Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:44 pm Last visit was: Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:44 pm

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

h2005

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 4:56 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 08/05 Lamin
Administrator & Global Moderator

Warnings: 0
Noel says the boxes don't understand how important the game is, and we can't control how they fall :(

Noel says he thinks people watching will hunt Lamin down on the web and want to help him out with his charity :D

killersbee

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 4:57 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 08/05 Lamin

And there you have it, a massive OBW! :(

Watch out for cautious Deals in the upcoming weeks...

collydolly

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 5:02 pm    Author: collydolly    Post subject: Re: 08/05 Lamin

What a shame for Lamin after all the huge numbers he has had in his boxes :smt009

Come on all you internet whizz kids find me his website, my credit card is waiting :D

h2005

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 5:06 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 08/05 Lamin

killersbee wrote:
Definatly worth going on, there's just no way that he'll find the £100k

Really?

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 5:06 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 08/05 Lamin

Total bad luck.

Complete unavoidable trainwreck.

So unfair on such a caring guy

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

h2005

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 5:08 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 08/05 Lamin

collydolly wrote:
Come on all you internet whizz kids find me his website, my credit card is waiting :D

His website is here - http://www.fsfgambia.org/

killersbee

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 5:09 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 08/05 Lamin

h2005 wrote:
killersbee wrote:
Definatly worth going on, there's just no way that he'll find the £100k

Really?

Well okay, I got that wrong, it's just that he was very unlucky to hit the small chance of finding it

greeny

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 5:10 pm    Author: greeny    Post subject: Re: 08/05 Lamin

Heartbreaking end to the game, when the £100,000 came out of box 11, a rather rude word came out my mouth. Lamin was such a nice guy and deserved a good sum for all the great work he does out in Africa. Knowing the generosity of DOND viewers though, I'm sure he'll get many donations.

N.B. Interesting use of the heartbeat music today, I thought given the round it was used in, that the £100,000 would stay until the third box of that round at least, but sadly it wasn't to be.

collydolly

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 5:18 pm    Author: collydolly    Post subject: Re: 08/05 Lamin

h2005 wrote:
collydolly wrote:

Thank you David :D

Kanga

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 5:42 pm    Author: Kanga    Post subject: Re: 08/05 Lamin

What a sad game - lovely guy

collydolly

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 6:29 pm    Author: collydolly    Post subject: Re: 08/05 Lamin

collydolly wrote:
h2005 wrote:
collydolly wrote:

Thank you David :D

Interesting website, you can buy a brick for £2.50 or feed the school for a day for £8.25 :D

LINDY LOU

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 6:57 pm    Author: LINDY LOU    Post subject: Re: 08/05 Lamin

I'm sure he'll make loads of money now for his charity.. :smt023 A very painfull game to watch :smt009

KP

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 7:07 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 08/05 Lamin
International Forums Moderator

Noel wondered if Lamin was going to be the first 14-box dealer. Had he done so, it would have been an OPW. Painful irony.

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

taff

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 7:48 pm    Author: taff    Post subject: Re: 08/05 Lamin

Thanks for the link to Lamin's website. Hope he raises a good amount from forum members.

daniel123

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 8:11 pm    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: 08/05 Lamin
Forum Games Moderator

killersbee wrote:
UGH!!! :( :evil:

It seems there is a "The Curse of Wakey" on the show now :suspect:

Your constant references to Jon are getting very tedious now KB. It's as if you love him.

Like Tom Hanks and his football on that island in 'Cast Away', it looks like it's just me and the bots here now. But that's alright, we're having a grand old time. Aren't we, Wilson? WILSOOOON?!

A few of us who were once part of the furniture, once stalwarts of the grand and extravagant, exuberant and thriving forum, have receded back into the walls, still faintly visible, still here as poignant, reminding relics of an era gone by; but most of us have vanished, forever immersed in the mists of time.

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 8:18 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 08/05 Lamin

He only means that because of how often box 4 has lately had big numbers :lol:

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

StatsMan

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 10:43 pm    Author: StatsMan    Post subject: Re: 08/05 Lamin

Just a horrible game, made even more gutting by the knowledge that a big sum of money would've really helped his charity. Even the banker's act of mild generosity at the end didn't pay off, and in fact only served to compound the agony further. Quite a contrast to yesterday if you think the last 2 offers totalled £250 instead of £83,000 (excluding the 3-box offer).

Although it had been another long run of red wins, so some might say it was inevitable we would get a game like this. Lamin was a great selfless man who deserved more, but a random game won't always serve up a just result, and today was an example of that. Sometimes this game can be utterly heartbreaking :cry:

Biggest Pilgrim Game Wins:

Marlene - 21 July 2013: £118,000
Gill - 23 March 2014: £75,000
Tony - 24 April 2012: £72,000
Lee - 4 April 2013: £48,000
Tommy & Jen - 26 & 27 Mar 2013 :O - £45,000! :O :O

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 11:21 pm    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: Re: 08/05 Lamin

Banana Sandwich. Sorry, it had to be said.

Lamin may have failed at DoND, but I hope his charitable efforts are successful.

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 11:30 pm    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject: Re: 08/05 Lamin

Ouch, first trainwreck in a while. Shame it had to happen to Lamin of all people, He came across as thoroughly decent and giving, and after having so many reds in his box over the past few weeks it was the cruellest of ironies that he should have an all blue finish.

I hope his charity fares better.

Simon F

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 12:10 am    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 08/05 Lamin

Well the run of good luck had to come to an end but the only comfort is that there really wasn't much Lamin could do today (other than go into the hall of fame as a 2nd offer dealer).

We've heard stories of generous DOND viewers in the past and hopefully we will be reading another story soon.

[ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]