Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 8:26 am Last visit was: Sat Apr 20, 2024 8:26 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

angebabe

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:53 pm    Author: angebabe    Post subject: Re: 05/03 Patricia

Warnings: 0
now theres a Lady with balls.... i hope she gets it ..

NoelsFan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:53 pm    Author: NoelsFan    Post subject: Re: 05/03 Patricia

WOW!!! What a game!!

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:53 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 05/03 Patricia

I think given David's comments in Patricia's Fan Club, I think it's right to see him saved to the end!

Now £23,250 is a walk-out with pride, regardless of her box contents!

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

KP

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:53 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 05/03 Patricia
International Forums Moderator

Survived.

If we're lucky, this offer will start with a 2...

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

kestral

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:53 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject: Re: 05/03 Patricia
Site Owner, Administrator & Global Moderator

My word says Noel, that was just walking over a tightrope! The Banker says 'What a journey these people come on' as Patricia blows her nose :P

Banker's offer:

£23,250

wkd

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:54 pm    Author: wkd    Post subject: Re: 05/03 Patricia

Yikes! Quite a brave no deal followed by a forced one. Rewarded thus far but will she get a reasonable offer now?

wkd

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:54 pm    Author: wkd    Post subject: Re: 05/03 Patricia

Just about. Expect a deal now.

kestral

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:55 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject: Re: 05/03 Patricia

Stephen says to Patricia that is a big barn door... Patricia says she would like to go for it... Linz reminds Patricia that she always said she would go if the 10p was at the end....

Patricia says

DEAL

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:55 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 05/03 Patricia

The red run continues! :D Well done Patricia!

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

kestral

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:55 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject: Re: 05/03 Patricia

Noel opens box 9 and it contains £100,000

Box 10 with David (H2005) contains the 10p

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:56 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 05/03 Patricia

Oh crap...

KP

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:56 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 05/03 Patricia
International Forums Moderator

It does, she's gone, and Endemol have clearly reasoned that the best way to persuade players to No Deal in the midgame is generosity in the endgame.

The box amount is immaterial for this game but relevant to the next couple because it will now be unfairly mentioned by Noel, potentially swaying a contestant who lacks decisiveness.

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

clareclw1

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:58 pm    Author: clareclw1    Post subject: Re: 05/03 Patricia

well done patricia!!! what a lovely amount of money!!

i think she did really well to get that amount of money out of that game, she had all the luck against her thats for sure.

a very brave a gutsy lady with a lovely personality, a great game, one of the best for a while. well done!!

greeny

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:59 pm    Author: greeny    Post subject: Re: 05/03 Patricia

What a brilliant game, I'm so pleased for Patricia. As it happens, given what was in her box, she hit the worst possible round in the last round, but it didn't matter, and she's continued the red run in spectacular style. Well done Patricia!

collydolly

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 6:40 pm    Author: collydolly    Post subject: Re: 05/03 Patricia

Well done Patricia on a lovely amount of money, some very low offers all through the game but you hung on and your luck changed :D

alexandercbrown

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 6:41 pm    Author: alexandercbrown    Post subject: Re: 05/03 Patricia

KP wrote:
It does, she's gone, and Endemol have clearly reasoned that the best way to persuade players to No Deal in the midgame is generosity in the endgame.

The box amount is immaterial for this game but relevant to the next couple because it will now be unfairly mentioned by Noel, potentially swaying a contestant who lacks decisiveness.

he's just playing it up very gently because we've had a stream of 5 box deals recently, although reasonable ones . This is not March 07. He's just emphasing the possibility of a power 5 box win. The players don't have to listen to him.

Good game today with tension whereas yesterday's was more averagy. The 5 box offer was low but I s ee why endemol made it and the 2 box offer was nearly what I expected.

h2005

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 6:54 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 05/03 Patricia
Administrator & Global Moderator

Patricia is a fantastic lady and was one of my main friends down in Bristol, so it was great to see her win such a large sum of money, especially as it looked like her game was going down the pipes at one point. I ended up eating a "greasy sausage" with her and her mother in her room on one night; and she also gave me various teabags, hot chocolate sachets, soup sachets and various types of fruit to take back to my room. Having said that, Mavis also gave me some soup sachets and loads of bags of crisps. :smt023

Patricia lives near me so we accompanied each other on the train on the way back at the weekends. They were always eventful journeys, partly thanks to the London Underground shutting the Circle line meaning we had to go a really long way around on a hot, cramped underground train - not fun normally, but Patricia and I couldn't stop laughing at the whole situation. :lol:

We were also the Biscuit Criminals - always nicking lots of biscuits from the green room to keep us going during the day. I'm not sure how many we took in the end, but we were allowed to take them, so why not take an excessive amount? :smt023

It was also fantastic to see Dirk make his debut!

Well done Patricia!!!!

Skyline

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 7:06 pm    Author: Skyline    Post subject: Re: 05/03 Patricia
Forum Games Moderator

Well done Patricia! :smt041

rico7

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 7:10 pm    Author: rico7    Post subject: Re: 05/03 Patricia

Patricia was a great contestant, she added a lot to the show, and I was so pleased for her
that the banker forcing her on worked in her favour for her to win a sizeable sum of money! :D

As I suspected, the banker has had enough of these cautious mid-game deals, he obviously doesn't care about
the red win streak breaking the record.
To be honest I thought Patricia would be offered something low at 2 box like 6K or something
to force her to the end, although a lot of people would deal even that on a £100,000/10p finish.

Hopefully that game generated enough excitement for the banker to at least be reasonable in his offers
long enough for the red win streak to pass the 25 mark. But then again ..... :ponder:

killersbee

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 8:15 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 05/03 Patricia

I watched this game, when she declined the 5-box offer, I thought it was gonna be 1p Trevor all over again but luckily she pulled it out and took a good offer :)

The sad thing was that she could've had £67,750 more :(

[ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]