Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:32 pm Last visit was: Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:32 pm

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Simon F

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 1:04 am    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 16/03 Colin

Warnings: 0
Mad Mark wrote:
You know what, I've just realized something - Our H has seen both sides of the game during his tenure on the show. He's witnessed both a £250,000 win and a 1p(athetic) win. I assume that very few contestants have seen both of these things happen during their stay on the show. Interesting little tidbit, I suppose.

The nearest 1p win to Laura's game was 32 games after so I don't think any contestant had seen a 1p and £250k win before today's show.

Horrible luck today but David's comments were spot on. I can see why Colin went on with only 2 blues left but for me the reward wasn't greater than the risk today.

StatsMan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 1:10 am    Author: StatsMan    Post subject: Re: 16/03 Colin

Mad Mark wrote:
You know what, I've just realized something - Our H has seen both sides of the game during his tenure on the show. He's witnessed both a £250,000 win and a 1p(athetic) win. I assume that very few contestants have seen both of these things happen during their stay on the show. Interesting little tidbit, I suppose.

Discounting the obvious other members of the wings this time around, I think the closest to witnessing (or being present for, if people are going to be picky) completely opposite ends of the spectrum last time was Andrew, seeing a 50p win with Dennis and the £250k, in fact he was there for an extraordinary era of crushingly low blue wins and power 5 wins. Unfortunately, his game was the former, leaving with just £10 :cry:

Biggest Pilgrim Game Wins:

Marlene - 21 July 2013: £118,000
Gill - 23 March 2014: £75,000
Tony - 24 April 2012: £72,000
Lee - 4 April 2013: £48,000
Tommy & Jen - 26 & 27 Mar 2013 :O - £45,000! :O :O

Tom

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 11:48 am    Author: Tom    Post subject: Re: 16/03 Colin

That was simply just bad luck. The no deals to both £20,000 offers were reasonable, it's just a shame it didn't go the right way.

So within a week of a £250,000 win, we have the 19th member of the 1p club. Quite a contrast..

rico7

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 2:36 pm    Author: rico7    Post subject: Re: 16/03 Colin

Tom wrote:
That was simply just bad luck. The no deals to both £20,000 offers were reasonable, it's just a shame it didn't go the right way.

So within a week of a £250,000 win, we have the 19th member of the 1p club. Quite a contrast..

It's amazing how many shows have started so well, with a large block of reds v 3 or 4 blues only
to go wrong, and vice versa with some incredible turnarounds, so it really is a case of
"it's not how you start it's how you finish!"

granitecitybino

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 11:16 pm    Author: granitecitybino    Post subject: Re: 16/03 Colin

Anyone else think that game was similar to Kate from last Jan (coincidentally the first 1p winner of 2008) who also had a good board at round about 8 box stage and offers of about £20k only to crash the same way.

Jim

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 12:11 am    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject: Re: 16/03 Colin

StatsMan wrote:
Moxx of Balhoom wrote:
...How many members is that now? Must be getting on for 20

Nearly, 19 now, and spooky (or not) that it should happen on 16/03 (16+3 being 19), and also that there happen to be 19 characters in THE SIXTEENTH OF MARCH, although TWO THOUSAND AND NINE had 18 before Colin came along. Ok, I'll be quiet now.

That is spooky.
:laughing

muvver

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 5:59 pm    Author: muvver    Post subject: Re: 16/03 Colin

hi i would like to put right some of the comments about colins show posted on this site

1.from andrea10163 there was no sob story.

2.from sillymilly on benefits no if you had listened we have rented the house out, a stable life would not help my son. its the rat race and peoples remakes that has made this happen.

3.daniel123 no there is no good bit put away only from our home rent.

you all have only seen the edited game the real game being 1.5 hours, if you had been there you may have understood, it all came over out of contex. I found your coments very hurtful being colins wife.

I can tell you he was not being greedy, we came away well out of pocket, but very rich in the people we met and the new family we now have, it was worth more to us than any amount of money colin could have won. It was not the money, that goes like water, but true friends we made that last for ever, just think on what you write about people without knowing them .thankyou kathy

Nkosi Enkulu

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 6:35 pm    Author: Nkosi Enkulu    Post subject: Re: 16/03 Colin

Quote:
hi i would like to put right some of the comments about colins show posted on this site

1.from andrea10163 there was no sob story.

2.from sillymilly on benefits no if you had listened we have rented the house out, a stable life would not help my son. its the rat race and peoples remakes that has made this happen.

3.daniel123 no there is no good bit put away only from our home rent.

you all have only seen the edited game the real game being 1.5 hours, if you had been there you may have understood, it all came over out of contex. I found your coments very hurtful being colins wife.

I can tell you he was not being greedy, we came away well out of pocket, but very rich in the people we met and the new family we now have, it was worth more to us than any amount of money colin could have won. It was not the money, that goes like water, but true friends we made that last for ever, just think on what you write about people without knowing them .thankyou kathy

Kathy,

please don't take any notice of what people say or write as comment on these pages.
Yes some will be in favour the way Colin played , others will disagree and make comments which can hurt.
It is one of those things which can happen to all of us.
I for one am very pleased that I met and had many a chat with Colin and met and talked with you when you came to Bristol.
Kathy, I can only say ignore the comment a few posters make and remember that all of us (contestants) know you and Colin much better and will stick up for you any time.
Colin and Kathy may I wish you both all the luck and happiness you so richly deserve and all the best for your son.

[ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]