Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Thu Aug 11, 2022 12:38 pm Last visit was: Thu Aug 11, 2022 12:38 pm

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

daniel123

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 6:13 pm    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: 24/03 Kieron
Forum Games Moderator

Warnings: 0
Well...I must be honest, when I watched David's game yesterday, Kieron reminded me somehow of Okiem from Feb 2006. And in a way, their games were.....nothing like each other, as it turns out. :oops: (Well there's a speech just gone horribly wrong....). No, wait - replace the N in "Kieron" with "m", take out the "r" and rearrange the letters - and you have Okiem! :-D
But, er, anyway. I think, especially with Noel's Wakeyistic rants nowadays, Kieron did extremely well to deal at £4,000 and avoid the guilt trip. I couldn't say I agree with the deal in the slightest, but he played the game the way it was originally intended to be played (from a player's point of view) - His way. Not only this but he secured himself £4,000 for him and his mum, so I say welldone to him. :)

The only question now is - what about his girlfriend/wife? Or even his dad? :lol:

Like Tom Hanks and his football on that island in 'Cast Away', it looks like it's just me and the bots here now. But that's alright, we're having a grand old time. Aren't we, Wilson? WILSOOOOON?!

A few of us who were once part of the furniture, once stalwarts of the grand and extravagant, exuberant and thriving forum...have receded back into the walls, still faintly visible, still here as poignant, reminding relics of an era gone by; but most of us have vanished, forever immersed in the mists of time.

Profile E-mail  

cfd

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 6:20 pm    Author: cfd    Post subject: Re: 24/03 Kieron

Strange in that he had essentially the same but better board as David, but got offered less. Suprised he took it, I wouldn't have done myself.

They both had £55,000 remaining, but on David's board the only way to improve £6,500 is to open the box (or hit the red/red finish). On Kieron's board though he could improe the offer by keeping the £50,000 at 2box.

Profile E-mail  

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 6:33 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 24/03 Kieron

Not bad a game - plenty of banter again, and a decent cautious win!

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

Profile E-mail  

Skyline

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 7:03 pm    Author: Skyline    Post subject: Re: 24/03 Kieron
Forum Games Moderator

I missed this game as I was with a friend - seemed banterful.

Profile E-mail  

cool-luke-18

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 7:18 pm    Author: cool-luke-18    Post subject: Re: 24/03 Kieron

Kieron did say at the end that he would give £2,000 to his mum, £1000 to his girlfriend and keep £1000 to himself.
The show was not as entertaining as yesterday but still good, he was definitely one of the tightest contestants there has been, I'm not sure if I'll meet something as tight as Kieron.

Profile E-mail  

StatsMan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:18 am    Author: StatsMan    Post subject: Re: 24/03 Kieron

It wasn't as surreal a game as yesterday (although that wouldn't be difficult), but there was some decent banter throughout. He was quite a reserved character, much like David himself professed to be, the difference being that David sparked into life at the crazy chair, whereas Kieron's game was less... er... random, shall we say! Players react to the pressurised moment in the spotlight in different ways, understandably, and that's partly what makes the show fascinating.

Slightly questionable deal, but in a 1-box game with 3 blues it's not the worst decision we have seen. As people have said, the chance to keep the £50k would've yielded an offer about 4 times more, so I would've gone on. Make it David's offer and I'm not so sure, though.

Good game, clearly not as good as yesterday's though! :lol:

Profile E-mail  

James1978

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:54 am    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: 24/03 Kieron

Well - I have to say the deal surprised me somewhat as I thought he was committed to at least 2-box to keep the £50k in play, but at the end of the day he dealt for the highest amount available bar a swap at the end that was at a "dealable" point in the game, and 4 grand isn't a bad afternoons work, certainly better than winning a blue like I would have done.

Another one that was more about interaction between contestant, Noel and banker like yesterday (only less wing interaction). The best bit was when he came back from the 1st break in an almost identical top! :)

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

Michael DeVere

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 11:23 am    Author: Michael DeVere    Post subject: Re: 24/03 Kieron

A game that had it's entertaining moments with the various wardrobe changes, and a deal that (a shame the offer wasn't a bit higher) proved to be a wise decision after all.

I also think the comment that Kieron made about 2-box being the highest offer in a game would have worked against him as well had the game gone in his favour. Because I feel the Banker would have wanted to prove a point to Kieron and would have tried to offer under £10,000 for the rest of the game, which he did anyway, but that was only because the game fell apart. I suspect that if Kieron had got to live play with the £50,000 (instead of £5,000) & £100 in play that the Banker may have offered just £9,999 to prove that point along with the fact that Kieron didn’t come across as a big gambler meant the Banker might have felt safe taking that risk (of course that’s all pure speculation).

Profile E-mail  

Tom

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 11:47 am    Author: Tom    Post subject: Re: 24/03 Kieron

Am I the only one who got a bit tired of the whole cufflinks thing?..it just ran on a bit for me.

Anyway, some decent enough banter and a deal that turned out to be a fairly smart move. So can't complain really.

The next few shows sound interesting...

Profile E-mail  

collydolly

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 1:13 pm    Author: collydolly    Post subject: Re: 24/03 Kieron

Tom wrote:
Am I the only one who got a bit tired of the whole cufflinks thing?..it just ran on a bit for me.

Anyway, some decent enough banter and a deal that turned out to be a fairly smart move. So can't complain really.

The next few shows sound interesting...

I think Kieron wanted the cufflinks to sell as I believe they are unique and probably belong to Noel personally. But I could be wrong :D

It will be good to see some of the past contestants again especially Clive :D

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 12:35 am    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject: Re: 24/03 Kieron

Some great banter in that game but not much luck.

Curious parallels to David's game as well - same box number, board peaked at the second offer and he bailed at 5 box narrowly avoiding a blue win

All in all a fairly entertaining show though and it was lovely to see Gerraint in the teaser. Wales has had more than it's fair share of memorable players it seems.

[ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]