Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:52 pm Last visit was: Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:52 pm

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Mark

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 7:28 pm    Author: Mark    Post subject: Re: 18/03 Cheri

Warnings: 0
Well she did create a pattern with her last three games, £100k, £20k, £100k. Shame the pattern didn't continue.

Simon F

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 8:50 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 18/03 Cheri

Poor Cheri - to hit the 1 in 14 chance at 8 box when the offer had been reasonable but not exceptional was horrible.

Halfway through the week and the total winnings have barely hit £5k (but then last week was looking poor until last Thursday)

James1978

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 9:19 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: 18/03 Cheri

I could tell that was going to be a trainwreck from the editing, it was going really slowly, and as soon as it became clear she was turning down the £9k, I knew she was winning a blue, I agree it seemed to be edited to make David look the bad guy for egging her on for it all to fall apart, but anyone who knows the game will know that wasn't the case!

Such a shame - it actually feels like we're back in autumn last year again with offers and luck like this - it seems Alice's game used up all the luck and it feels like more than a week ago!

And what worries me is that when David's played there'll be nobody left from Daniels' game - and I have a feeeling the offers when he was around were only good becuase of him.

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

Michael DeVere

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 9:41 pm    Author: Michael DeVere    Post subject: Re: 18/03 Cheri

A game that started off with great fun & energy, but then slowly just went downhill thanks to the trainwreck of a game that unfolded.

It was certainly worth going on at 8-box, after an offer of £9,000, due to the back-up block of 3 reds (15k - £35k) and £75k, but as we all know luck isn’t always on the players side as Cheri unfortunately found out when she found all the 4 remaining reds in a row and was left with just the 4 blues.

Cheri is obviously a kind & genuine person and the fact she wanted to help other people out as well with any potential winnings made the crash to a blue win even worse.

Clips from the game >> Derrick & Linz's box openings >> Dirk's box opening >> Noel talks about his "pipeworks"

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 12:02 am    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject: Re: 18/03 Cheri

If last week was the most expensive ever for the Banker could this week be the cheapest?

That was a cruel and unpleasant game, moreso because Cheri herself came across as such a nice pleasant and positive person.

Still some nice humour in there both from Cheri herself and from the wings, in fact under different circumstances Linz fumbling her box office could have been a classic comedy moment. As it was it just left a nasty taste in the mouth.

StatsMan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 12:23 am    Author: StatsMan    Post subject: Re: 18/03 Cheri

Gutting game, no doubt about it. Cheri didn't deserve that kind of luck, and there was nothing she could've really done to prevent the blue win, the collapse was sudden and practically unrecoverable. I thought the £4k offer the round after she lost the £250k was dreadful, as she still had a block from £10k-£35k plus £75k I think.

But the banker is thriving on momentum at the moment, unlike previous weeks where it has been the player. 3 blue wins, a sub-£5k win and a £20k has recovered the banker's coffers after the debacle of last thursday, particularly as he could've paid out £334,000 over this period.

Biggest Pilgrim Game Wins:

Marlene - 21 July 2013: £118,000
Gill - 23 March 2014: £75,000
Tony - 24 April 2012: £72,000
Lee - 4 April 2013: £48,000
Tommy & Jen - 26 & 27 Mar 2013 :O - £45,000! :O :O

mallard2007

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 12:45 am    Author: mallard2007    Post subject: Re: 18/03 Cheri

sucb a shame Cheri only won £10, she seemed such a nice lady! :(

colliwobs

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 1:16 am    Author: colliwobs    Post subject: Re: 18/03 Cheri

mallard2007 wrote:
sucb a shame Cheri only won £10, she seemed such a nice lady! :(

I agree with you but being a nice person isn't in the equation. for a lady who wanted a bike to help her achondroplasia grandson (dwarfism )not terminal (as someone said mistakenly)I really believe that with the £12,000 offered it would have helped him . its all about choices and yes she was a nice lady .and i too would have liked more or better for her but you takes your choices and pays your price.
according to all the other box openers EVERYONE DESERVES a bucket load of money but in a game like this there are winners and losers . being a" nice person" means not a lot really. its a game of luck

I am dying for David game

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 1:33 am    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 18/03 Cheri

That would be me - my bad! :oops:

Edited now! :D Thanks

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

Tom

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:18 am    Author: Tom    Post subject: Re: 18/03 Cheri

I havent seen it yet, but this sounds like it was just an unlucky game. From what I've read, the £9,000 no deal was a sensible decision (I would have done the same) but the luick just wasnt there.

If i get the chance to watch it on 4od over the next few days, I'll post more of a response.

rico7

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:25 am    Author: rico7    Post subject: Re: 18/03 Cheri

Just watched the show. Really wanted Cheri to win big but not to be. :?
I would have gone on at 8 box even though £9,000 was a good offer because it was such a stable board and I don't think Cheri should have any regrets it just didn't work out.

KP

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 1:01 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 18/03 Cheri
International Forums Moderator

More than enough stability to play on at eight-box - the tipping point was lower than it might have looked at first glance, but it wasn't in four figures - and that was essentially an unavoidable trainwreck.

Still, we're not getting a Wakeyist Spring I suppose.

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

[ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]