Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sat Jun 25, 2022 2:32 am Last visit was: Sat Jun 25, 2022 2:32 am

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 112 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

killersbee

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 4:58 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 01/05 Eddie

Warnings: 0
Yeah I'm sure he's happy with that amount (I know I would be if I had that much), but just everyone else who didn't win the biggie, on the way home, he's gonna have that little voice in his head saying he should've gone for it

cfd

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 4:58 pm    Author: cfd    Post subject: Re: 01/05 Eddie

The Deal was fine in my book.

He very specifically stated that £50,000 would clear up his mortgage, pay for a cruise, and other stuff. So £70,000 was even better.

The question then is is the £180,000 extra worth the risk of not being able to clear his mortgage and the other stuff. Obviously not, hence he dealt.

Profile E-mail  

cfd

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 4:59 pm    Author: cfd    Post subject: Re: 01/05 Eddie

killersbee wrote:
Yeah I'm sure he's happy with that amount (I know I would be if I had that much), but just everyone else who didn't win the biggie, on the way home, he's gonna have that little voice in his head saying he should've gone for it

I'm pretty sure £70,000 will help him get over it pretty quickly though :)

Profile E-mail  

Mark

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 5:00 pm    Author: Mark    Post subject: Re: 01/05 Eddie

Probably about 95% of people would gamble that. Shame he wasn't one of them. Ah well.

LINDY LOU

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 5:01 pm    Author: LINDY LOU    Post subject: Re: 01/05 Eddie

What a lovely couple......congrats on 70,000 Eddie. I really thought he would go for it though.

Profile E-mail  

killersbee

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 5:01 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 01/05 Eddie

cfd wrote:
killersbee wrote:

I'm pretty sure £70,000 will help him get over it pretty quickly though :)

Yeah, it probably would

h2005

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 5:02 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 01/05 Eddie
Administrator & Global Moderator

Was Noel right when he said it's been 6 weeks since the £250k had come to the table? Alice had it on 12th March, then Wayne on 13th March (before it was swapped away at the end)... but has anyone had it between then and Eddie today?

Profile E-mail  

travis P

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 5:03 pm    Author: travis P    Post subject: Re: 01/05 Eddie

h2005 wrote:
Was Noel right when he said it's been 6 weeks since the £250k had come to the table? Alice had it on 12th March, then Wayne on 13th March (before it was swapped away at the end)... but has anyone had it between then and Eddie today?

Probably, but we all know Noel has such a crap memory.

KP

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 5:05 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 01/05 Eddie
International Forums Moderator

Nobody's had a Power 5 since Stephen before yesterday, and if anyone else had the £250k before then you saw it last year :D

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

killersbee

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 5:05 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 01/05 Eddie

Nope, it hasn't come to the table during that time

Still, I sure hope this run of big offers continue, since were now only 6 days away from what was the best game of May! ;)

Last edited by killersbee on Fri May 01, 2009 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

travis P

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 5:06 pm    Author: travis P    Post subject: Re: 01/05 Eddie

Mark wrote:
Probably about 95% of people would gamble that. Shame he wasn't one of them. Ah well.

Personally, I don't think 95% would risk £50,000 not in 2009 anyway.

cfd

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 5:06 pm    Author: cfd    Post subject: Re: 01/05 Eddie

Mark wrote:

I don't know... I think it's probably more along 50%, maybe 60%, would gamble.

Ignoring the £20,000, that's now safely in our bank we have the final of:

£0
£230,000

Offer: £50,000

This isn't particulary clear cut. £50,000 is a LOT of money to gamble on a coin flip.

KP often uses an example that goes along the lines of "is £230,000 4 times as useful as £50,000?". I think it's fair to say that it probably isn't, and as such it makes a deal much more acceptable.

The banker's job is to buy the box for as low as he can. I think he pitched that offer perfectly - Eddie spent a lot of time thinking about the £17,500 (which was a bad offer), and stated that he'd be happy with £50,000. Obviously an offer of £50,000 is probably going to get no-dealed, but £70,000 wasn't quite as clear cut. He played his role very well there.

Profile E-mail  

killersbee

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 5:08 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 01/05 Eddie

Hmm, interesting so if Eddie was offered £50,000 (Which would've been dreadful), there would be a chance that he would either Wakey it or do a Birthday Show Andy and Deal

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 5:44 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 01/05 Eddie

That was a disappointing end result - fair play he thoroughly deserved that final round, but to be offered £70,000 just because he was after £50,000 (and £20,00 was guaranteed) was just insulting - but of course the Banker knew he would take it, hence why the offer wasn't any higher!

So as unlucky as it was to then find out he squandered a lot more money, it was a failure to make the most of a genuinely strong 2-box configuration - I would be lying if I said I wasn't disappointed.

But that said, I'm no Wilsonist - I don't bestow him an idiot or the like, especially if he had good plans for the money

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

Profile E-mail  

lcc

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 6:10 pm    Author: lcc    Post subject: Re: 01/05 Eddie

yeah i think most people would have took the gmble and he had box 19 if that would have been me that is my birthday box so i would have gone for it but when your sat there you might have different thought ,s going through your head....my hubby would be like take the dam money or else :smt071 :smt071 he would deal on the first round thats why he dosen,t watch it hes at work but then when he does watch it we end up bickering so ive said if i ever get on you are no way coming with me :smt009 ......................................................well enjoy your money eddie and have a fab you wuill love it :smt023

Profile E-mail  

StuartPlymouth

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 6:10 pm    Author: StuartPlymouth    Post subject: Re: 01/05 Eddie

That was an appalling final offer from the Banker. People have had far better with a board like that, surely. :ponder:

I'm sure Eddie is more than happy with £70K, though, so I hope he enjoys spending it. :smt023

Profile E-mail  

Power5

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 6:14 pm    Author: Power5    Post subject: Re: 01/05 Eddie

Well that was rather a poor final offer, I'd be hoping for that if the fallback was say £3k or £5k! Hoped he would bring out the Morris offer as that game had been mentioned, and produce the first six-figure dealer for who knows how long... still, the difference between £70k and £20k is significant, particularly in terms of financial security for an older person and it's fair enough that he took the cautious route.

And apart from the quarter-millionaires there can't have been too many times we've seen £120k won in the space of two days, with solid red wins throughout it surely must be in the top ten or even top five biggest winning weeks now!

garylq

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 6:15 pm    Author: garylq    Post subject: Re: 01/05 Eddie

Blimey! I didn't expect a game like that from Eddie!

Not at all surprised he dealt, a very wise offer from The Banker after what had been said. I don't think Eddie will have any regrets. I was relieved when he ignored the weak advice from the wings at 5 box, many would have gone then.

An excellent start to the month.

geordiegirl

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 6:16 pm    Author: geordiegirl    Post subject: Re: 01/05 Eddie

Hi everyone Really enjoyed Eddies game today what a really nice guy.
By the way....what is a wakey??? :blueponder
shell xx

Profile E-mail  

killersbee

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 6:16 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 01/05 Eddie

Power5 wrote:
Hoped he would bring out the Morris offer as that game had been mentioned, and produce the first six-figure dealer for who knows how long... still, the difference between £70k and £20k is significant, particularly in terms of financial security for an older person and it's fair enough that he took the cautious route.

It's now 3 days to go until it's 2 years since Graeme took £101,000

[ 112 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]