Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:37 am Last visit was: Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:37 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

kestral

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 5:55 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject: Re: 16/03 Colin
Site Owner, Administrator & Global Moderator

Warnings: 0
Colin says

NO DEAL

Skyline

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 5:55 pm    Author: Skyline    Post subject: Re: 16/03 Colin
Forum Games Moderator

It would be great if he had £3,000. ;)

kestral

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 5:55 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject: Re: 16/03 Colin

Noel opens box 8 and reveals 1p :(

Michael DeVere

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 5:55 pm    Author: Michael DeVere    Post subject: Re: 16/03 Colin

So box 8 created a £250k winner last week and this week it's created a 1p member.

Skyline

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 5:56 pm    Author: Skyline    Post subject: Re: 16/03 Colin
Forum Games Moderator

Guess who's going to be fuming. :roll:

killersbee

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 5:56 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 16/03 Colin

That was unlucky!!! :(

Andrea10163

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 5:56 pm    Author: Andrea10163    Post subject: Re: 16/03 Colin

Why did he not get offered the swap????

kestral

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 5:56 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject: Re: 16/03 Colin

Box 4 with Lesley contains the £3,000

Colin becomes the 19th member of the 1p club...

wkd

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 5:57 pm    Author: wkd    Post subject: Re: 16/03 Colin

Skyline wrote:
It would be great if he had £3,000. ;)

Hope so. Horrific collapse other wise.

Wasn't really a bad decision to carry on at 8 box. Board was stable with plenty back up but the worst that can happen is the worst that can happen.

And it just has...

Last edited by wkd on Mon Mar 16, 2009 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

killersbee

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 5:57 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 16/03 Colin

Ugh!

What a travesty, curse the randomising, it can be so retarded at times! :( :evil: :roll:

greeny

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 5:58 pm    Author: greeny    Post subject: Re: 16/03 Colin

Andrea10163 wrote:
Why did he not get offered the swap????

Maybe he didn't want one (and him saying so was edited out).

cfd

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 5:58 pm    Author: cfd    Post subject: Re: 16/03 Colin

He got unlucky from 8 box, but with the £20,000 being offered I don't see how you can turn it down. As David said, the offers are unlikely to go up much, unless he has perfect rounds - and the game will just get more unstable. With the £250,000 on board I'd go on as it makes such a difference to the mean, but without it there the amount of risk just didn't match the expected reward.

daniel123

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 6:12 pm    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: 16/03 Colin
Forum Games Moderator

Andrea10163 wrote:
Does everyone who gets on this programme have a sob story????

Seems like it these days :(

They all go through a rigorous regime of contestant-picking by Endemol, and anyone considered to be even slightly "average" is thrown out at the first hurdle.

Like Tom Hanks and his football on that island in 'Cast Away', it looks like it's just me and the bots here now. But that's alright, we're having a grand old time. Aren't we, Wilson? WILSOOOON?!

A few of us who were once part of the furniture, once stalwarts of the grand and extravagant, exuberant and thriving forum, have receded back into the walls, still faintly visible, still here as poignant, reminding relics of an era gone by; but most of us have vanished, forever immersed in the mists of time.

collydolly

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 6:28 pm    Author: collydolly    Post subject: Re: 16/03 Colin

Oh Colin, what a shame you didn't take the lifeline :cry:

Let's hope you can cash in on your fame of being a 1p winner :D

sillymilly

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 6:29 pm    Author: sillymilly    Post subject: Re: 16/03 Colin

Andrea

You are right, not many 'normal' people on these days.

Although I total sympathise with Colins sons condition, I am not sure how money can help with that??!! Having a more stable lifestyle and NOT traveling around would be more settling I would have thought??

travis P

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 6:29 pm    Author: travis P    Post subject: Re: 16/03 Colin

daniel123 wrote:
Andrea10163 wrote:

They all go through a rigorous regime of contestant-picking by Endemol, and anyone considered to be even slightly "average" is thrown out at the first hurdle.

So you're saying that David isn't average? I'm sure he is but he is on the show for a different reason.

alexandercbrown wrote:
No deal and win 3K. 4K was a huge joke.

More like a punishment than a joke. He did remove £165,000 from that board which left him nothing much stable wise.

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 6:37 pm    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: Re: 16/03 Colin

As soon as Colin first appeared on the show, I had a hunch that he might become a member of the 1p(athetic) club. Don't ask why; I just did. Looks like I was right.

Awful game, awful result. Should have been MUCH better. He should have dealt so he could have something to help with his son's condition, but he didn't, thus resulting in massive failure.

Case closed; please give us a better game tomorrow.

Tom22

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 6:39 pm    Author: Tom22    Post subject: Re: 16/03 Colin

travis P wrote:
So you're saying that David isn't average?

:ponder: Well I'm sure it could be argued either way...

3rd. Toms Shrews III 1221
Top Scorer this week - dondsters 147 Worst scorer this week - Adium United 33
Bottom - Hammond's Heroes 766
(After Gameweek 22)

daniel123

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 6:41 pm    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: 16/03 Colin
Forum Games Moderator

travis P wrote:
daniel123 wrote:
Andrea10163 wrote:

So you're saying that David isn't average? I'm sure he is but he is on the show for a different reason.

I agree that in most respects yes, David probably is average. But then, he does help to run the Number 1 (as in, both first ever and best) DoND fansite and forums - and surely for Endemol, that would give him a head-start already?

(Given that Endemol don't exactly treat people as....equal...as is shown in their selection process).

But anyway, er, welldone Colin. For someone sharing their sob story as much as that, you may even begin to think he deserved his penny. And besides, from what he said about travelling, he must have quite a bit in his account anyway. Either way, welldone on 1p Colin, shame it couldn't have been more.

Like Tom Hanks and his football on that island in 'Cast Away', it looks like it's just me and the bots here now. But that's alright, we're having a grand old time. Aren't we, Wilson? WILSOOOON?!

A few of us who were once part of the furniture, once stalwarts of the grand and extravagant, exuberant and thriving forum, have receded back into the walls, still faintly visible, still here as poignant, reminding relics of an era gone by; but most of us have vanished, forever immersed in the mists of time.

alexandercbrown

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 6:52 pm    Author: alexandercbrown    Post subject: Re: 16/03 Colin

Mad Mark wrote:

Awful game, awful result. Should have been MUCH better. He should have dealt so he could have something to help with his son's condition, but he didn't, thus resulting in massive failure.

How would 20K help? As long as he was prepared for a collapse I don't see what the problem is. The board was fractionally stronger than Johnny's.

[ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]