Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:08 am Last visit was: Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:08 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 5:54 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 17/03 Ian

Warnings: 0
Nope, £4,999 yet again! :shock:

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

kestral

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 5:54 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject: Re: 17/03 Ian
Site Owner, Administrator & Global Moderator

The Banker asks if there is anyone who doesn't know what this offer will be :lol:

Banker's offer would've been:

£4,999

killersbee

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 5:54 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 17/03 Ian

No Banker's Gamble this time...

kestral

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 5:55 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject: Re: 17/03 Ian
Site Owner, Administrator & Global Moderator

Noel opens box 22 and reveals £20,000

Box 18 with Newbie Will contains the £500

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 5:55 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 17/03 Ian

Makes sense, I guess...

But he had the £20,000! Gah! Ah well...he'd have always won £4,999 so never mind!

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

killersbee

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 5:55 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 17/03 Ian

...and he blew it! :(

Just at the last minute :(

daniel123

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 5:55 pm    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: 17/03 Ian
Forum Games Moderator

FIVE £4,999s!! Never been done before, has it? I mean, 5 offers of exactly the same?

Like Tom Hanks and his football on that island in 'Cast Away', it looks like it's just me and the bots here now. But that's alright, we're having a grand old time. Aren't we, Wilson? WILSOOOON?!

A few of us who were once part of the furniture, once stalwarts of the grand and extravagant, exuberant and thriving forum, have receded back into the walls, still faintly visible, still here as poignant, reminding relics of an era gone by; but most of us have vanished, forever immersed in the mists of time.

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 6:12 pm    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: Re: 17/03 Ian

What the hell? Those constant £4,999 offers made no sense whatsoever. I'd have dismissed them all and won the £20,000. I found those offers to be both stupid and insulting. Honestly, I think the Banker was on drugs today.

greeny

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 6:18 pm    Author: greeny    Post subject: Re: 17/03 Ian

999 was a reference to him being a member of the police force, and to be quite honest, I think £4,999 was fair when it was offered at all points, the board was never strong enough to have offers of much more, so what you've said is absolutely ridiculous Mark.

maggieq

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 6:18 pm    Author: maggieq    Post subject: Re: 17/03 Ian

:( poor Ian his game never really got going.l think most people would have delt when he did.at least he got some reds to go home with.enjoy the dosh.

collydolly

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 7:58 pm    Author: collydolly    Post subject: Re: 17/03 Ian

Ian was so unlucky. It would take a very brave man to have gone to the end for the £20K.

You have a lovely family Ian :D

James1978

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 8:11 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: 17/03 Ian

I guess you're destined to win a certain amount when you're offered it so many times!

Well the heart was ripped out of that game right in the early stages, to be left with £35k maximum by 11-box is always going to be a struggle to get anything decent out of it. I thought the offer he took wasn't bad for the board, especially as Sarah was only offered £5k with £35k/£20k/3 high blues the other day, so it was highly unlikely the offers would get anything hugely higher than what he took - but shame about the box contents, he'd have to have taken the box to get signifciantly more, and he had perfectly understandable reasons not to want to gamble. Really glad he avoided back-to-back blue wins anyway, that was important.

I thought that was one of the most obvious banker's gambles yet, but I think there were two reasons it wasn't offered, that Ian came across as a cautious player didn't want to take it (similar to Amrik a few weeks ago) and also I think they're trying to move away from it after Alice, which I guess is no bad thing to keep it as an unexpected twist.

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

Brick

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 9:12 pm    Author: Brick    Post subject: Re: 17/03 Ian

At 5-box, £4,999 seemed good for a £20k-high board, I'd probably have dealt then, especially as I'd have expected banker flak with the £35k going in the previous round.

Would've been good to see Ian win the £20k but you'd have had to be in full-on 'chasing the money' mode to have managed that, and we've seen that tactic backfire enough times. So can't blame him for dealing, especially after that start.

Kanga

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 10:14 pm    Author: Kanga    Post subject: Re: 17/03 Ian

Ian seemed disappointed in his game - I liked his reason for dealing at 8 box - quit while the going is good after an all blue round :ponder:

I was expecting green boxes. I dont think there was even a mention of St Patrick's Day although the contestants did have shamrock badges.

KP

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 10:20 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 17/03 Ian
International Forums Moderator

Well that's a clear sign that the Banker's Gamble is back in the cabinet, the proveout double-stick.

A game that would have been almost resemblent of the 2005 CL final had he Wakeyed it (albeit with a merely somewhat average result - as if to reflect the fifth place in the league behind Everton, one could say, and no doubt greeny would say!), but no arguments with £4,999. I don't know how I'd have won £4,999, but I would have done so somewhere along the way - maybe at eight-box, maybe at five.

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

collydolly

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 10:46 pm    Author: collydolly    Post subject: Re: 17/03 Ian

Kanga wrote:
Ian seemed disappointed in his game - I liked his reason for dealing at 8 box - quit while the going is good after an all blue round :ponder:

I was expecting green boxes. I dont think there was even a mention of St Patrick's Day although the contestants did have shamrock badges.

I am sure the boxes were green last year :D

Someone will know, over to you guys :D

greeny

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 11:05 pm    Author: greeny    Post subject: Re: 17/03 Ian

Nope, they were only green for the show in 2006 which fell on St. Patrick's Day.

collydolly

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 11:08 pm    Author: collydolly    Post subject: Re: 17/03 Ian

greeny wrote:
Nope, they were only green for the show in 2006 which fell on St. Patrick's Day.

Thank you for that quick reply, I knew someone would know :D

Power5

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 11:10 pm    Author: Power5    Post subject: Re: 17/03 Ian

I remember that one, "Gentleman" James's game wasn't it, he dealt for about £30,000 I think but had £100k in his box!

Still remember games from that era much better than most of the ones I watched a few days ago...

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 11:21 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 17/03 Ian

It's because they're so memorable!

[ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]