Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:39 am Last visit was: Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:39 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 71 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

kestral

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 5:16 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject: 24/03 Kieron
Site Owner, Administrator & Global Moderator

Warnings: 0
Kieron's game today.

Noel talks about the anticipation in the Dream factory with the build up to the 1000th show, and he does his male coward speech again as he walks along the wings, although he does stop when he gets to Stephen :lol:

KP

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 5:17 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 24/03 Kieron
International Forums Moderator

...KP is no longer a fan of the show again, effective immediately...

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

Simon F

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 5:17 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 24/03 Kieron

KP wrote:
...KP is no longer a fan of the show again, effective immediately...

That didn't take you long.

kestral

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 5:19 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject: Re: 24/03 Kieron

Kieron has box 4 today. (They got a new box 4 quickly, or have they borrowed yours H? :lol: )

Kieron works in a supermarket and has brought along the lucky pencil-case! He tells us the story behind it, and since his mum bought it for him and he used it in exams he passed them all :D Kieron says he is a bit of a salesman and also likes to wheel and deal for discounts.

We get to see some of Kieron's pics...

Here we go...

KP

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 5:19 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 24/03 Kieron

Didn't take long for Noel to start inciting the players to gamble again Simon.

Kieron has now established a 'negotiator' style before the game begins, and I would not be surprised to see the set-your-own-offer twist dragged out of the closet again today.

In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

Last edited by KP on Tue Mar 24, 2009 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Simon F

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 5:20 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 24/03 Kieron

KP wrote:
Didn't take long for Noel to start inciting the players to gamble again Simon.

It's the second time he's used the male coward speech at the beginning of the show in the last few days.

KP

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 5:21 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 24/03 Kieron

Second in two (did it before H's too) and I have a feeling he'll do it all week, with all male contestants in that time.

kestral

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 5:22 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject: Re: 24/03 Kieron

Round 1

Kieron has a bit of system although the dynamics of it changes, which confuses Noel a little... It is based on doubling up numbers of boxes...

8 - £1,000 Derrick

16 - £500 Rachael

2 - £10,000 Gra

20 - £250,000 :( Thel

10 - £50 Margaret

Banker time

kestral

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 5:24 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject: Re: 24/03 Kieron

Margaret equals the record for having 10 blues in a row, and she will be going for the record tomorrow. The Banker hints at what is happening for the special shows which start tomorrow, and there will be special guests, and also each day the board will be unique. The Banker was listening to Kieron while he was having his mic fitted, and Kieron will now be changing clothes in each part of the show!

Banker's offer:

£7,500

KP

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 5:24 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 24/03 Kieron

Whatever the reasoning behind the system, he's created a stable £100k board to start. Offer reflects it, it's already almost half the mean. An all-blue next and he'll have nowhere to go but into dealable territory.

Last edited by KP on Tue Mar 24, 2009 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Simon F

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 5:25 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 24/03 Kieron

KP wrote:
Second in two (did it before H's too) and I have a feeling he'll do it all week, with all male contestants in that time.

I'm not sure the contestants pay too much attention to Noel's pre-game rantings to be honest.

kestral

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 5:25 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject: Re: 24/03 Kieron

Kieron goes to Jason and he says that Kieron is the one person to deal at the first offer as he is the tighest person he has met!!!

Kieron says

NO DEAL

KP

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 5:26 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 24/03 Kieron

Not even the contestants I worry about so much (and they have make-up time between the pre-game and the first box) as baying the viewers to go 'you! Coward! You! Coward!' in almost Jeremy Kyle-esque fashion.

And if you think all the audience can tell the difference you've not spent long enough on this forum.

Anyway! There's a game going on here!

Last edited by KP on Tue Mar 24, 2009 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kestral

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 5:27 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject: Re: 24/03 Kieron

Round 2

5 - £250 Lesley

Kieron says he didn't really like chosing that box as it messes up his system a bit

3 - £15,000 Chris

Noel has spotted someone from wardrobe go past, so it must be time for Kieron to change, so Noel calls the break...

KP

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 5:28 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 24/03 Kieron

Not a bad inadvertent pick there, taking out a high blue.

It's not the block of five he'd have wanted, but it's plenty good enough to be going on with. Feels like a teen-thousand game already from here, but we've seen players sucked into boards like this and crash.

Last edited by KP on Tue Mar 24, 2009 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Simon F

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 5:29 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 24/03 Kieron

Statistically 1 in 248ish female contestants winning the QM means that Noel should really not be singling the male contestants out.

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 5:31 pm    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: Re: 24/03 Kieron

Why so serious, KP?

KP

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 5:31 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 24/03 Kieron

Especially when one considers that one of the two female winners did so courtesy of a deux ex machina and the other courtesy of a most unexpectedly low offer, while at least one male contestant (Germaine) was only denied the £250k by a very generous offer (and Bunney and Graeme needed even more generous offers to stop them at two-box).

kestral

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 5:33 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject: Re: 24/03 Kieron

We're back
Last box before the Banker
Noel talks about how Kieron has been labelled a diva while on the show and he was heard saying he wanted to change his clothes after he was picked today! Kieron is now back after his change of clothes, although doesn't seem impressed with the change, and offers Kieron one of his shirts for the next change :D

Kieron's system has just confused Ollie, and now Noel as well!

6 - 10p Jason

Banker time

kestral

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 5:34 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject: Re: 24/03 Kieron

The Banker says that Kieron is such a diva for asking to change and then come out in something almost the same!

Banker's offer:

£10,000

[ 71 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]