Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:25 am Last visit was: Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:25 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

kestral

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 6:26 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject: Re: 08/03 Claire
Site Owner, Administrator & Global Moderator

Warnings: 0
Noel swaps box 12 with box 8...

Claire now has box 8 which contains £35,000 :D

Box 12 with Lisa contains the £3,000

NoelsFan

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 6:27 pm    Author: NoelsFan    Post subject: Re: 08/03 Claire

What a game!!!!

granitecitybino

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 6:29 pm    Author: granitecitybino    Post subject: Re: 08/03 Claire

brilliant game and a power 5 banker spanking despite the bankers mind games and these early offers. :D

angebabe

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 6:30 pm    Author: angebabe    Post subject: Re: 08/03 Claire

what a magical ending...Scooby gets all the treatment he needs.....well done Claire :D im so glad you had faith in your lucky box ,it paid off for you.

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 6:30 pm    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: Re: 08/03 Claire

Yes! Another Epic Win! The red streak continues! What an awesome game :D !

Congrats to Claire, and enjoy every penny of that £35,000 :D !

I'd have played the game exactly the same as Claire did, since 8 is close to my lucky number, 7.

MisterAl

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 6:34 pm    Author: MisterAl    Post subject: Re: 08/03 Claire

Mad Mark wrote:
I'd have played the game exactly the same as Claire did, since 8 is close to my lucky number, 7.

So you'd have taken out your lucky number to leave a different number that was merely 'close' to it?

Makes sense.

clareclw1

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 6:36 pm    Author: clareclw1    Post subject: Re: 08/03 Claire

MisterAl wrote:
Mad Mark wrote:

So you'd have taken out your lucky number to leave a different number that was merely 'close' to it?

Makes sense.

haha, this made me laugh!!!

Power5

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 6:37 pm    Author: Power5    Post subject: Re: 08/03 Claire

Great game to equal the red winning streak record! First big play to the end box win for a while, I thought it was a big gamble to turn down the £12k at 5-box but it paid off. And a successful swap as well!

Michael DeVere

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 6:39 pm    Author: Michael DeVere    Post subject: Re: 08/03 Claire

Nice to see the Banker getting spanked after the rubbish offers he made at the start. I was worried the swap wouldn't pay off, but luckily it did.

Plus the red win streak continues for another day.

alexandercbrown

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 6:43 pm    Author: alexandercbrown    Post subject: Re: 08/03 Claire

Wow a power 5 box win through a swap!

Didn't have her down as a wakeyist - didn't become apparent til 2 box when I almost wanted her to deal the 16K but good variety to have another power 5 box win.

rico7

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 6:44 pm    Author: rico7    Post subject: Re: 08/03 Claire

One of the first real gamblers for a long time, really enjoyable game, and the red streak record of 25 equalled! :)

Claire was a great contestant, was really pleased the swap worked out for her, and not much cautious advice
shown from the wings at the end, perhaps edited out...?

Enjoyed the banter between David and Noel, it was classic dry humour before the break! :D

No low offers forcing her on, the way Claire dismissed £10,000 so quickly and set up the very generous offer of £12,000
after her chat with the banker was impressive to say the least. I thought something special was going to happen when we were at the 5 box stage and saw it was only about 5.15 pm.

It was inevitable that Noel would mention something about a legacy of Wakeyism
left as a result of a courageous Power 5 win, he usually says this after these type of shows, but I don't think much will change. I think Dan's legacy will continue for a while , his 3rd round OPW was no less memorable and probably more meaningful imo.

That said it's good to see this type of a show once in while.

Well done Claire, congratulations on £35,000! :D

KP

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 6:47 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 08/03 Claire
International Forums Moderator

Erm, yeah.

She may well have had intentions of dismissing the offers with unhealthy contempt, but the opening clearly incited her to do it. The two-box No Deal was demonstrably misguided (yes, the backup matched her vet fees, but take that out of the equation and you have £13k on a £0/£32k final two!) but the variety it provided from a string of solid unspectacular Deals was welcome.

Can't help but think she got it into her head that she couldn't lose, though. I anticipate some very aggressive play from now until the next blue win...

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 6:56 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 08/03 Claire

Well then it really is all eyes on tomorrow's game - can we set a new record for consecutive red wins?

That was incredible to watch; where they hell that came from I'll never know!

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

Power5

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 7:01 pm    Author: Power5    Post subject: Re: 08/03 Claire

KP wrote:
The two-box No Deal was demonstrably misguided (yes, the backup matched her vet fees, but take that out of the equation and you have £13k on a £0/£32k final two!)

But the backup is important. If you are guaranteed to take home something meaningful anyway it's a big incentive to go for it. I'd have gone for it on that one, but certainly not on the hypothetical example you quote between nothing and £32k if that were possible.

I think £3,000 is probably the lowest box amount I'd ever consider as a meaningful backup in that situation though, and it wouldn't be if the stakes were much higher than £16k.

clareclw1

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 7:21 pm    Author: clareclw1    Post subject: Re: 08/03 Claire

well it was a bit of a mixed game today.
the banker started off with a set of very low offersl I dont know where the £1000 first offer came from and what it was meant to achieve, apart from setting up some more low offers as the game went on. i do think that this may have set claire up with the attitude that she was going to get some money out of him and she certainly did, in style! well done girl!! hope scooby is better now!

i have to say it was a very good game for David today!! loads of airtime which was lovely!

i know david through dond of course, and only came onto this forum through being on the show, but im interested to hear what you exisiting forum members think about how great it is that a forum member has got on the show, especially as it has had a few mentions from Noel! You must feel quite proud that a member has got on??

I really think he's doing a great job on there and today's comment about how taking out blues being the whole point of the show was a classic! nice one david! i think noel likes you! :-D :smt023

RuthyB

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 8:18 pm    Author: RuthyB    Post subject: Re: 08/03 Claire

Well Done Claire!!

My game was on the 8th March last year and I had number 8... I only wish I'd been as brave as you as it was my lucky number too!

Enjoy the money! I hope Scooby is better!

Ruthy :D

PS In response to Clare's question, I think it's great David has got on the show and I can't wait to see his game... it's also nice to see him smiling in your picture!! ;)

MisterAl

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 8:20 pm    Author: MisterAl    Post subject: Re: 08/03 Claire

clareclw1 wrote:
i know david through dond of course, and only came onto this forum through being on the show, but im interested to hear what you exisiting forum members think about how great it is that a forum member has got on the show, especially as it has had a few mentions from Noel! You must feel quite proud that a member has got on??

I think that it couldn't have happened to a better guy, and I'm really looking forward to seeing his game on TV!

clareclw1

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 8:20 pm    Author: clareclw1    Post subject: Re: 08/03 Claire

yes, we were at Paddington Station there, waiting for my train!
Thanks Ruthy! xx :-D

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 8:27 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 08/03 Claire

RuthyB wrote:
Well Done Claire!!

My game was on the 8th March last year and I had number 8... I only wish I'd been as brave as you as it was my lucky number too!

Enjoy the money! I hope Scooby is better!

Ruthy :D

PS In response to Clare's question, I think it's great David has got on the show and I can't wait to see his game... it's also nice to see him smiling in your picture!! ;)

Can't believe it's been a whole year since your game already! Nuts!

It's also quite fascinating to see so many past players stop by here to say they've noticed David on the show! Proves he's more well-known than we all thought! :lol:

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

James1978

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 8:48 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: 08/03 Claire

Fantastic stuff today! I did have a slight feeling Claire was in "trying to prove the banker wrong that she wasn't cautious" mode, like Shaz and Sheila were about this time last year, but given her apparent decisiveness, I think it was just a case of the banker misreading her. I never saw her as a big gambler before her show either, so I guess he was justified! I love it when it goes spectacularly wrong for the banker! :)

And also I was pleased there was no indecision about the swap too. 8 often seems to be a good number to swap for, I remember Khanny and £15k James also did good swaps for 8. I think she'd have been less upset if she'd swapped for the £3k rather than not swapped and not had the big money there.

That said, I do get a lot more nervous when the player wants to swap. It always feels like they "lose" the difference between the higher box and the lower box when the swap goes wrong, whereas if they don't swap it just feels like they've lost the difference between the 2-box offer and the lower value box! Even though a red was guaranteed, £3k would still have been very disappointing given the lowest win since Walter was Tom's £8k.

And I'm pleased that we had some variety pay off too, I don;t want every game to be a £10k - £15k deal!

Well done Claire (just thought, she's won about three times what her four namesakes put together won!!) :)

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

[ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]