Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Tue May 24, 2022 10:14 am Last visit was: Tue May 24, 2022 10:14 am

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

killersbee

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 4:54 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 11/05 Kris - Banker's Birthday Week

Warnings: 0
Oh no! Has another chance to win big been thrown away?! :shock: :(

KP

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 4:54 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 11/05 Kris - Banker's Birthday Week
International Forums Moderator

Now that's an unlucky finish.

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

killersbee

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 4:55 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 11/05 Kris - Banker's Birthday Week

And he's gonna swap for my lucky number! :shock:

Oh boy...

kestral

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 4:55 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject: Re: 11/05 Kris - Banker's Birthday Week
Site Owner, Administrator & Global Moderator

Kris says he would have SWAPPED, so Noel does the SWAP

Kris now has box 7

Noel opens box 7 and reveals £35,000

Profile E-mail  

kestral

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 4:56 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject: Re: 11/05 Kris - Banker's Birthday Week
Site Owner, Administrator & Global Moderator

Box 6 with Jaime contains the £5,000

Profile E-mail  

Mark

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 4:56 pm    Author: Mark    Post subject: Re: 11/05 Kris - Banker's Birthday Week

Should have had more belief in his lucky number.

killersbee

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 4:56 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 11/05 Kris - Banker's Birthday Week

My lucky box had £35,000!! :shock:

That was a real shame... :(

greeny

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 4:58 pm    Author: greeny    Post subject: Re: 11/05 Kris - Banker's Birthday Week

I love the twists where the Banker gets the chance to look in the boxes, I love the mind games the Banker plays with the contestant afterwards.

Profile E-mail  

KP

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 5:01 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 11/05 Kris - Banker's Birthday Week
International Forums Moderator

He was right to be distrustful of the Banker, but wasn't prepared to risk seven grand calling his bluff. Oh well.

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

richie4eva1

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 5:04 pm    Author: richie4eva1    Post subject: Re: 11/05 Kris - Banker's Birthday Week

Nicely played by the banker near the end, Kris got influenced and he fell into the trap

Those clown heads are the stuff of nightmares :lol: , but I have to say the latest themed week set design is very good

You've been banker bashed
"Regrettably when he rings, he is laughing his designer socks off"

cool-luke-18

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 5:19 pm    Author: cool-luke-18    Post subject: Re: 11/05 Kris - Banker's Birthday Week

It's very different with the clown outfits. We have not had a gameplay with an offer after every box guaranteed but trying not to let the banker look inside the boxes.
To be perfectly honest contestants should pretend as if the banker had never looked inside the boxes because we don't know whether the banker is bluffing or telling porkies and he did both today.
Kris was a great guy, I do hope he has no regrets and spends the money wisely, enjoy the caribean holiday and gets his mum a nice car.

Profile E-mail  

Skyline

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 5:31 pm    Author: Skyline    Post subject: Re: 11/05 Kris - Banker's Birthday Week
Forum Games Moderator

Mark wrote:
Should have had more belief in his lucky number.

Argh... should've played in his place :roll:

Profile E-mail  

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 6:17 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 11/05 Kris - Banker's Birthday Week

Loving the twists this week...bad luck that he would have swapped for the big money, but you know the Banker had to have a big win this week somehow...here's hoping it'll be the only one...doubt it though! :lol:

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

Profile E-mail  

killersbee

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 8:12 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 11/05 Kris - Banker's Birthday Week

I have full confidence that that will the only unlucky game on Birthday week, think positive, Davey

You said that to me last time ;)

dreamfactorydiva

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 8:22 pm    Author: dreamfactorydiva    Post subject: Re: 11/05 Kris - Banker's Birthday Week

Pretty good game, although i really don't like the outfits, they should just wear their normal clothes and do the fancy dress thing on the Friday like last year.

Profile E-mail  

James1978

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 8:27 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: 11/05 Kris - Banker's Birthday Week

In terms of gameplay, I absolutely love this twist - the number of possible permutations available out of this is untrue, though I wish one of the possiblities was one to open and the banker sees in the box on the table. Maybe next time! :)

But what on earth have clowns got to do with the Banker's Birthday? Honestly I feel really sorry for the contestants having to dress up as clowns, especially the ones who are going to be playing this week. They wait ages for their big moment and then when it comes they end up having a wear a ridiculous costume so that you can barely recognise them. I wish they could have just had one show like the twins last year then they could have dressed normally for the other shows.

As for Kris, I quite liked him but the show seemed to be edited so you didn;t get to know that much about him becuase of the extra twists, I reckon they won't need as much time for the rest of the shows to explain them all! I honestly wouldn't have had a clue what to do but that was a apinful proveout given he was right to be wary about box 7. If more than one sizeable red had stayed to 5-box we could really have had our game on our hands, he almost had the worst 5th round possible!

I have to say if I was a waiting winger, then I'd be praying I didn't get picked this week, not only due to the silly costumes but also the mind games the banker can play on you! :)

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

greeny

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 9:00 pm    Author: greeny    Post subject: Re: 11/05 Kris - Banker's Birthday Week

I think, given the other themed weeks this season had the contestants dressed up all week (Halloween, Christmas, Love Week, week prior to 1,000th show, and indeed just before the summer break at the end of season 3), it was inevitable that they'd be in clown outfits all week.

Profile E-mail  

JuliePenguinFan

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 9:19 pm    Author: JuliePenguinFan    Post subject: Re: 11/05 Kris - Banker's Birthday Week

Nice player, craaaaaazy outfit! :smt101 Although thought Noel looked rather dashing! :smt110 Kris seemed happy at the end with what he got, even if he could have had more but the bankers mind games made it a bit different, hope he enjoys his holiday in the Carribean :banana:

Profile E-mail  

maggieq

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 9:57 pm    Author: maggieq    Post subject: Re: 11/05 Kris - Banker's Birthday Week

have to agree that the idea of wearing clown outfits for a week is insane.its hard to see whos who with all the makeup.
Kris played a good game but if l wasn't sure of game play l'm sure Kris was'nt.
enjoy the dosh Kris,you can put my fire out any day(l live in Stirchley Birmingham uk) :laughing

Simon F

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 10:05 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 11/05 Kris - Banker's Birthday Week

Fascinating twist they've come up with - although when Noel said yesterday that an offer after every box at 5 box was guaranteed, I suspected the banker would be looking inside some of the boxes.

Would Kris have gambled on the £5k/£35k finish with a pretty decent offer? I'm inclined to think not so will ignore the hypothetical swap and call this a TBW.

[ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]