Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Mon Jun 27, 2022 2:50 pm Last visit was: Mon Jun 27, 2022 2:50 pm

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 126 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

StatsMan

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:14 am    Author: StatsMan    Post subject: Re: 26/02 Russ

Warnings: 0
Pretty good game today, with a rather bizarre musical interlude, although lucrative in terms of the offer (or so the banker would have us believe). I agree with most and would have taken the £10k, the board was pretty scary at that point, and 60% chance of £2k doesn't appeal to me either.

Maybe the 2-box offer would've been £5k more, but it's quite refreshing to see an underinflated proveout offer for a change. £22k I'd almost certainly carry on, but £27k I'd almost certainly deal. £5k is intriguing backup, a value I'd be happy with in the worst scenario, but not to the extent of turning down a fair offer.

I notice David has been quiet for a few days (or at least edited that way), but I suppose he has been chosen at the end of games lately - I was starting to like his spars with Noel! :P

Profile E-mail  

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:14 am    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject: Re: 26/02 Russ

Another good game, though that was a tough board,

Liked Russ and think that (especially given his luck) that £10k was very respectable and well worth taking. Always disapointing when the proveout doesn't go the player's way but never mind.

DanJudge

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:32 am    Author: DanJudge    Post subject: Re: 26/02 Russ

Quote:
Pretty good game today, with a rather bizarre musical interlude, although lucrative in terms of the offer (or so the banker would have us believe). I agree with most and would have taken the £10k, the board was pretty scary at that point, and 60% chance of £2k doesn't appeal to me either.

It was more like 30% chance of £2k and 30% chance of all blue finish, so it was really really precarious at that stage. I did notice Noel got the maths wrong at the end. Never mind, I know what he was thinking.

He also got it wrong on Nagibs game. Remember when I gave the offer to the exact penny and then the next offer would have been that amount (£30,150.02p I think). He gave his speech saying that the offer would be the average from the round before, but he quoted what the offer would be, he said it wrong and then right at the very end of the game, after everything had been filmed, I grabbed one of the producers to say that he said the wrong figure and as it happened, he got a message in his ear at the same time and did it again with the right figure. You may notice that when he gave the original incorrect figure, I was wording it as he did it, but it went off in a blur at the end a bit and my lips didn't really follow what he was saying. This is because as he said the wrong figure, I started to have a confused look on my face. Clever editing I guess. (^I hope that actually made sense^)

Cant' blame the guy though. he was a legend to me (Sorry KP). I think he's spot on. Great pro and was really kind and down to earth with me off camera*

*not trying to sound like we went out boozing together or anything, but in the ad breaks of my game and after the shows he was really nice!!

Profile E-mail  

mallard2007

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 1:59 am    Author: mallard2007    Post subject: Re: 26/02 Russ

I thought today's show was very amusing. :) well done Russ! :D

Tom

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:53 am    Author: Tom    Post subject: Re: 26/02 Russ

Another great show!

Russ was a really nice bloke and it was good to see him deal not only a nice sum but a good offer for the board at the time. The song bit was quite funny and added a nice little bit of entertainment to an already decent game.

To be honest though, i find it a shame that the biggest payout of the week so far was with the worst show of the week...

Profile E-mail  

ell

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 5:34 pm    Author: ell    Post subject: Re: 26/02 Russ

Brilliant game and he really game across as a really nice guy that would look after others, being a big softie I loved when he went up the stairs at the end to kiss his mum :) xx

[ 126 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]