Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:17 am Last visit was: Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:17 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

rico7

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 5:18 pm    Author: rico7    Post subject: Re: 27/04 Vera

Warnings: 0
£10,000 was a generous offer and a really good recovery.
So pleased for Vera she really deserved her win! :D

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 6:49 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 27/04 Vera

£10,000 was the tipping point, so it's a good deal!

£17,500 is semi-believable when you remember how generous the Banker goes during one-box rounds...nevertheless £17,500 probably was a tad TOO high :lol:

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

LINDY LOU

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 7:14 pm    Author: LINDY LOU    Post subject: Re: 27/04 Vera

Thanks David....I miss DOND on Mondays and Thursays and reading your commentary was like watching the game.
Well done Vera :smt023

Michael DeVere

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 7:18 pm    Author: Michael DeVere    Post subject: Re: 27/04 Vera

The way this game was going I had a horrible feeling Vera was going to end up joining the ranks of Nikki, Derek & Chris in terms of unluckiness. Thankfully not.

£10,000 was a respectable offer and one worth dealing, and had this been a normal finish to the game would have a resulted in another Banker Spanking. But the Banker must have had enough spankings over the last few days and decided to throw in that extra twist at the end to try and avoid another one.

h2005

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 7:46 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 27/04 Vera
Administrator & Global Moderator

mike wrote:
The way this game was going I had a horrible feeling Vera was going to end up joining the ranks of Nikki, Derek & Chris in terms of unluckiness.

I don't know why Noel failed to mention Chris's game.

He said that there had never been an all-blue 8-box, but Chris memorably had one. He played during the show 1,000 specials, so it wasn't even that long ago!

James1978

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 7:49 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: 27/04 Vera

Only caught that from the second break on, but as soon as I saw the board, I thought "Michael" - and I'm really pleased Vera didn't repeat his deal, £2,500 wasn't really all that much different from £1,000 really. I thought deal immediately at 5-box and was glad the offer after the next box didn't sway her, it's much too easy to get greedy and go on one more box and crash altogether, though it did feel engineered to give her a guilt trip as she didn't seem to type to change her mind once it was made up. The £17,500 did seem very high but a couple of thousand didn't really make any difference to the overall result. Compare it to pammy at halloween getting £15,000 on £100k/2 blues, compared with £17,500 on £100k/3 blues here!!! (But Vera's 5-box offer was so much better too though)! I was surprised there wasn't a 3-box offer too - anyone still playing might have suckered into thinking there was going to be!

And it really did seem like Noel have forgotten about poor old Chris already, though I guess he couldn't say "Well if you find the £100k next box, you'll have an all-blue last 8, and Chris was the first one to do that about a month ago"!!! :)

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

Joey

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:07 pm    Author: Joey    Post subject: Re: 27/04 Vera

h2005 wrote:
I don't know why Noel failed to mention Chris's game.

He said that there had never been an all-blue 8-box, but Chris memorably had one. He played during the show 1,000 specials, so it wasn't even that long ago!

I half expected the Banker to correct Noel and embarrass him for his lack of short-term memory when he called at 8-box!

Simon F

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:28 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 27/04 Vera

So Noel forgets about Chris's game but on the plus side, suddenly remembers there were 4 banker spankings and not 3. I wonder if there is a capacity limit to Noel's recollection of statistics and if he gets 1 fact, another leaves his memory.

£10k was a pretty good result considering the state of the board in the later parts of the game.

Joey

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:38 pm    Author: Joey    Post subject: Re: 27/04 Vera

Perhaps H2005's concern about Noel turning 60 and not being able to cope with the filming schedule was more about Noel's old grey matter rather than his physical wellbeing!

MisterAl

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:25 pm    Author: MisterAl    Post subject: Re: 27/04 Vera

Well, I was in the audience for this one, and I can reveal that Noel was reminded about Paula's OPW by the other players (can't remember who now) partway through Vera's game. I can also reveal that since he made such a big thing about Vera being on the verge of "the first ever" all-blue 8-box, I was utterly flabbergasted last month when Chris's game was broadcast. Still, I suppose that teaches me to trust anything Noel says...

Oh, and the thought also crossed my rather cynical mind that the additional offer during the last round was a way to avoid yet another OPW. It also rather detracted from the fact that for the third game running we've seen a 5-box Deal followed by the next three amounts revealed being the biggest three on the board at the time.

cool-luke-18

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:31 pm    Author: cool-luke-18    Post subject: Re: 27/04 Vera

At 8-box the situation also reminded me of Michael's game. About Noel forgeting that Chris had an all-blue 8-box. We musn't lose sight of the fact that he has to make the show as entertaining as possible and maybe also something to do with his age. Us lot can remember which parts we like which Noel can't do all the time. I am tempted to tease him about his age just like what David (h2005) did.
I did think that the £10,000 offer was very generous considering that Kingsley only got offered £3,000 on a similar board which he swiftly no dealt and crashed.
It was a big turnaround and just proves that with these games it's not how you start it's how to finish although a good start is an advantage but doesn't always work out. Well done to her,

h2005

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:32 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 27/04 Vera
Administrator & Global Moderator

MisterAl wrote:
Oh, and the thought also crossed my rather cynical mind that the additional offer during the last round was a way to avoid yet another OPW. It also rather detracted from the fact that for the third game running we've seen a 5-box Deal followed by the next three amounts revealed being the biggest three on the board at the time.

I'd have thought it'd have made more sense for the banker to have offered £10,001 (or something similar) at 4-box, just to ensure Vera didn't get the "banker spanking" as Noel calls it.

greeny

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:44 pm    Author: greeny    Post subject: Re: 27/04 Vera

Noel probably would still have classed it as a spanking though if that offer was £10,001, so they had to make it a bit higher than that to avoid another spanking, though I think £17,500 was rather high myself.

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:23 pm    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject: Re: 27/04 Vera

Well i was expecting £15k at 4 box, but then i think the Banker always over-reacts a little whether in live play or not when he throws in extra offers

Thought that was a great game, despite Noels dodgy recollection of certain facts (like last months all blue 8 box and how many spankings the Banker has had this past week). The bonus offer was a real curve ball, it looks tempting 'open one more box and get another offer' but in a one box game you have to bear in mind it could be one box too many. The odds were in Vera's favour to take it but given her luck up till that point i can see why she might not have wanted to risk it.

Scarlet just stole the show in the final third, I feel i know her a little too well now :oops: "It's my birthday as well and i only have one ovary"

Please tell me that's up on Youtube, that has to be one of the all time classic moments, so out of left field

dreamfactorydiva

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:31 pm    Author: dreamfactorydiva    Post subject: Re: 27/04 Vera

MisterAl wrote:
Well, I was in the audience for this one, and I can reveal that Noel was reminded about Paula's OPW by the other players (can't remember who now) partway through Vera's game. I can also reveal that since he made such a big thing about Vera being on the verge of "the first ever" all-blue 8-box, I was utterly flabbergasted last month when Chris's game was broadcast. Still, I suppose that teaches me to trust anything Noel says...

I'm sad they didn't show the additional torture Cath went through with her hair being slagged off by Noel :lol: Anyway, it was really weird for me watching today as it was the first show I had been in the audience for. I was wondering how they were going to edit Vera's introduction into 5 minutes, she had so much to tell! I'm glad she took the 10k, I admit I was REALLY shocked when that offer came, I was expecting around 5-6k, just going from memory of Christine's game from March 2007, where she had a similar board (I think). I really liked Vera, she took all the initial setbacks really well and you could tell she was there more for the experience than for the money, well so I thought anyway. Well done! :smt023

JuliePenguinFan

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:52 pm    Author: JuliePenguinFan    Post subject: Re: 27/04 Vera

Yeah t'was a good 'un today, :smt023 so true Luke it's not how you start it's how you finish, coz boy oh boy that was a shaky old start! :shock: So well done Vera on clawing back and gettign a FAB 10K out the banker! :smt041 Yeah that 17,000K offer after the deal was well high! Thought it would be more like 12K. Anyway, well done Vera, great game, enjoy your winnings! :smt023
Oh and the funy coincidences with Scarlett were freaky! :)

Tom

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:50 am    Author: Tom    Post subject: Re: 27/04 Vera

Still haven't watched this through due to 4OD playing up for me, but it seems like a decent enought game.

[ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]