Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:28 pm Last visit was: Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:28 pm

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Power5

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 7:56 pm    Author: Power5    Post subject: Re: 23/02 Andreas

Warnings: 0
Interesting to see one of the most aggressive bits of Wakeyism we've seen in a while from Noel with his reaction to someone even suggesting the consideration of a second offer deal! He could well be under instruction to make sure that never happens... I guess it would be quite hard to fill the timeslot with a deal that early, but I'd like to see it once just to see the reaction!

James1978

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 8:27 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: 23/02 Andreas

Ha, well said H, at the time I thought you;d made a blunder by not saying a stick but I think the banker will turn out to respect you like he did with Daniel later on! :)

I was far from thrilled with both the £17,500 and the £15,000 to be honest, the latter especially was back to 2008 generosity, and I thought it wouldn't give Andreas much of a challenge. Looking at what I've already said on the what would you would have done thread, I don't half feel an idiot. :)

Really pleased he avoided a trainwreck anyway, the momentum is absolutely still on the player's side, and really glad to see him walk away with a great sum.

And also good that Noel actually said it wasn't a spanking due to him turning down £2,500 more earlier - usually he would say the player had thrashed him whatever if they'd dealt too late but beaten the box (even if it was like £4,444 James with him having turned down £24k earlier :shock: ), but treat it like the biggest disaster ever if they've won a large sum, sold a blue, but could have had a few grand more if they'd gone on one more round (Paul H, March 07 Lisa, etc.....)

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

Rockjack

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 8:38 pm    Author: Rockjack    Post subject: Re: 23/02 Andreas

weird that naqib with like the same 5 box got 26k and andreas got 15k there but i guess Daniel has gone so the offers will be lower..

Loving H on the show, so deserves his place

KP

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 8:54 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 23/02 Andreas
International Forums Moderator

Rockjack: it's not just Daniel, Naqib turned down a quite ridiculously generous eight-box offer earlier!!

James: Very good spot with Noel. He seems to be getting better...

Power5: ...although the Wakeyism hasn't gone... can you imagine Matt's game if he'd Dealt at £35k? That would've been one heck of a rollercoaster proveout, with an OPW or OBW possible right until the bitter end... and as a one-shot at least, probably much more dramatic than the majority of live-play games!

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

StatsMan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:32 pm    Author: StatsMan    Post subject: Re: 23/02 Andreas

The offers were a bit better today, but the banker was to be fair facing more of a gambler in Andreas. When he first stepped out, I had the feeling he would go to the end if he had a moderately strong board, or even a slightly weak one he faced at 5-box.

Getting David (H) to predict the offer at 5-box was a good ploy by the banker, as in Andreas's mind subconsciously he is thinking that a fellow player believes that offer is reasonable, even takeable on that board. Then he has about 3 other wing members strongly urging him to take it. The banker avoided criticism if he'd pitched it low and wakeyist spin if he'd pitched it high by making the player make the offer, which intrinsically made it fair whatever - a great way to suppress the inner gambler!

We'll I'd have taken it as well - and what a dream proveout!

Profile E-mail  

daniel123

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:40 pm    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: 23/02 Andreas
Forum Games Moderator

Skyline wrote:
Almost a banker spank!

Technical banker spank, Skyline.

A few of us who were once part of the furniture, once stalwarts of the grand and extravagant, exuberant and thriving forum...have receded back into the walls, still faintly visible, still here as poignant, reminding relics of an era gone by; but most of us have vanished, forever immersed in the mists of time.

Profile E-mail  

Simon F

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:34 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 23/02 Andreas

Good game today. I was thinking £15k for the final offer too (equivalent to the £50k/blue finish).

I was thinking the same way as KP. The average at 8 box was about £30k so taking out £90k in total in the next round would be acceptable (which more or less happened).

rico7

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:50 pm    Author: rico7    Post subject: Re: 23/02 Andreas

Really good show with excellent contribution from h predicting the banker's offer at 15K and for justifiable reasons that he's outlined. Liked Andreas, it really looked like he was going to go all the way, glad he didn't.

Pre-Dan you would have probably had many more contestants bullishly encouraging him to go all the way. Even Noel conceded at the end the closeness of the contestants in not wanting to see excessive risks taken, although he put a Wakeyist spin on it when he said that he hopes they don't talk someone out of going for the big money! :D As well as that we haven't seen the chicken wings for a while , and it came back with a vengeance today!

I just found an old thread in which even Wakey himself admitted Noel's no deal bias:

http://www.dond.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=6447&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=20

KP

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 11:07 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 23/02 Andreas
International Forums Moderator

What a brilliant discovery!!

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

AndyStav

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 11:10 pm    Author: AndyStav    Post subject: Re: 23/02 Andreas

Hello all!!

Just wanted to say that I was soooooooo nervous watching the show today! I was re living every moment! And I was so going to go all the way!! But the penny was haunting me! I agonised over the deciscion to deal! And it was what my friends were telling me that made me deal. Aby mentioned a holiday that I had booked! And to think of that! (This was edited out) and that was the comment/advice that eventually made me deal. Although when I was saying Deal, I wish I wasnt!! But soo glad I did! I had the BEST experience EVER!!! Love the show and Loved being there!! Made a lot of Great Friends!!

Hope you all enjoyed the show as much as I did!

Thanks

Andy AKA Andreas

Profile E-mail  

granitecitybino

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 11:24 pm    Author: granitecitybino    Post subject: Re: 23/02 Andreas

h2005 wrote:
I hadn't actually thought about a stick at £17,500 at the time, to be honest. But after a round where Andreas hit the 2nd highest value (£75k) and one of the safety nets (£10k), I thought a stick would've been a bit too much to expect. If I had predicted £17,500, I think the banker may well have played games with me and/or Andreas.

I agree if Daniel had still been there and said £17,500, the banker probably would've offered £17,500. But remember this was only my 5th show and the banker didn't really have any reason to respect me at this stage in the same way he respected Daniel.

I think he might have stuck at £17,500 but for the fact that the 1p was still there....and also the £1, so an offer of 50% (or slightly under that) of the mean at 5 box with these 2 still there was a well placed offer, so well done to David for predicting that (hopefully it will increase the bankers respect for you for when it comes to your time to play....thus better offers ;) )

Also well done to Andreas/Andy for an enjoyable game and a good £15k win. Continues the run of good games we are seeing just now.......long may it continue.

Jim

Profile E-mail  

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:43 am    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject: Re: 23/02 Andreas

Wow, three all blue finishes on the trot, thankfully none of them in live play but we're definately on a roll now.

Another great victory there for Andreas, not a perfect result maybe but the second highest offer, so close. Very satisfying show

CrazyChair

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:13 am    Author: CrazyChair    Post subject: Re: 23/02 Andreas

I missed the first 15 minutes or so of Andreas' game and turned on to find Noel doing chicken impressions. I was so confused! Congratulations to Andreas on the £15,000.

granitecitybino

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:17 am    Author: granitecitybino    Post subject: Re: 23/02 Andreas

CrazyChair wrote:
I missed the first 15 minutes or so of Andreas' game and turned on to find Noel doing chicken impressions. I was so confused! Congratulations to Andreas on the £15,000.

That was due to todays newbie suggesting that Andreas should deal on the 2nd offer.

Jim

Profile E-mail  

Michael DeVere

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:27 am    Author: Michael DeVere    Post subject: Re: 23/02 Andreas

Another good win, and a perfect prove-out.

It was nice to see Noel ask David what he thought the offer would be, and I was thinking along the same lines. I was thinking possibly a stick at £17,500, but due to the £75,000 going I thought the Banker might decide to lower it to around £16,000. It was never going to be £26,000 though.

If Noel asked me to predict an offer (which he won't) i'd be a bit worried on what to say because i'd be unsure on how the Banker would use that information and i'd feel responsible for the player in the chair if the Banker decided to play a joke offer due to something I said.

Profile E-mail  

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 4:26 am    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: Re: 23/02 Andreas

Huzzah! Yet another Epic Win in the books. Great job predicting that offer, H :D ! You're doing great on the show thus far :D !

Congrats to Andreas, and enjoy the money :)

rico7

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:55 pm    Author: rico7    Post subject: Re: 23/02 Andreas

KP wrote:
What a brilliant discovery!!

Thanks KP, it says it really doesn't it! :D

rico7

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:57 pm    Author: rico7    Post subject: Re: 23/02 Andreas

AndyStav wrote:
Hello all!!

Just wanted to say that I was soooooooo nervous watching the show today! I was re living every moment! And I was so going to go all the way!! But the penny was haunting me! I agonised over the deciscion to deal! And it was what my friends were telling me that made me deal. Aby mentioned a holiday that I had booked! And to think of that! (This was edited out) and that was the comment/advice that eventually made me deal. Although when I was saying Deal, I wish I wasnt!! But soo glad I did! I had the BEST experience EVER!!! Love the show and Loved being there!! Made a lot of Great Friends!!

Hope you all enjoyed the show as much as I did!

Thanks

Andy AKA Andreas

Really enjoyed your show, thanks for posting here, hope you enjoy the money Andreas! :D

Tom

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:35 pm    Author: Tom    Post subject: Re: 23/02 Andreas

Another great game. A great payout for a great player!!

Profile E-mail  
 [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]