Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:03 pm Last visit was: Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:03 pm

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 152 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

travis P

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 5:28 pm    Author: travis P    Post subject: Re: 17/05 Liam - Banker's Birthday Week

Warnings: 0
Haven't being watching it much this week due to working late. Enjoyed it today :)

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 5:28 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 17/05 Liam - Banker's Birthday Week

I need to get out of this pedantic mood sowwy :oops:

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

greeny

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 5:29 pm    Author: greeny    Post subject: Re: 17/05 Liam - Banker's Birthday Week

granitecitybino wrote:
clareclw1 wrote:
It's the same 2 amounts left that i had!! i got offered 96k!!! :-D

Shows how over inflated the £94k proveout offer the other day was.

And the same amount in the box he brought to the table you had.......you wouldnt have swapped though would you ?

Given the rate in which Scarlet's offers were cranking up in active play the other day - the 94k wasn't far off the mark tbh.

h2005

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 5:34 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 17/05 Liam - Banker's Birthday Week
Administrator & Global Moderator

Very interesting show today with something for everyone really. Liam played it very well and it was an enjoyable battle between the player and the banker. This whole week hasn't exactly been on the player's side in terms of beating the banker, but there have been some pretty healthy payouts thanks to the one-to-open rule after 5-box.

There have been some rather confusing and intriguing methods used by the banker (and indeed the players) this week, but it'll be good to see the show get back to some normality from tomorrow.

Well done Liam!

richie4eva1

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 5:38 pm    Author: richie4eva1    Post subject: Re: 17/05 Liam - Banker's Birthday Week

And so ends another special week and the banker is victorious by 4 games to 2

Banker got some of those mind games spot on this past week, and some of the players fell in to the trap

Enjoy the 60k, Liam

You've been banker bashed
"Regrettably when he rings, he is laughing his designer socks off"

Last edited by richie4eva1 on Sun May 17, 2009 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LINDY LOU

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 5:57 pm    Author: LINDY LOU    Post subject: Re: 17/05 Liam - Banker's Birthday Week

I would always go for it if there were no blues in play....well done Liam 60,000 wow :smt103

Simon F

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 5:59 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 17/05 Liam - Banker's Birthday Week

Thinking about it, if I were Liam I'd have made the banker make me the prediction and then let him look in the boxes.

Shame Noel didn't ask him whether he'd have dealt the £100k - I suspect he might have done which by my rules, negates the hypothetical swap.

I guess in the end, his psychic prediction meant that even had he refused the banker's twist, we would have had the same patter from Noel at the end

granitecitybino

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 6:33 pm    Author: granitecitybino    Post subject: Re: 17/05 Liam - Banker's Birthday Week

greeny wrote:
granitecitybino wrote:
clareclw1 wrote:
It's the same 2 amounts left that i had!! i got offered 96k!!! :-D

Shows how over inflated the £94k proveout offer the other day was.

And the same amount in the box he brought to the table you had.......you wouldnt have swapped though would you ?

Given the rate in which Scarlet's offers were cranking up in active play the other day - the 94k wasn't far off the mark tbh.

Just wonder what Scarlets proveout would have been then if she had a £15k & £250k finish given the way the offers went throughout her game. Todays proveout final 2 was probably about ok if you compare it to Clare Louise's £95k and even say Bunney's £110k on a £20k £250k finish.

Simon F

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 7:05 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 17/05 Liam - Banker's Birthday Week

There's not really much difference between a £15k/£250k and £20k/£250k finish and £100k is just about average for a £20k/£250k finish.

jamesfish

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 7:07 pm    Author: jamesfish    Post subject: Re: 17/05 Liam - Banker's Birthday Week

That was a really great game, i wish he had gone for the £250k though and really spoiled the bankers birthday week, because in my eyes from the word go today, he reminded me of Heath Ledger playing the joker.

daniel123

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 8:00 pm    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: 17/05 Liam
Forum Games Moderator

travis P wrote:
killersbee wrote:
This is their last chance to beat the Banker before the end of his Birthday week

If Liam isn't able to do it, then I think we can kiss any possible future wins goodbye...

So what you're saying is that if Liam doesn't win above £35,000 or spanks The Banker then we will never see worty wins in the future? I doubt it will stop you from watching the show/reading the commentaries if you are so sure about this.

I do hope it would, and if that's the case am backing Liam 100% to win anything under £35,000 and not beat the banker.

Like Tom Hanks and his football on that island in 'Cast Away', it looks like it's just me and the bots here now. But that's alright, we're having a grand old time. Aren't we, Wilson? WILSOOOON?!

A few of us who were once part of the furniture, once stalwarts of the grand and extravagant, exuberant and thriving forum, have receded back into the walls, still faintly visible, still here as poignant, reminding relics of an era gone by; but most of us have vanished, forever immersed in the mists of time.

Skyline

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 8:48 pm    Author: Skyline    Post subject: Re: 17/05 Liam - Banker's Birthday Week
Forum Games Moderator

killersbee wrote:
OMG!

Another one could've been a QM Winner but £60k I suppose is great for him

£150,507.50 paid out this week and KB still isn't satisfied :smt009

James1978

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 9:06 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: 17/05 Liam - Banker's Birthday Week

Game of the month so far, great stuff. What a brilliant scrap between banker and player, Liam was just the sort of guy this week needed. Just wish he hadn't mouthed off about the banker making an error at 3-box (and just no-dealt before the banker could ring back!), and he would have won either £100k by dealing at 2-box or been the first male quarter-millionaire! He was right though, £45k was a terrible offer with £15k guaranteed, and no possibility of a blue win like at the same point in Xmas Lauren's gme! Still £60k is still quite massive. I loved his comment about rolling around in it!

And he is, I believe, the highest-winning male from E10 (though not the highest overall as Maria from Summer 07 won £75k)!

Look forward to getting back to normal tomorrow though. And seeing what all last week's newbies look like normally! :D

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

MisterAl

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 9:24 pm    Author: MisterAl    Post subject: Re: 17/05 Liam - Banker's Birthday Week

So, that's the third game in succession where we've seen a win of £30k or above!

Anybody recall the other times we've seen three £30k-or-above wins on the trot? It's happened three times before.

James1978

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 9:36 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: 17/05 Liam - Banker's Birthday Week

MisterAl wrote:
So, that's the third game in succession where we've seen a win of £30k or above!

Anybody recall the other times we've seen three £30k-or-above wins on the trot? It's happened three times before.

Ooh, I like a challenge!

David-Saj-James in mid-March '06 was one.

I'll get back to you with the rest in a bit!

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

James1978

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 9:38 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: 17/05 Liam - Banker's Birthday Week

Break-a-leg jeff, Elizabeth and Paul A in Oct 06 was another!

I did think there was three on the trot in Dec 08 but the wins either side of Lauren/Billy fell just short!

Power5

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 9:40 pm    Author: Power5    Post subject: Re: 17/05 Liam - Banker's Birthday Week

There must have been a run like that somewhere in the Bunney/Psychic Sarah etc. era?

(Edit: No such run in the "Wakey Winter" as far as I can tell!)

jonny

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 9:45 pm    Author: jonny    Post subject: Re: 17/05 Liam - Banker's Birthday Week

Hmm, I'd thought Colleen-Jess+another from July '08, but I don't think there's the third component for that...

23rd, 24th and 25th of July 2008 (Adam, Helen, William) recorded 7th April 2008

18th, 19th and 20th May 2009 (Cath, Sean, Lynne) recorded 4th February 2009

10th, 11th and 13th December 2009 recorded 4th June 2009

James1978

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 9:46 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: 17/05 Liam - Banker's Birthday Week

I was going to say Chantelle, Gus and Patrick in March 07 but I just remembered they were broken up by Sarah who won I think it was £12k so that cancells that out!

MisterAl

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 9:49 pm    Author: MisterAl    Post subject: Re: 17/05 Liam - Banker's Birthday Week

Well done on those two! Although I suspect you researched the answers there. Which is fair enough really, since I did too.

(The third one is a little bit more difficult...)

[ 152 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]