Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:43 pm Last visit was: Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:42 pm

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Power5

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 11:48 pm    Author: Power5    Post subject: Re: 17/03 Ian

Warnings: 0
I guess every game brought something new in those days, as there had only been about 100... takes a lot more to make a game memorable now.

In fact the producers have had to give it a helping hand in the years since, introducing new twists like Banker's Gambles, non-monetary offers and swap-only offers, plus all the seasonal specials with additional gameplay twists of course.

StatsMan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 12:01 am    Author: StatsMan    Post subject: Re: 17/03 Ian

It was a very strange game, Ian didn't seem particularly motivated by it or to be enjoying the moment fully, he decided to go on when the momentum was against him and stop when it was with him, but in the end it didn't matter as he seemingly would've ended up with £4,999 regardless, unless he wakeyed it in a dramatic out-of-character move at the end.

The offers became a bit too predictable - I like to be shocked at how poor an offer is and pleasantly surprisely at how generous an offer is, but this game just turned into a complete stalemate. Glad to see the banker's gamble was not used for the first time in ages - maybe it has gone for good following its ill-use with Alice?

As a point of interest, I was trying to remember another player who had several duplicate peak offers in a game, and it was Usha, who had 4 offers of £7,500 - this meant she could've scored an OPW by going at 4 different stages! Although I believe Ian now has the record with 5 duplicate offers.

Biggest Pilgrim Game Wins:

Marlene - 21 July 2013: £118,000
Gill - 23 March 2014: £75,000
Tony - 24 April 2012: £72,000
Lee - 4 April 2013: £48,000
Tommy & Jen - 26 & 27 Mar 2013 :O - £45,000! :O :O

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 12:06 am    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject: Re: 17/03 Ian

Poor Ian, his game never really got off the ground.

Dogged by bad luck from the opening round, Can't really blame him for dealing when he did, it wasn't as if he missed out on a better offer :lol: Just a shame he had the £20k in his box.

Michael DeVere

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 1:06 am    Author: Michael DeVere    Post subject: Re: 17/03 Ian

The one day my DVD recorder fails to record the show while i'm at work, is the one day that Virgin Media's catch-up service also fails to have the episode available to watch :roll: . I even checked out 40D for the episode and it's not available yet. I did at least manage to catch the end of the game from 9-box on More 4 though.

It doesn't seem like I missed a particularly exciting game though. The part I did see though just felt rather subdued along with the atmosphere in the studio. Ian did manage to deal his largest offer though...well he had 5 chances to! Just a shame that £20,000 was in the box which didn't help the result and atmosphere.

Noel talked about no dealing 6 times (as he has done before) at the end of Ian's game, but look what happened to Colin who no dealt 6 times yesterday.

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 3:33 pm    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: Re: 17/03 Ian

Oh well, I guess you can do quite a bit with almost £5,000.
Congrats to Ian, and enjoy the money.

bb67

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 8:46 pm    Author: bb67    Post subject: Re: 17/03 Ian

£4,999 anyone? :laughing

Another unfortunate game but remember they can't all be good.

Btw H, looking forward to your game mate, kinda funny seeing you there, everyone will call you by your real name and i'll say to myself 'there is H'. :-D Good advice given btw, good on ye.

Tom

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:22 am    Author: Tom    Post subject: Re: 17/03 Ian

It did seem like Ian was resigned to the fact that his game wasnt going well which kind of made the game a bit dreary as such. It would have been good if the £20,000 wasnt in his box, granting him the OPW but hey, thats this game for you.

[ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]