possible - which can prove difficult. "

I dont remember his name, there was one man who introduced his family/girlfriend-then promptly had them removed from the audience. Good man :smt023

[ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]