Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:06 am Last visit was: Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:06 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

terryb

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 5:40 pm    Author: terryb    Post subject: Re: 28/04 Steve

Warnings: 0
hello everybody. I really enjoyed Steve's game. To me he wore his heart on his sleeve in spite of all the bluster and 'rock n roll'. Seemed like a really nice family and I can relate to what he said about his family being his life. Well done Steve, enjoy the money and spend it wisely.

Life is for living

:smt035

nevadajo7

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 6:00 pm    Author: nevadajo7    Post subject: Re: 28/04 Steve

great game steve, enjoy the 40 grand with ya family xxx

MisterAl

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:00 pm    Author: MisterAl    Post subject: Re: 28/04 Steve

h2005 wrote:
What is it with people with reasonably long hair opening the cupboards of the pound table? Is it the effect of MisterAl, who I believe was also in the audience for this game, as well as being in the audience for my game?

Yes, I was in the audience for this game, and I do remember thinking that somebody had already gone rummaging through those cupboards before, as Steve went to have a look down there...

KP

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:14 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 28/04 Steve
International Forums Moderator

Certainly wasn't one to shy away and quietly leave with twenty grand was he?

Sixth OPW in a row (I'm sorry, but Vera's was an OPW if you ignore the blatant attempts to inflict a guilt trip).

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

rico7

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:02 pm    Author: rico7    Post subject: Re: 28/04 Steve

A very enjoyable OPW, to turn down £30,000 was very brave.
Well done Steve on winning £40,000 :)

Simon F

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:41 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 28/04 Steve

I didn't find Steve annoying at all. He seemed a down to earth kind of guy. Was expecting old faithful at 8 box today and £30k was certainly a generous offer but it was one of those boards where the odds were he'd hit one of the 3 biggies and even the £250k would have resulted in a half-decent offer.

Have to agree with KP in his refusal to acknowledge the 4 box offer yesterday - even if you didn't, it's still 6 players wins in a row now.

maggieq

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:41 pm    Author: maggieq    Post subject: Re: 28/04 Steve

:smt041  :smt041 Steve from one brummie to another you played a blinder.bet your guna have a great time spending the dosh.great game,brave moves paid off.ENJOY.

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:46 pm    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject: Re: 28/04 Steve

Steve was brilliant. played a real blinder, and really nailed the Banker.

Came across as a great bloke too, a mischevous fun loving geezer with a heart of gold. Really can't fault him

But please don't tell me mullets are making a comeback, I don't think i could bear it :lol:

JuliePenguinFan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 12:19 am    Author: JuliePenguinFan    Post subject: Re: 28/04 Steve

FAB game, :smt023 really enjoyed his game and thought he was a great guy, fun but also really sincere and genuine. :smt023 LOVED the tension and just brilliantly played! :-D 40K, FANTASTIC! :smt041 :spank

Kaledmutant

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:27 am    Author: Kaledmutant    Post subject: Re: 28/04 Steve

Welcome over from the C4 boards terryb and JuliePenguinFan. Bit cheeky of C4 to shut the forum a few days early but there you go.

Although until now I have only posted occasionally here I find this forum much easier to use than the C4 one was. Praise to David (h2004) and all the team for a great site. :smt023

JuliePenguinFan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:36 am    Author: JuliePenguinFan    Post subject: Re: 28/04 Steve

Hey Kaledmutant and you too Terry! :wave:
Nice to see you here! :smt023 Yes this site is really great and friendly isn't it! :smt023
Fuzzy started up a hello thread which is now in the off topic area so a lot of old C4 faces are there too, with a few name changes! Come and say hi! :-D

Tom

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:55 am    Author: Tom    Post subject: Re: 28/04 Steve

Brilliant game, and one that continues an amazing run of OPW's.

Steve was mental, but I liked him and £40,000 is brilliant money.

James1978

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:14 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: 28/04 Steve

I have to admit I was a bit unsure about Steve at first, but I'm now sure that he was a lot more entertaining than he was annoying. I'm currently re-watching it on 4OD and I'm in almost constant laughter! Fantastic to see someone having so much fun and enthusiasm. I know to some the "come on" types can be annoying but not in this case, especially when it produces a great game with big money like this and also Joe from June 07 who was very similar! Whereas Clayton looked a bit of an idiot doing it all the time when he had one of the worst trainwrecks imaginable!

Excellent gameplay too - the 8-box board would have seen £20,000 dealt by many last year, and £30k was about right for it, so great to see a no-deal there triggering a brilliant 5-ox offer with a deal and a great proveout. Made me laugh especially when the box he thought the quartter-mill was in actually had 10p.

Brilliant stuff. Well done Steve, rock and roll!! :D

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

[ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]