Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:31 am Last visit was: Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:31 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Skyline

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 7:39 pm    Author: Skyline    Post subject: Re: 01/03 Jackie
Forum Games Moderator

Warnings: 0
Wow, this is the first game in a while that had only 2 pages! (Now 3) :o

granitecitybino

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 8:13 pm    Author: granitecitybino    Post subject: Re: 01/03 Jackie

kestral wrote:
Round 4

Jackie thinks about 13 but changes her mind...

20 - £50 Linz

Noel whispers that is 6 blues in a row now...

16 - £250,000 :( Derrick

Jackie picks Cheri with box 10 next, but creeps over to Cheri and whispers 'Boo' to her :P

Noel then calls a break, but Cheri beats him and pulls the seal off the box and nearly opens the box, he manages to stop her and goes to the break..

Anyone know what the reason was for all the whispering, silence and Noel creeping up to Cheri was all about :? :? Also Noel didnt welcome the newbie (Lisa) to the game either as he usually does when she went to open her 1st box.......she seems really nice too with that consoling hug after she revealed a "biggie"

Jim

alexandercbrown

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 8:40 pm    Author: alexandercbrown    Post subject: Re: 01/03 Jackie

average game - the 3rd and 4th offers were poor and the 5th offer was respectable.

travis P

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 9:14 pm    Author: travis P    Post subject: Re: 01/03 Jackie

Skyline wrote:

That's because the Carling Cup was going on and on into extra time and penalties.

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 9:24 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 01/03 Jackie

travis P wrote:
Skyline wrote:

That's because the Carling Cup was going on and on into extra time and penalties.

How did you know? :oops: :-D

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

rico7

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 9:47 pm    Author: rico7    Post subject: Re: 01/03 Jackie

Enjoyable show, Jackie obviously wanted to go on, but after deliberating
over 12.5K for so long, a deal seemed inevitable. At least the run of
healthy red wins continues!

£1 comes to the table for the second time in a row. It has come to the poundtable
comfortably more than any other amount in the history of DOND.
For the current chart see:

http://www.dond.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=6553&p=549653#p549653

James1978

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 9:49 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: 01/03 Jackie

Pam's game got quite a long thread and I missed it becuase I was having kittens watching the Brazilian Grand Prix.

It's the type of game more than anything else I think - today's game was a bit like Peg's after Bunney's I guess! :)

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

StatsMan

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 11:24 pm    Author: StatsMan    Post subject: Re: 01/03 Jackie

Pretty average game today, but a decent win none the less. I probably would've taken £12.5k but not entirely sure, otherwise I'd definitely have taken 6k. The offers seemed to stay fairly static throughout the game, which doesn't always make for an entertaining game, and I suppose it was always going to seem a bit dull after Doreen's game! Good win though, and at least it keeps this red run of wins going strong!

Biggest Pilgrim Game Wins:

Marlene - 21 July 2013: £118,000
Gill - 23 March 2014: £75,000
Tony - 24 April 2012: £72,000
Lee - 4 April 2013: £48,000
Tommy & Jen - 26 & 27 Mar 2013 :O - £45,000! :O :O

cool-luke-18

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 11:44 pm    Author: cool-luke-18    Post subject: Re: 01/03 Jackie

The game was pretty average in my opinion.

KP

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 11:47 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 01/03 Jackie
International Forums Moderator

Bit of a reality check for those who wish for players like Doreen to play every game. A five-figure win for a big TPW is hard to complain about, and I would definitely have done the same as her.

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 11:53 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 01/03 Jackie

Long story short, if the Carling Cup Final hadn't gone to extra time we would have had a lot more people watching this, especially us nerds! :lol:

Though the only decent thing about the match was Ben Foster (not used to saying that btw! :lol: ), I did catch the whole game on +1 and it wasn't a bad game at all! The only thing missing when compared to the rest was simply a bit more interaction with the other players - the highlight of the game was easily Cheri's box opening/interruption! :lol:

And I did notice David looking up all the time; even before reading his anecdote in the Fan Club thread I took a wild guess and suspected rainfall! :lol:

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

granitecitybino

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 11:58 pm    Author: granitecitybino    Post subject: Re: 01/03 Jackie

Big-Davey wrote:

And I did notice David looking up all the time; even before reading his anecdote in the Fan Club thread I took a wild guess and suspected rainfall! :lol:

Pretty apt seeing as this game would have been filmed about the same time as the "flood" game was shown on tv.......November last year

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 12:02 am    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 01/03 Jackie

It was filmed in late November, compared to mid-November for Adam's game...close enough I guess! :P

Simon F

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 12:15 am    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 01/03 Jackie

After Friday's game, this was a return to normality and a player reading the board, taking a good deal and then getting luck at the end.

clareclw1

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 12:26 am    Author: clareclw1    Post subject: Re: 01/03 Jackie

Big-Davey wrote:
It was filmed in late November, compared to mid-November for Adam's game...close enough I guess! :P

the flood was filmed in may but aired in november.

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 12:30 am    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 01/03 Jackie

I think we both meant the date it was shown on telly. :)

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 12:32 am    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject: Re: 01/03 Jackie

granitecitybino wrote:
kestral wrote:
Round 4

Jackie thinks about 13 but changes her mind...

20 - £50 Linz

Noel whispers that is 6 blues in a row now...

16 - £250,000 :( Derrick

Jackie picks Cheri with box 10 next, but creeps over to Cheri and whispers 'Boo' to her :P

Noel then calls a break, but Cheri beats him and pulls the seal off the box and nearly opens the box, he manages to stop her and goes to the break..

Anyone know what the reason was for all the whispering, silence and Noel creeping up to Cheri was all about :? :? Also Noel didnt welcome the newbie (Lisa) to the game either as he usually does when she went to open her 1st box.......she seems really nice too with that consoling hug after she revealed a "biggie"

Jim

I think that was because Jackie had asked for the round to be played out without platitudes/ commentary from Noel so he was pretty much doing the whole thing in mime. It was just coincidence that the newbie got picked in that round

Speaking of the Newbie, might be the haircut but she didn;t half look like Agness Deyn to me.

Good game, a little on the forgettable perhaps but a well timed deal and a satisfying proveout.

Tom

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 4:17 pm    Author: Tom    Post subject: Re: 01/03 Jackie

An alright game with an alright win..simple.

clareclw1

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 6:58 pm    Author: clareclw1    Post subject: Re: 01/03 Jackie

Tom wrote:

Tom, are you the meerkat from comparethemeerkat.com?!!!

sorry, i couldnt resist!...simples!

Tom

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:43 am    Author: Tom    Post subject: Re: 01/03 Jackie

clareclw1 wrote:
Tom wrote:

Tom, are you the meerkat from comparethemeerkat.com?!!!

sorry, i couldnt resist!...simples!

Haha! :lol:

[ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]