Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Thu May 19, 2022 9:19 am Last visit was: Thu May 19, 2022 9:19 am

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

h2005

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 1:06 am    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 19/03 Steve
Administrator & Global Moderator

Warnings: 0
Simon F wrote:
What didn't make sense to me is that if David was meant to play today and he wasn't feeling well, why was he present in the studio at the start? If he was there to begin with, there would be no reason why he shouldn't be picked (unless the producers had a inkling that he wasn't feeling well)

I don't know if the banker was messing around to generate a David / Goliath gag, or whether I really was due to play today. I suspect the former, but you never know. And for the record, before the show began, I informed the crew that I was feeling unwell and they were very sympathetic, made sure I had water etc. and told me what to do if I got worse whilst in the studio.

The main problem when I was in the studio was actually developing a fever (apparently a symptom of food poisoning, even though I'd never experienced anything quite like it before). I think the lights in the studio added to my condition, to the point where I was about to faint and had to leave the studio. Still, like I said, I was handled very well by the crew and was looked after very well afterwards.

Profile E-mail  

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 1:07 am    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 19/03 Steve

This is almost like Reverend David's game from almost a year ago, and Adam's from November! :P

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

Profile E-mail  

StatsMan

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 1:08 am    Author: StatsMan    Post subject: Re: 19/03 Steve

CrazyChair wrote:
StatsMan wrote:
Oh, and the beginning was quite bizarre as well - I thought my eyes weren't deceiving me when I suddenly saw David disappear from the wings - that's never happened when someone is due to play! I know they prepare a running order each monday morning for the whole week's players or something, then at the last minute they'd have had to shift it around, what panic! :shock:

I'm sure it's happened before, but not mentioned on the show. I doubt it would have been too much of a problem regarding the running order, they probably just swapped Steve and David's shows.

I was being slightly flippant about the panic - no doubt they coped with the situation with no problems at all, it just probably would have meant a different player was drafted into this particular recording day. The anticipation is almost too much now, though!

Profile E-mail  

clareclw1

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 1:10 am    Author: clareclw1    Post subject: Re: 19/03 Steve

Power5 wrote:
So, David would have had £10,000 in his box had he played... so not missing out on huge money in box terms but at least would have guaranteed not winning a blue unless he had swapped! Let's see how it compares to his actual game now...

nobody knows and will never know for definite if he would have played today... :ponder:

Profile E-mail  

h2005

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 1:23 am    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 19/03 Steve
Administrator & Global Moderator

Power5 wrote:
So, David would have had £10,000 in his box had he played... so not missing out on huge money in box terms but at least would have guaranteed not winning a blue unless he had swapped! Let's see how it compares to his actual game now...

If I'd been well, I may have picked a different amount at random! My hand may have slightly moved a different way or something.

I don't think you can really read too much into what I had in my box today. I'm still not convinced I was due to play today anyway!

Profile E-mail  

nevadajo7

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 2:02 am    Author: nevadajo7    Post subject: Re: 19/03 Steve

Moxx of Balhoom wrote:
Does anyone else think Steve looks like that bloke from The Shield?

Lot of bad luck in that game again, can't blame Steve for dealing when he did, especially with two piddling blues on the board, and no significant backup for the £250k, i probably would have done the same, then again i might have been tempted to go all the way if i'd got to two box with that configeration. would depend if i felt i could live with £15k

With regard to the hypo swap I think Steve felt obligated to go through with it because he'd been so insistant that the £250k was in the other box.

the guy from the shield is 'slightly' more sexy...sorry steve
onjoy ya trip mate :smt023

Profile E-mail  

Tom

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 1:34 pm    Author: Tom    Post subject: Re: 19/03 Steve

There was nothing wrong with the deal. I probably would have done the same thing.

Steve seemed a nice enough bloke, and its good to hear that he'll be able to travel along America like he wants too.

I've said before that I don't like the hypothetical swaps so the same applies again.

As for the H issue, I think the main line is that we'll never know whether he was meant to play yesterday or not...theres no point in looking too much into it.

Profile E-mail  

tr4962

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 3:23 pm    Author: tr4962    Post subject: Re: 19/03 Steve

ciderduck wrote:
Had the 250k been in box 16, i would've been flippin mad, what with Noel forcing him into NOT taking it out...the whole 'play on with honesty' stuff. Obviously now it seems like a contractual obligation in the rules. Should Noel be allowed to stick his oar in like that?! I think had i been playing the game, i would keep my mouth firmly shut regarding any silly 'special' numbers etc. Should i then be convinced for no reason that the biggest remaining numbers were in a particular box, then i would be able to take them without Noel stopping me from doing so! Can anyone elaborate on this, david or clare etc, cos it does irritate me! And anyway, glad steve was very happy with his deal, and to me, he really didn't seem at all bothered about 'missing' out. A good attitude to have. Nice one!

I agree
Noel shouldn't have interfered, surely if Steve thought it was in one box, maybe he wanted to keep another number for a personal reason. The only way to make sure players play completely honestly (which i bet a great deal haven't) would be to write out all the numbers beforehand (which some people do). but it works much better if they pick them spontaneously

[ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]