Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:22 am Last visit was: Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:22 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 321 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 17  Next

Jimmy

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 5:58 pm    Author: Jimmy    Post subject: Re: 20/02 Daniel
Global Moderator

Warnings: 0
Very interesting game there. Glad to see that he made the right deal at the right time! I really thought he'd made a big mistake there.

killersbee

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 5:59 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 20/02 Daniel

KP wrote:
Daniel, you are a hero to the millions affected by a gambling-induced global recession.

HEAR HEAR! :smt023

angebabe

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 5:59 pm    Author: angebabe    Post subject: Re: 20/02 Daniel

Dan that was well the worth the wait, a crackin game and i hope you all enjoyed the party that night
as much as i have just enjoyed your game.Thank you and 'well done' :lol: :P :D :-) :smt023

KP

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 6:00 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 20/02 Daniel
International Forums Moderator

A game so good, even Wakeysbee has caught the mood.

Game of the year.

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

MisterAl

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 6:00 pm    Author: MisterAl    Post subject: Re: 20/02 Daniel

I loved that!

Anybody notice the credits at the end? "The Bankers -- Themselves"

yellowmagic

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 6:02 pm    Author: yellowmagic    Post subject: Re: 20/02 Daniel

Was I the only one so bored with this game that I switched off and had to check here to see what he won...Found Daniel was a bit of a ****

greeny

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 6:03 pm    Author: greeny    Post subject: Re: 20/02 Daniel

I didn't enjoy the Banker v Daniel offers contest, it wasted a lot of time. I can't fault the deal at all as I'd have done the same thing, and it's nice to have an 11-box deal go right. But that was very very low on entertainment factor IMO, so I didn't enjoy it, but well done Daniel all the same.

KP

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 6:03 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 20/02 Daniel

yellowmagic wrote:
Was I the only one so bored with this game that I switched off and had to check here to see what he won...Found Daniel was a bit of a ****

Yes.

In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

NoelsFan

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 6:05 pm    Author: NoelsFan    Post subject: Re: 20/02 Daniel

KP wrote:
This is the death of Endemol's attempts to manipulate the viewing millions. This is the most important game in DoND history.

I also disagree with that. In a few months time this game will have no affect on the banker's offers and will not affect the play. Games like Laura's 250k win. I know the win wasn't a great win but it was still the first jackpot winner! Also the Nick for the first in a long line of 1p winners.

But back to the game. 1 word: amazing! Just as I hoped and a lot lot more. Well done Dan! Enjoy £16,500 or £8,250 after that debt has been payed off!!! :-D

greeny

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 6:05 pm    Author: greeny    Post subject: Re: 20/02 Daniel

KP wrote:
yellowmagic wrote:

Yes.

Wrong, I didn't enjoy it either, I was bored through it (though I am made up Noel can't say 11-box deals never go right).

yellowmagic

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 6:07 pm    Author: yellowmagic    Post subject: Re: 20/02 Daniel

greeny wrote:
KP wrote:
yellowmagic wrote:

Yes.

Wrong, I didn't enjoy it either, I was bored through it (though I am made up Noel can't say 11-box deals never go right).

Anyone else hate this game?

killersbee

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 6:09 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 20/02 Daniel

Well that's confusing, looking at those posts, I don't know what to say :?

kestral

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 6:09 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject: Re: 20/02 Daniel
Site Owner, Administrator & Global Moderator

I've received the following from Dan and he has asked me to post it in his thread as he will be unable to post himself until sometime tomorrow

Quote:
From Dan:

Hope you enjoyed it. I'm sort of glad it is over so I can talk about it a bit more. I wrote this friday morning, so I have a little bit of nerves regarding how it is going to be edited, but I can't remember doing anything too stupid, So I guess it would have turned out alright. Few quick notes, of which I'll expand upon on saturday: -

1 - The millisecond the £16,500 was offered, I knew I was dealing. I remember it being about 75% mean (I remember it being more than 75% but theres less chance to work it out when your in the chair. I think I worked it out to be a very rough £21,200), which ticked box 1 and that it was a PERFECT amount of money for me and the future mrs Spreadsheet boy, which ticked box 2. The bit afterwards was just me giving the show back what they wanted. They were my true opinions and the reasoning behind my decision. so I wasn't lying, but if the cameras weren't there, I'd snapped Noels hand off very quickly!

2 - Contrary to what I said on TV, I didn't really care about the proveout personally. I knew that at the time, the decision 100% perfect. By saying it was perfect, I am not showing off or anything, I just know my finances and plans better than anyone and I've always said that you should never regret any decision that you make if you know the full consequences. I did however genuinely want the game to crash at that point, not to justify it to myself, but just so there could be no negativity or spin taken from it. It was just cleaner to end it with the good proveout, so punching the air was genuine.

3 - Spoke to Noel in the break and asked why the adverts came early. he said that is what happens on early deals and he was genuinely really understanding that I took the money. Not angry that I may have sliced a few viewers of the ad break, but even said that the banker told him it was one of the most generous offers he'd give at third offer. (maybe one of you guys could confirm it).

4 - When I said that my main goal had changed from when I applied to the week approaching my show, I meant it. I genuinely went there with the sole goal to enjoy my show. I'd got so much pleasure from all my friends winning so much cash and from my little moment in the spotlight that it felt a bit greedy to expect a monetary bonus aswell. I'd been convincing myself I would get the penny and was genuinely cool with that if it was going to be the case. The money was an added bonus. My main goal was to have Walters ability to take it on the chin, Sallys genuine understanding about how lucky we were to be part of the show and Julies luck!!! ha ha ha.

5 - I'm debt free! I told Carla that I would spend all the money within a week of getting the cheque (it takes 28 days). I ended up spending up within 2 days of getting it!!! ha ha ha. I actually spent £2k before I got back home. So when I said £16,500 was the perfect amount, I meant it! It literally got every item I really wanted and paid off my debts. When I had spent up, I couldn't hink of anything I actually wanted or needed. It literally was the perfect amount of money to get me and the missus everything we wanted!. So £16,500 is genuinely life changing, we don't have to get into power 5 territory for that.

Thats all I can think about now, but I just want to re-iterate that anyone can post what they want on this page for me. I have no regrets and don't want any views censored. I'll answer any questions and I hoped you enjoyed the show!

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 6:11 pm    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: Re: 20/02 Daniel

Congrats to Dan on a game well played! That deal might have come from nowhere, but it turned out to be a fantastic one. Enjoy the money, Dan :D !

Box 23 says

|EPIC WIN!|
[23]

and also

HALL OF
FAME

[23]

Last edited by Dr. Hindsight on Fri Feb 20, 2009 6:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.

killersbee

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 6:15 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 20/02 Daniel

Totally agree with those! 8)

Last edited by killersbee on Fri Feb 20, 2009 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 6:15 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 20/02 Daniel

There's nothing you can fault with that game! Simple as.

For me personally, I'd have dealt for the same reasons bar the debt and finances...I'd have just simply wanted to prove that it's not just "Power Five" territory wins that are life-changing (£16,500 would do so much for me!) and to not let ANYONE shoot down my idea of a perfect game...so the perfect proveout was paramount to everybody enjoying the win as much as I would surely have!

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

Last edited by Big-Davey on Fri Feb 20, 2009 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

NoelsFan

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 6:15 pm    Author: NoelsFan    Post subject: Re: 20/02 Daniel

Very intresting post there by kestral/Dan! Can't wait to see what he says!

KP

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 6:16 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 20/02 Daniel

Dan, in summary wrote:
1. I had to provide the impression I was a Wakeyist to placate the cameras.
2. I had to provide the impression I felt anxiety over my 'unacceptably' early Deal to placate the cameras, and knew that if there was a higher proveout offer Endemol would edit the **** out of it to endorse gambling. That was what I was celebrating when the OPW was confirmed.
3. Noel is putting on an act, and if he had any courage of his own he would tell Endemol to allow him to be genuine in hosting the show.
4. I derived utility from my 27-show wing run, and was prepared for any worst-case scenario. Any Deal would be for deeper reasons than 'I don't want to leave with a blue'.
5. £16,500 is life-changing and don't let Endemol tell you otherwise.

I've probably overstated the case somewhat, and/or stated what I'd feel rather than you, although I sense that the two are not far apart!

travis P

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 6:17 pm    Author: travis P    Post subject: Re: 20/02 Daniel

NoelsFan wrote:
KP wrote:
This is the death of Endemol's attempts to manipulate the viewing millions. This is the most important game in DoND history.

I also disagree with that. In a few months time this game will have no affect on the banker's offers and will not affect the play. Games like Laura's 250k win. I know the win wasn't a great win but it was still the first jackpot winner! Also the Nick for the first in a long line of 1p winners.

I wouldn't say a few months, more likely to be within the next few weeks. Once the players have disappeared when Daniel was there, the newbies wouldn't care less now there isn't a person who applies the same logic who is on the show at the moment. One show doesn't effect the whole thing if somebody applies cynicism being the death to manipulate the viewers, a consective show trend is needed to justisfy this. I think the regular viewer will forget today's show on the basis how much was won and the personality since it churns out 24+ shows a month.

Still, good performance Daniel. Nice to see someone apply the Banker/contestant role.

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 6:27 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 20/02 Daniel

And with Kes being online (and therefore on normal terms at least semi-available to do a show commentary) just proves one thing..which I hope he at least confirms for my pride sake :P ...he'd have failed to provide HALF as an adequate commentary to today's show! :smt047

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

[ 321 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 17  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]