Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:41 am Last visit was: Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:41 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 5:43 pm    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: Re: 11/04 Rachael - Easter Sunday Special

Warnings: 0
h2005 wrote:
18 - Karen - £5,000

Rachael chooses Egg 2. It's a BAD EGG :(

She keeps her £6,500

Egg 1 has the other bad egg, egg 3 has the good egg

Never mind, then.

Sixty-five hundred pounds is a decent amount of money. You should know that, h :lol: !

Congrats to Rachael, and enjoy the money :) .

clareclw1

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 5:43 pm    Author: clareclw1    Post subject: Re: 11/04 Rachael - Easter Sunday Special

i wonder when she dealt if she was thinking more about the possibility of the £13,000, rather than the actual quite low offer of £6,500? i would like to know, if there wasn't a possibilty of doubling her money, whether she would have no dealt in a 'usual' game play situation...?

Simon F

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 5:43 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 11/04 Rachael - Easter Sunday Special

Being picky, if the banker was being truly honest with his proveout offers, they should have probably involved eggs too but I can see why they didn't.

Even picking the good egg wouldn't have stopped this week being the 2nd worse payout in DOND history.

The deal was sensible with the 1/3 chance of doubling it and it turned out to be the right thing to do.

Last edited by Simon F on Sun Apr 12, 2009 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

alexandercbrown

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 5:45 pm    Author: alexandercbrown    Post subject: Re: 11/04 Rachael - Easter Sunday Special

Very cautious deal - I'd have rejected it instantly. I'd want 13K normally to consider it.

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 5:46 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 11/04 Rachael - Easter Sunday Special

Yeah, so can I; we'd surely have seen the eggs being used again...

I reckon so too, Clare; £6,500 wasn't the nicest of offers at 8-box, but £13,000 would have been a cast-iron deal on that board...so the opportunity to get that much by picking the right egg would have definitely made the offer attractive

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

Skyline

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 5:50 pm    Author: Skyline    Post subject: Re: 11/04 Rachael - Easter Sunday Special
Forum Games Moderator

It's the 12th of April! :smt018

rico7

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 6:22 pm    Author: rico7    Post subject: Re: 12/04 Rachael - Easter Sunday Special

A good show and good result, shame the 1/3 chance didn't work out but
the deal had to be taken on the basis that it was unlikely to, it's more significant
to take a gamble with a 2/3 chance of success.

I must admit I thought it would have been interesting had the £750 and £100,000 was left.
The banker might have come up with a fascinating banker's gamble such as
find the good egg in one attempt and get £100,000 or lose your £6,500.

KP

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 6:34 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 12/04 Rachael - Easter Sunday Special
International Forums Moderator

With the expected value of the Deal lottery in four figures, and £100,000 still in the game, I'd have played on. However, to turn that down probably requires a willingness to play to the end that Rachael wasn't going to have in the first place, and certainly not in the light of the spectacular Wakeyist train wreck that preceded her - no complaints here.

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

James1978

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 6:53 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: 12/04 Rachael - Easter Sunday Special

Decent enough game today. Rachael was nice enough but a bit quiet - the highlight for me were the comedy bits with Ollie and Margaret opening their boxes. I bet Ollie wishes he'd been picked today! I predicted when him and Noel started engaging i just KNEW he would have the £250,000. Then I predicted Margaret would have the £100,000 and she turned out having the 1p! Box 3 containing 1p and 4 containing £250,000.....someone would have been happy today. :)

Deal was fair enough I guess even though I'd have gone on - I actually thoiught the £10,000 was sort of tempting at 11-box with a big drop between the block of 3 which she was completely relaint on and the oranges. Dealing before using the eggs would have been as anti-climatic as Chris at halloween dealing before 5-box I suppose. I was glad she dealt anyway as at least £6,500 was absolutely safe when picking the egg at the end and no possibility of winning crap all.

I would have gone on due to the banker seemingly offering good offers on one-box last 5's like Natalie's and Lesley's, but I guess respect to Rachael for realising the danger of the 2-box game at 8-box! :)

Is that the second worst week ever after the first week of Season 4? I can't recall how much the previous second worst week had, I know it was the last week of May 08? Just over £30k I think. We must have had less than that with no 5-figure wins, Gra winning a high blue and Daimon winning nothing....

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

Last edited by James1978 on Sun Apr 12, 2009 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KP

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 7:01 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 12/04 Rachael - Easter Sunday Special
International Forums Moderator

Yes, £10k was tempting and I'd probably have turned down the 8-box offer partly as a result of having turned down the 11-box one - I wouldn't have wanted to think I could have won more had I not followed the 'first three offers are meaningless' convention!!!

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

cool-luke-18

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 7:18 pm    Author: cool-luke-18    Post subject: Re: 12/04 Rachael - Easter Sunday Special

It was a good game, it was very different from Friday. The comedy with Ollie with very good but it was a shame that he didn't play Friday or today as he has had the £250,000 two games in a row. In normal play I think that the fourth offer would have been about £9,000. It was low today because of the eggs. I would have no dealt it as well.

fdude

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 8:21 pm    Author: fdude    Post subject: Re: 12/04 Rachael - Easter Sunday Special

Was a good game. Didn't expect her to play on a Sunday, would have thought it would have suited some more like Ollie. Speaking of Olli,e did anyone notice how much he got involved today! I mean... WOW! He's kept silent for most of the 3-4 weeks and todya was sudden burst!

Anyways, well done Rachael! :D

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 8:30 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 12/04 Rachael - Easter Sunday Special

James1978 wrote:
...Is that the second worst week ever after the first week of Season 4? I can't recall how much the previous second worst week had, I know it was the last week of May 08? Just over £30k I think. We must have had less than that with no 5-figure wins, Gra winning a high blue and Daimon winning nothing....

Indeed the second-worst week for payouts!

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

killersbee

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 9:40 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 12/04 Rachael - Easter Sunday Special

Missed it yet again!

It sounded like a good turnaround after the last two games

jamesfish

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 10:07 pm    Author: jamesfish    Post subject: Re: 12/04 Rachael - Easter Sunday Special

Can someone please put the video of noel and olly going on at each others clothing style on youtube, as it is certainly one of the highlights of season four so far for me.

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:46 pm    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject: Re: 12/04 Rachael - Easter Sunday Special

Enjoyable game, I was expecting Rachel to play in the Easter Specials for some reason, maybe it was because she'd exceeded the 22 show average with no sign of being called, maybe it was when she did one of the trails for the specials

Noel seemed a bit feisty today, he had some great comedy moments with different players, lots of great banter there.

A more conservative use of the eggs than we've had to date though i do wonder if Rachel had gone to 5 box would he have been more minxy with his egg clause?

Thought £6500 was a little mean at 8 box personally, okay she found the £50,000 but i would say that was counterbalanced by the other two boxes being the lowest in play, then again as Clare said there is a tendancy when a double is offered to think not of the guaranteed amount but the maximum (I did it myself even though I knew it was only a 1 in 3 chance).
Just from the way she hesitated so long over her decision it was clear that a deal was the right decision for Rachel and i was a little worried that the sweep would persuade her otherwise, I think that could have been disastrous, especially if the banker picked up on why she no dealt.

Oh and for the record i guessed where the Good egg was today.Shame Rachel didn't

Michael DeVere

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 12:15 am    Author: Michael DeVere    Post subject: Re: 12/04 Rachael - Easter Sunday Special

jamesfish wrote:
Can someone please put the video of noel and olly going on at each others clothing style on youtube, as it is certainly one of the highlights of season four so far for me.

Here's that moment >> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NG1yZ3xIR9Q <<

I actually thought that was one of Noel's better shirts compared to some of the ones he's worn before. I don't remember seeing the "stick-men" shirt before. Perhaps it was a new one Noel got for Christmas.

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 12:21 am    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 12/04 Rachael - Easter Sunday Special

Maybe, I think I like that one too actually!

StatsMan

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 12:59 am    Author: StatsMan    Post subject: Re: 12/04 Rachael - Easter Sunday Special

Quite a contrast to friday, a decent game with an adequate result. Perhaps the deal was slightly on the cautious side, but given the way the week's gone, I don't blame her, and it was a justifiable decision anyway because she needed to keep both the top 2 to get a significantly bigger offer. However, the £5k would've persuaded me to go on one more round, and probably forced to the end depending on the egg twist at 5-box.

Pretty rubbish week for payouts, let's hope next week is a lot better!

Biggest Pilgrim Game Wins:

Marlene - 21 July 2013: £118,000
Gill - 23 March 2014: £75,000
Tony - 24 April 2012: £72,000
Lee - 4 April 2013: £48,000
Tommy & Jen - 26 & 27 Mar 2013 :O - £45,000! :O :O

bb67

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 12:37 pm    Author: bb67    Post subject: Re: 12/04 Rachael - Easter Sunday Special

I expected Tinkerbell to have a bigger amount in her box after her blue run faded for a short time. But it was back! Well done in the end Rachael. :D

[ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]