Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:14 am Last visit was: Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:14 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 95 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

James1978

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:08 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: 02/04 Joe

Warnings: 0
Well I have finally caught up - what a fantastic show that was, Joe was an absolute legend - a bit like an older version of Walter!

To get an all middle-red finish out of a game that was looking like a trainwreck is brilliant, and even though he turned down offers on the mean he was fully justified to as he was obviously prepared to win a blue and it wouldn't have fazed him at all. I guiess at 97 he didn't really need a few thousand!

I thought going back to normal after all the special shows could be a bit of an anti-climax but thanks to Joe it was anything but! :D

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

nevadajo7

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 10:23 pm    Author: nevadajo7    Post subject: Re: 02/04 Joe

WOW what a game....i'm bawling...
what a lovely gentleman
as the banker said - THE PRIDE OF BRITAIN

:notworthy:
joe u little diamond
jo
xxxx

taff

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 10:39 pm    Author: taff    Post subject: Re: 02/04 Joe

Definitely one of my favourite games of all time! Well played Joe.

ciderduck

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 10:48 pm    Author: ciderduck    Post subject: Re: 02/04 Joe

that's a cracker!! i really thought at the start he wouldnt go away with anything more than 4k, for some reason, i just didnt think he'd be lucky.....happily i was wrong (though he really didnt seem to consider the offers too much :eyes: ), but there you go. what a spanking :-D

StatsMan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 10:55 pm    Author: StatsMan    Post subject: Re: 02/04 Joe

Wasn't expecting Joe today, but that was a great game all round - he certainly had plenty of stories to tell, and was very sprightly for his age, an inspiration to us all!

One of a handful of contestants to finish filming their shows within a week, as he must have arrived on the Tuesday of David's game and played on the Friday, and it's no coincidence that this was the last recording day before the month-long christmas break.

Great game, and quite a different one - bizarre to hit the 1 in 364 chance at 14-box (Incidentally, I think Ottis is the only other player to do this), and then ultimately recover brilliantly to an all-red finish (turning down some generous offers along the way, I might add)! I was so pleased for him when he left the 2 reds, a deserved result for an extraordinary man.

Biggest Pilgrim Game Wins:

Marlene - 21 July 2013: £118,000
Gill - 23 March 2014: £75,000
Tony - 24 April 2012: £72,000
Lee - 4 April 2013: £48,000
Tommy & Jen - 26 & 27 Mar 2013 :O - £45,000! :O :O

Last edited by StatsMan on Fri Apr 03, 2009 12:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

MisterAl

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 11:05 pm    Author: MisterAl    Post subject: Re: 02/04 Joe

StatsMan wrote:
...bizarre to hit the 1 in 364 chance at 14-box (Incidentally, I think Ottis is the only other player to do this)

Is there a way of pointing out that Ottis didn't do this at all (although he did do something similar) without me sounding like a smug, needlessly pedantic and arrogant git who never does anything here except correct people's errors?

No? In that case, I'll just keep quiet.

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 11:07 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 02/04 Joe

Your anorak side really has shone since you saw David's game, I must say... :-D

You should start thinking about challenging him to the title of Deal or No Deal's Biggest Fan!

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

greeny

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 11:14 pm    Author: greeny    Post subject: Re: 02/04 Joe

StatsMan wrote:
Wasn't expecting Joe today, but that was a great game all round - he certainly had plenty of stories to tell, and was very sprightly for his age, an inspiration to us all!

One of a handful of contestants to finish filming their shows within a week, as he must have arrived on the Tuesday after David's game and played on the Friday, and it's no coincidence that this was the last recording day before the month-long christmas break.

Great game, and quite a different one - bizarre to hit the 1 in 364 chance at 14-box (Incidentally, I think Ottis is the only other player to do this), and then ultimately recover brilliantly to an all-red finish (turning down some generous offers along the way, I might add)! I was so pleased for him when he left the 2 reds, a deserved result for an extraordinary man.

His first game was David's game :?

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 11:15 pm    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject: Re: 02/04 Joe

Bit surprised to see Joe called up today, he hardly seems to have been there 5 minutes, so we go from one of the longest serving contestants to one much below the average (I think, forget exactly how many shows he was there for)

Anyway that's all by the by, that was a classic 'rollercoaster' game, a potential trainwreck averted by determination, guts and pure blind lock. He had the nightmare round and the dream round at different points in his game, there was so much there to appreciate.

What's more Joe was a memorable charector, a likeable personality and a good sense of humour, though i think he nicked some of his jokes from George Burns :-D

This is turning out to be a great week

StatsMan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 11:33 pm    Author: StatsMan    Post subject: Re: 02/04 Joe

MisterAl wrote:
StatsMan wrote:
...bizarre to hit the 1 in 364 chance at 14-box (Incidentally, I think Ottis is the only other player to do this)

Is there a way of pointing out that Ottis didn't do this at all (although he did do something similar) without me sounding like a smug, needlessly pedantic and arrogant git who never does anything here except correct people's errors?

No? In that case, I'll just keep quiet.

Oh silly me, Mister Al, how stupid of me to misremember the events of 760 episodes ago - Ottis knocked out the top 3 at 17-box, however Mel knocked out the bottom 3 at 14-box, which is obviously the same odds as what Joe did today.

Satisfied? :smt019

Biggest Pilgrim Game Wins:

Marlene - 21 July 2013: £118,000
Gill - 23 March 2014: £75,000
Tony - 24 April 2012: £72,000
Lee - 4 April 2013: £48,000
Tommy & Jen - 26 & 27 Mar 2013 :O - £45,000! :O :O

MisterAl

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 11:47 pm    Author: MisterAl    Post subject: Re: 02/04 Joe

StatsMan wrote:
Oh silly me, Mister Al, how stupid of me to misremember the events of 760 episodes ago - Ottis knocked out the top 3 at 17-box, however Mel knocked out the bottom 3 at 14-box, which is obviously the same odds as what Joe did today.

Satisfied? :smt019

Hee hee!

By the way, you might be interested to know that at 14-box Ottis did take out the third highest, sixth highest and seventh highest remaining at that stage, which also happens to be a 1 in 364 shot. Staggering, eh?

bb67

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 12:08 am    Author: bb67    Post subject: Re: 02/04 Joe

What a memorable game. :D

Just wonderful, 1,001 will never be forgotten. One of the ALL TIME CLASSIC SHOWS. Fairly enjoyed that today, great entertainment. You just gotta love this show. :)

WELL DONE JOE!

rico7

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 9:46 am    Author: rico7    Post subject: Re: 02/04 Joe

MisterAl wrote:
rico7 wrote:
It must be unique to get both the 1 in 363 chance of hitting the three highest reds in round 3,
followed by the 1 in 28 chance of leaving the two highest amounts to the end from 8 box!

The Banker actually (correctly) said that the odds were 363/1, which actually means it's a 1 in 364 chance. I am overly pedantic.

And it's actually the first time we've seen that happen ever, let alone subsequently going on to leave the highest two alone from 8-box.

No not pedantic, always happy to be corrected MisterAl! I didn't check this figure, just recalled the 363 the banker mentioned on the show but you're absolutely correct with 1 in 364, even more of a remote chance! Given that Joe took out £35,000 at just the wrong time as well, to go home with £20,000 yesterday was an exceptional transformation.

I'm really struggling to decide which show I enjoyed more, Joe's or Lisa's, you can barely start the month much better
than that! :D

Tom

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 2:48 pm    Author: Tom    Post subject: Re: 02/04 Joe

That was just brilliant. What an amazing game.

To get £20,000 out of that game, and the way he did it was just great to watch.

Now let's hope the next few games are like this one.

killersbee

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 11:53 am    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 02/04 Joe

I'm so glad that Joe gave us a great game, I had a feeling he would

Enjoy £20,000, Joe :smt023

[ 95 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]