Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:57 am Last visit was: Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:57 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Skyline

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 8:23 pm    Author: Skyline    Post subject: Re: 05/03 Patricia
Forum Games Moderator

Warnings: 0
£77,750 killersbee ;-)

daniel123

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 8:43 pm    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: 05/03 Patricia
Forum Games Moderator

kestral wrote:

Banker's offer:

£23,250

Blimey that's low.

Like Tom Hanks and his football on that island in 'Cast Away', it looks like it's just me and the bots here now. But that's alright, we're having a grand old time. Aren't we, Wilson? WILSOOOON?!

A few of us who were once part of the furniture, once stalwarts of the grand and extravagant, exuberant and thriving forum, have receded back into the walls, still faintly visible, still here as poignant, reminding relics of an era gone by; but most of us have vanished, forever immersed in the mists of time.

rico7

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:13 pm    Author: rico7    Post subject: Re: 05/03 Patricia

daniel123 wrote:
kestral wrote:

Banker's offer:

£23,250

Blimey that's low.

There have been lower than that with a 100K/blue finish!

travis P

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:13 pm    Author: travis P    Post subject: Re: 05/03 Patricia

daniel123 wrote:
kestral wrote:

Banker's offer:

£23,250

Blimey that's low.

Be fair, 10p was the opposite amount.

WCF

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:40 pm    Author: WCF    Post subject: Re: 05/03 Patricia

I've gotta say that Patricia's game was emotional and us peeps on the wings were soooo glad that she walked away with a reasonable amount. Patricia is such a genuine and warm, caring person it's unreal. She really opened my eyes to a lot of things in life and I am proud to call her one of my friends.

Patricia you are unique!!! All the very best with love from Wayne, Chris and Little Bill xxx

Tom

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:28 pm    Author: Tom    Post subject: Re: 05/03 Patricia

That was amazing....talk about tense.

I really enjoyed that, Patricia was lovely and such a nice woman. At one point, I thought it was going to be a really unlucky game but thankfully she turned it around. £23,250 is lovely, chunky money and after that insulting 5-box offer, well deserved.

The run continues, with one heck of a game...

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:41 pm    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject: Re: 05/03 Patricia

Well that looked like it was going to be a total trainwreck, Kudos to Patricia for pulling it back and having the nerve to go to two box. Regardless of the prove out I think that dealing was absolutely the right decision given the three sums involved

A brilliant game.

James1978

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 12:04 am    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: 05/03 Patricia

Great game today. Full of tension and drama. Really didn't know what she was going to do at any of the offers, even though she played it exactly how I would. I was glad she got a good 2-box offer having walked the 3 tightropes, she deserved it even though she was obviously in bits and I thought the banker could get really nasty in that scenaio. The mian thing is she survived the derisory 5-box offer - that would have totally sucked if she'd gone home with a blue after that!

Don't really mind about the £100k in the box I'd rather someone deal for an offer in the low 20s when it's 10p if you no-deal and make the wrong choice, rather than a deal lie Richard's on a stellar board!

Well done Patricia and well done for being so great to one of ours! :D

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

StatsMan

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 12:32 am    Author: StatsMan    Post subject: Re: 05/03 Patricia

Great game today for tension and lively banter, even though I thought at the beginning she was revealing a bit too much about her money situation, and that she could be bought cheaply, but she held firm in the face of a rather derisory 5-box offer, and got a deservedly reasonable £20k+ offer at the end for 'walking the tightrope'.

It seems in a lot of games where players obliterate the reds and leave one red remaining, that they tend to have that red in their box, or maybe it's just I notice these occurrences more. I was fearing the red run was over, but thankfully it still continues strong!

Incidentally, and totally irrelevant, at the 3-box stage (having 10p, £500 and £100k), whichever box she took out next would leave the board symmetrical in some way.

Biggest Pilgrim Game Wins:

Marlene - 21 July 2013: £118,000
Gill - 23 March 2014: £75,000
Tony - 24 April 2012: £72,000
Lee - 4 April 2013: £48,000
Tommy & Jen - 26 & 27 Mar 2013 :O - £45,000! :O :O

Simon F

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 1:22 am    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 05/03 Patricia

Brave lady to turn down £6,500 at 8 box and the return of the evil banker with the 5 box offer (I guess a £20k offer ala last Friday would have been a bit optimistic).

mallard2007

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 1:48 am    Author: mallard2007    Post subject: Re: 05/03 Patricia

:D what a fabulous game today and a fab lady! Well done Patricia. :D

tr4962

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 10:27 am    Author: tr4962    Post subject: Re: 05/03 Patricia

Skyline wrote:
£77,750 killersbee ;-)

How about £76,750

killersbee

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 2:24 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 05/03 Patricia

Yep, you got it right :smt023

crazyeddie

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 11:02 pm    Author: crazyeddie    Post subject: Re: 05/03 Patricia
International Forums Moderator

I've been keeping this a secret, but my Dad and I went to see this show (and Johnny's game), the first time we were pilgrims since we started watching. The recording of the show lasted from 1 1/2 to 2 hours, and while the editing of the show makes it look tight, a lot of context and banter was lost at the same time.

The warmup guy (I believe his name's Mark?) told us they were resuming recording after a two-week break, which resumed the day before. The over-reaction to the QM going in Monday's game was probably because the audience hadn't practiced properly, which we did before the show. He does a good job of keeping the energy up, even when we're tired at 10 in the morning. :P

We sat on the left-hand side of the audience (relative to entering the stage), a bit too far to be seen. While a camera-guy did close-ups of us both, this was left on the cutting-room floor, as most of the audience shots in the final show were of Patricia's mum, which is understandable.

Before the game started, Patricia requested that she could change her mind after picking a number, so Noel always had to check with her if he could tell the players to open the box. She seemed to be overwhelmed at the choice of boxes, even though it is no better than random, so opening a single box could take ages.

After opening 5 boxes, the banker rang, and Noel asked her if it was okay to pick-up, in a long discussion. After about 8 rings, the phone stopped! Noel said this could be history in the making, no first offer, and Patricia chose [west-wing-girl-whose-name-I-don't-know], who dawdled about opening the box, asking if it was okay, if it was allowed. Noel found it funny in a slightly-exasperated tone, saying about the banker making no offers and players complaining about opening boxes! The banker rang back, and then the offer was made.

A bit later, Patricia went and chose David's (h2005) box, but she wasn't sure whether to open it or not. This went on for a long time, and Noel taked to David, who said about how he and Patricia knew each other, David making visits to her place, and a reference to eating sausage and chips was made, the sausage bit being especially emphasised by Noel, which David was ribbed for! I recall Lisa finding this really funny, as did the rest of us! :lol:

Patricia eventually switched to another box, which contained a red. I think the all-red round only lasted about 90 seconds on the telly, it was a lot longer.

At 8-box, she declined £6,500, which my Dad and I both felt, with an unstable board, and her nervousness, wasn't the right choice. I didn't know that there had been a long-run of large-win games, so she may have been unduly pressured to continue.

5-box was a critical moment, with the £3,250 offer. It was clear that this was a bad offer, but she didn't know what to do. Noel commented that she didn't seem to be fully there. It's almost as though she was overwhelmed by the experience, and couldn't come to a decision. We all seemed to sense that this was a difficult decision for her, and the players gave her advice, but she remained unsure.

After 15-20 minutes, Noel stepped in, and said she had to make a decision. I was amazed that she declined the offer in the end, even though it was the right decision in risk-reward terms, and this didn't come through at all in the edit.

5 to 2-box was a real rollercoaster, as we were all with her, even though she was struggling with continuing through the heightened emotions. When she made it with the HT still intact, that was a real relief. I think that's partially the reason for the £23,250 offer, which is more than what I was expecting. At this point, she was hyper-ventilating, and Noel and her mum had to calm her down. The banker rang, and asked her if she was okay? And then said, if she died, would he have to pay out the money?! :o ;-)

She also took a while to decide whether to take the offer, she must have been that far gone. Noel asked the audience whether she should deal, and most of us, my Dad and I included, stood up. "90%", said Noel, which was a fair assessment. Of course, we weren't fully sure if she would deal, after all that had happened, but were fully supportive when she did!

After the game, Patricia returned to her normal self, drained from the experience, but happy for the result she produced. She was hugged and chatted with the players for quite a while afterwards, I sensed they were close, and they were a tight group. They seem to really care for each other while they're there, which I felt while walking past them to the exit.

This was a good game, but very long, and we were all stiff from sitting down for so long. But, what seemed as though would be a disastorous game, turned around, and we were happy Patricia won a nice sum of money, even in a very unusual way! Her mum played a pivotal role in the game, though I wonder what would have happened, had she stuck with opening David's box.

I'll post a message about Johnny's game tomorrow.

Simon F

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 11:26 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 05/03 Patricia

Great post crazyeddie. Sometimes I wish Bristol wasn't so far from Leeds.

angebabe

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 12:45 am    Author: angebabe    Post subject: Re: 05/03 Patricia

Crazyeddie Thank you for such a insight into this roller coaster game, heven knows what it what it was like for you there , was bad enough whatching it on telly. I cant wait to nip over and read about Johnny's game now.....thanks again :smt023

[ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]