Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Tue May 17, 2022 10:33 pm Last visit was: Tue May 17, 2022 10:33 pm

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

James1978

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 8:50 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: 08/03 Claire

Warnings: 0
KP wrote:
Erm, yeah.

She may well have had intentions of dismissing the offers with unhealthy contempt, but the opening clearly incited her to do it. The two-box No Deal was demonstrably misguided (yes, the backup matched her vet fees, but take that out of the equation and you have £13k on a £0/£32k final two!) but the variety it provided from a string of solid unspectacular Deals was welcome.

Can't help but think she got it into her head that she couldn't lose, though. I anticipate some very aggressive play from now until the next blue win...

You could say from that that Doug (1)'s final offer was £25k on a £50k/nothing finish! :D

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

cool-luke-18

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 9:41 pm    Author: cool-luke-18    Post subject: Re: 08/03 Claire

I liked that game very much I like it what people go for it and that is exactly what happened. Being on this forum is great it means I can say comments about what I think of the show.

Profile E-mail  

daniel123

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 9:42 pm    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: 08/03 Claire
Forum Games Moderator

Very good game. I was wrong about the red run ending. However it won't be much longer now. Can't be. We won't get to more than 27 red wins in a row, I'm guessing. That's still a hell of a streak though. :)

Dont have much time at the moment, but welldone Claire and enjoy £35,000.

Like Tom Hanks and his football on that island in 'Cast Away', it looks like it's just me and the bots here now. But that's alright, we're having a grand old time. Aren't we, Wilson? WILSOOOOON?!

A few of us who were once part of the furniture, once stalwarts of the grand and extravagant, exuberant and thriving forum...have receded back into the walls, still faintly visible, still here as poignant, reminding relics of an era gone by; but most of us have vanished, forever immersed in the mists of time.

Profile E-mail  

The Cataloguekid

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 9:52 pm    Author: The Cataloguekid    Post subject: Re: 08/03 Claire

What a game well done claire.........

George is my uncle and I work with claires husband Steve.....small world eh.....

Profile E-mail  

nevadajo7

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 10:34 pm    Author: nevadajo7    Post subject: Re: 08/03 Claire

OMG well done that woman
FANTASTIC GAME CLAIRE :-D
you played an absolute bliddy blinder

lately people have amazed me for different [personal] reasons, without going into detal, i've had devastating family news...
so in the last week, i've been blown away by the strength of people in dire circumstances on a day to day basis & i've labelled a few folk in my life as 'my hero' [or should tha be 'as my heroes?' ]

anyway, today claire...
YOU ARE MY HERO
kestral_is_the_best

Profile E-mail  

h2005

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 10:40 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 08/03 Claire
Administrator & Global Moderator

I really enjoyed putting Noel into his place today - haha sorry Noel!

Dirk's box opening was fantastic - what the hell was he doing? What a great bloke he is.

Well done Claire - a big money game out of nowhere!

Profile E-mail  

RuthyB

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 11:00 pm    Author: RuthyB    Post subject: Re: 08/03 Claire

Big-Davey wrote:
RuthyB wrote:
Well Done Claire!!

My game was on the 8th March last year and I had number 8... I only wish I'd been as brave as you as it was my lucky number too!

Enjoy the money! I hope Scooby is better!

Ruthy :D

PS In response to Clare's question, I think it's great David has got on the show and I can't wait to see his game... it's also nice to see him smiling in your picture!! ;)

Can't believe it's been a whole year since your game already! Nuts!

It's also quite fascinating to see so many past players stop by here to say they've noticed David on the show! Proves he's more well-known than we all thought! :lol:

Hi Big Davey

Tell me about it! It's just flown!

I think past players stop by to see how David is getting on as he will probably now know a lot more than he did before not just about the show but the players!!! We're all interested as he has got to be one of DoND's biggest fans and it's through his contribution and dedication that we can all enjoy this website!

Ruthy :D

Profile E-mail  

killersbee

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 11:12 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 08/03 Claire

I missed this game, but wow! :D

At last a power five win to continue the streak, all eyes on tomorrow now and whoever will be playing :)

KP

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 11:15 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 08/03 Claire
International Forums Moderator

James1978 wrote:
You could say from that that Doug (1)'s final offer was £25k on a £50k/nothing finish! :D

And I'd have Dealt it for precisely that reason! :D Although if you're suddenly £50k richer rather than 'merely' £3k richer, you're going to be less risk-averse on additional gains - although I'd argue not to the extent some contestants who have especially good fortune tend to be!

She made her decisions quickly and they worked out great for her!

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

ciderduck

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 11:54 pm    Author: ciderduck    Post subject: Re: 08/03 Claire

Good on you clare, top game. I had expected tears in this game for some reason, but thankfully none. That was a cracker of a show, bit silly to assume anything about the 8th at all, we've seen how it ends sometimes, but there you go. It pays off occasionally! Hope the dog is better, 35k will certainly make paying for his treatment a bit easier!

StatsMan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 12:12 am    Author: StatsMan    Post subject: Re: 08/03 Claire

Noel seemed rather critical over players who revealed too much that they 'needed the money' and making the most of their opportunity in the opening speech, it really was quite an aggressive rant!

...However, he needn't have worried because Claire produced a fantastic game, which I totally wasn't expecting! The offers were awful at the beginning, but the board got stronger in the latter half, if slightly flagged by the pennies lingering (which, as David pointed out to a rather daft Noel, it is the object of the game to hit! :P) The banker had to respect her, and I thought she'd be gone at £12k at 5-box. Indeed, I would. But a great swap to finish, and the red run just goes on and on!

Guess I will have to wait until wednesday now to see if the record is exceeded - not that I won't be watching the show the next few days you understand, I'll just be watching from the studio audience in a series of timewarp games. Quite a few forum members are going this week it seems, should be fun! See you wednesday!

Profile E-mail  

KP

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 12:17 am    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 08/03 Claire
International Forums Moderator

Of course Claire may have been influenced by it - but if she was, then I'm sure she'll be grateful for it, given that her luck was in!

And H's record of having only five-figure reds and blues continues!

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

Simon F

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 1:26 am    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 08/03 Claire

The way she played the game (willing to gamble at the end) meant the 5 box no-deal was justifiable. Personally, I think the 3/2 odds on the gamble at the end wouldn't have been quite enough for me to gamble even with £3k guaranteed but then my no-swap policy would have made caution the right thing to do.

She seemed happy to want to go to the end which negates the normal negative feeling I would have had about the encouragement to gamble from the wings.

In the end, nice to see a none-ridiculous gamble taken to get a power-5 box win.

debs

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:10 am    Author: debs    Post subject: Re: 08/03 Claire

Well Done Claire - nice to see someone who potentially looks like a non-gambler carry on to the end and win a lovely sum of money.

I like to think I'd have carried on at the same stage but I wouldn't have swapped, so would've gone home with £3k.

Went to the Dream Factory for my first ever visit on Thursday 26th March 2009 and it was everything I hoped it would be, and more. What a fantastic experience it was - games recorded were Ella, Milly and Nic.

Silver Ticket holder and desperately hoping for "that special call" from The Team.

Profile E-mail  

Tom

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 9:12 pm    Author: Tom    Post subject: Re: 08/03 Claire

Well that £35,000 win certainly came out of nowhere. That game was brilliant!

I hadn't put Clare down as being a gambler but she proved that she had the confidence/bravery to do so and it paid off massively!

Great game!

[Due to the timing of this comment, I see no point in mentioning the run, due to today's game].

Profile E-mail  

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:43 am    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject: Re: 08/03 Claire

That was a game full of surprises, I didn't really expect Claire to go all the way, but bravo to her for doing it. and of course a box number of Deep Personal Significance paid out for her so i'm very thrilled about that :D

Great game, real feel good ending. You could argue that the constant goading about her not being a gambler forced Claire into doing just that but whatever drove her so far i'm glad it worked out.

Hope Scooby makes a full recovery.

[ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]