Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:11 pm Last visit was: Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:11 pm

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

daniel123

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 5:53 pm    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: 10/03 George
Forum Games Moderator

Warnings: 0
Ahhhh. :?

A few of us who were once part of the furniture, once stalwarts of the grand and extravagant, exuberant and thriving forum...have receded back into the walls, still faintly visible, still here as poignant, reminding relics of an era gone by; but most of us have vanished, forever immersed in the mists of time.

Profile E-mail  

Simon F

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 5:53 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 10/03 George

With the 1p still in play, I'd take the average now.

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 5:54 pm    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: Re: 10/03 George

He BETTER not win 1p...

KP

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 5:54 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 10/03 George
International Forums Moderator

Well there wasn't much anyone could have done with that game with those offers, save for maybe winning £210 if they stuck to the mathematical game at any stake level like I would have done. How many back-to-back blue wins have we had?

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

Last edited by KP on Tue Mar 10, 2009 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kestral

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 5:54 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject: Re: 10/03 George
Site Owner, Administrator & Global Moderator

The Banker will allow the SWAP as the 1p is still in play, and George says this is the only decision he has had to make so far!

Profile E-mail  

kestral

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 5:54 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject: Re: 10/03 George

George says

NO DEAL

Profile E-mail  

kestral

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 5:55 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject: Re: 10/03 George

Noel asks SWAP or NO SWAP

George says

SWAP

Profile E-mail  

Simon F

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 5:55 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 10/03 George

KP wrote:
Well there wasn't much anyone could have done with that game with those offers, save for maybe winning £210 if they stuck to the mathematical game at any stake level like I would have done. How many back-to-back blue wins have we had?

This is only the 2nd one in a row.

daniel123

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 5:55 pm    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: 10/03 George
Forum Games Moderator

Oh dear. Swap.

A few of us who were once part of the furniture, once stalwarts of the grand and extravagant, exuberant and thriving forum...have receded back into the walls, still faintly visible, still here as poignant, reminding relics of an era gone by; but most of us have vanished, forever immersed in the mists of time.

Profile E-mail  

kestral

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 5:55 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject: Re: 10/03 George

George now has box 20 which contains the £250

Mavis with box 13 contains the 1p

Profile E-mail  

daniel123

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 5:56 pm    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: 10/03 George
Forum Games Moderator

Oh yes. Swap. £250. Welldone George. :D

Profile E-mail  

KP

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 5:56 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 10/03 George
International Forums Moderator

Well he swapped his way out of the caravan and the £250 club apparently now meets in a tractor. Ooh-arr [/stereotype]

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 5:57 pm    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: Re: 10/03 George

Good swap. Small money, but at least he salvaged something out of this terrible game.

killersbee

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 5:59 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 10/03 George

Good decision to swap and avoiding the 1p club at the last minute by George

But what a horrible game after the 3rd round, the bad luck has returned but for how long this time?

cfd

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 6:00 pm    Author: cfd    Post subject: Re: 10/03 George

Another game where there could really be no other outcome because of the offers given.

Having seen Dan's game I got interested in thinking what I would offer. What would everyone's decisions be to the following offers?:

Offer 1 - Banker: £10,000. Me: £17,500
Offer 2 - Banker: £5,000 . Me: £15,700
Offer 3 - Banker: £2,500. Me: £15,000
Offer 4 - Banker: joke. Me: £575
Trainwreck from here on.

Profile E-mail  

alexandercbrown

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 6:17 pm    Author: alexandercbrown    Post subject: Re: 10/03 George

Well that game fell apart after the 2nd/3rd round and he never had any decisions to make although 10K probably would have been rejected at 11 box anyway.
Just a shame he didn't keep 9 until 5 box/2 box - would have got 2K/4K that way.
Unlucky after the run but I can't see 2 games affecting these players that much

travis P

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 6:28 pm    Author: travis P    Post subject: Re: 10/03 George

DanJudge wrote:
KP wrote:
So, erm, let me see. Noel, as supportive host, says players should ignore a game where a gamble went wrong, and only focus on games where a gamble paid off. The Banker, as a 'villain' character, expresses excitement at players being cautious.

Nothing has changed.

wait on, I think I get it. Correct me if I'm wrong and I hope I'm not stepping out of line, but....... Do you not like Noel, KP?

Why do you think he refuses to watch the show and would rather follow the commentary on here? If you've been reading over the past couple of years, he doesn't like him as a presenter for Deal or No Deal.

h2005

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 6:31 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 10/03 George
Administrator & Global Moderator

Today's episode started about 5 minutes late due to Cheltenham racing, but it finished on time. The total recording lasted 33 minutes according to my DVD recorder (excluding adverts) when normally they last about 36 mins... so I guess 3 mins has been slashed from DOND to allow for Cheltenham overrunning.

George was the first contestant I met when I arrived at the train station in Bristol at the start of my time on the show. He had made his connections to box 13 very clear to me, and he found it slightly spooky that we were both born on the 13th (not the same month though), we were newbies within a few shows of each other, and we even stood next to each other for one show. So for him to have box 13 for his actual show was quite odd.

I don't place significance on numbers, but I can see how people can get a bit attached to them when a number keeps cropping up like that. He'd also said to me that he thought he was going to win a blue, and unfortunately he was proved right. He just scraped entering the 1p club, so it wasn't a total disaster but it certainly wasn't the game I was hoping George would have. :(

Profile E-mail  

DanJudge

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 6:47 pm    Author: DanJudge    Post subject: Re: 10/03 George

travis P wrote:
DanJudge wrote:
KP wrote:
So, erm, let me see. Noel, as supportive host, says players should ignore a game where a gamble went wrong, and only focus on games where a gamble paid off. The Banker, as a 'villain' character, expresses excitement at players being cautious.

Nothing has changed.

wait on, I think I get it. Correct me if I'm wrong and I hope I'm not stepping out of line, but....... Do you not like Noel, KP?

Why do you think he refuses to watch the show and would rather follow the commentary on here? If you've been reading over the past couple of years, he doesn't like him as a presenter for Deal or No Deal.

Yeah, sorry, I was being sarcastic. Could have done with a smiley at the end of the sentence. Sarcasm never comes accross very well in the written word. ;)

Profile E-mail  

angebabe

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 6:51 pm    Author: angebabe    Post subject: Re: 10/03 George

or it just goes over most peoples heads Dan .... i new what you was infering :smt023

Profile E-mail  
 [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]