Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Tue May 24, 2022 11:02 am Last visit was: Tue May 24, 2022 11:02 am

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

h2005

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 7:48 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 17/04 Jean
Administrator & Global Moderator

Warnings: 0
I enjoyed the show today very much. Jean had been a bit quiet on the wings but she certainly came out of her shell today (as Noel said) and was very funny indeed. I met her briefly after my game (as she was about to join the wings) and it's a shame I didn't get to know her better.

Very entertaining show with some tense moments after she no dealt the £20k at 8-box. She was obviously there for a stab at the big money and if that's how she wanted to play it then good on her. However at least she did consider the generous final offer.

I was surprised the banker didn't make her a "dream offer" comprising of a holiday of some sort, judging by how she kept mentioning wanting to visit Alaska, Malaysia and other various parts of the world.

Well done Jean!

Profile E-mail  

daniel123

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 8:10 pm    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: 17/04 Jean
Forum Games Moderator

killersbee wrote:
Aww, what a shame at the end it was looking like it was going to be a good ending to a great game :(

And yes that's the 4th game in a row where £20,000 has been the highest offer, I pray that Sunday's game breaks this barrier

You won't say that if the player actually wins £20,000 though. You're very predictable KB (like Mark), and it's irritating.
Watched today's game in part while flicking between C4 and Crime Stories on the Crime & Investigations Channel (virgin 237). I preferred Crime Stories, to be honest.
But either way, welldone Jean on a very good and well-played game, and £5,000 aswell. My rating today? 7/10.

Like Tom Hanks and his football on that island in 'Cast Away', it looks like it's just me and the bots here now. But that's alright, we're having a grand old time. Aren't we, Wilson? WILSOOOOON?!

A few of us who were once part of the furniture, once stalwarts of the grand and extravagant, exuberant and thriving forum...have receded back into the walls, still faintly visible, still here as poignant, reminding relics of an era gone by; but most of us have vanished, forever immersed in the mists of time.

Profile E-mail  

StatsMan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 10:36 pm    Author: StatsMan    Post subject: Re: 17/04 Jean

Far more entertaining game than I thought it would be when Jean's name was called, to be honest. Good banter throughout, and yet another board that held the big sums in play for a considerable time. I didn't think initially she was much of a gambler, but that was soon proved wrong - any of the last 3 offers were takeable (I'd have taken the 8-box £20k), but it seemed virtually no offer was going to stop her from going to the end, she clearly enjoyed the experience to the full, so good on her.

It felt quite a positive game considering she got the minimum out of the game, yet if he had the £20k she'd have got the maximum out of the game. That must be quite a rare occurence to have an OPL or OPW determined on the player box opening!

Profile E-mail  

clareclw1

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 10:56 pm    Author: clareclw1    Post subject: Re: 17/04 Jean

h2005 wrote:
We're back

Noel asks Jean what she has when she has her picture taken, and Jean yells out "SEX!!!" :shock: :lol:

6 - Rich - £5

Banker time

This made me laugh loads as Walter used to shout out "SEX!!!" hahahaha :laughing

Profile E-mail  

h2005

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 11:01 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 17/04 Jean
Administrator & Global Moderator

clareclw1 wrote:
h2005 wrote:
We're back

Noel asks Jean what she has when she has her picture taken, and Jean yells out "SEX!!!" :shock: :lol:

6 - Rich - £5

Banker time

This made me laugh loads as Walter used to shout out "SEX!!!" hahahaha :laughing

Yes I heard about him doing that and it reminded me of that too... I thought maybe Walter was in the audience for today's game :laughing

Profile E-mail  

StatsMan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 11:32 pm    Author: StatsMan    Post subject: Re: 17/04 Jean

The funniest thing about that "SEX!" remark was that I had fast-forwarded the Sky+ too far, so that when I stopped it, that was the first word, which made it even more bizarre!

Profile E-mail  

Simon F

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 12:11 am    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 17/04 Jean

I'm still not quite sure whether Jean recognised the poor offers for the board up to 11 box or whether she was just a big gambler. I think her 3 no deals in the second half of the game meant she was either going to open her box whatever happened or the board was stable enough that she thought it was worth the risk.

To be honest, the last 3 offers were all ones where I could see the justification for either choice.

KP

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 12:20 am    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 17/04 Jean
International Forums Moderator

The £20k was arguable either way (I'd have taken it... just) and I suspect lots of players would have chased the game from there even though the offers were fairly close to the mean (the board stability helped), but her willingness to shut her son up was straight out of the Wakeyist playbook!

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 12:13 am    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject: Re: 17/04 Jean

A good game with a very stable board, the sort of board where Dealing and No Dealing are equally justifiable.

Jean was a lot more bubbly and outgoing than i expected her to be as well.

Shame she didn't get the £20k at the end but i'm sure she has no regrets.

killersbee

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 4:11 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 17/04 Jean

StatsMan wrote:
The funniest thing about that "SEX!" remark was that I had fast-forwarded the Sky+ too far, so that when I stopped it, that was the first word, which made it even more bizarre!

HAHA!

That's going on to the "Best Quotes of 2009" :lol:

[ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]