Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:21 am Last visit was: Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:21 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 321 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:48 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 20/02 Daniel

Warnings: 0
Sean Bean played 006, yep!

And Terminator 2 was an 18-rated movie back then, yes?

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

DanJudge

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:50 pm    Author: DanJudge    Post subject: Re: 20/02 Daniel

sean Bean - 006
Terminator 2, I believe was an 18 at release and was the first one I ever watched when my nan went to sleep! when I was younger.

Is that all of them???

No, theres still 14 - one pound coin. Remember, I could have come to stone/rock with the logic I used....

Power5

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:52 pm    Author: Power5    Post subject: Re: 20/02 Daniel

Was the Budweiser one solved? (Number of bottles of said beer you drank per night in Bristol perhaps?)

clareclw1

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:53 pm    Author: clareclw1    Post subject: Re: 20/02 Daniel

THERES 14 POUNDS IN A STONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-D :smt023

DanJudge

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:55 pm    Author: DanJudge    Post subject: Re: 20/02 Daniel

clareclw1 wrote:
THERES 14 POUNDS IN A STONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-D :smt023

CORRECT!!!!!!! Yay I love this game. I wish I could have guessed!!!!

The 21 referred to the legal drinking age in USA, thats why it was specifically Bud, an American beer.

Power5

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:56 pm    Author: Power5    Post subject: Re: 20/02 Daniel

Still prefer my version, I've read a fair bit about the drinking exploits of DONDers on here over the years... :lol:

clareclw1

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 1:00 pm    Author: clareclw1    Post subject: Re: 20/02 Daniel

thank you dan!! that was a great game! i loved thinking of them!! as you can see from my use of upper case letters, i was most excited by realising the £1 one and i wanted to be the first to get it!!!!!!hehe....im not competitive in anyway mind you!!!!!! :-D

got anymore for us dan?!

DanJudge

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 1:02 pm    Author: DanJudge    Post subject: Re: 20/02 Daniel

No, just used it for 1-22. i mentioned some of the numbers and what they meant in my game, but it was cut. Like the fact that Mavis was the Terminator!!!

clareclw1

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 1:04 pm    Author: clareclw1    Post subject: Re: 20/02 Daniel

ah its a shame when fun stuff like that is cut out isnt it?
and yes, i should have remembered the propsal date from your show, shame on me!!! :smt105

oh well, as a legend once said..."good game!! good game!!!!"

DanJudge

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 1:10 pm    Author: DanJudge    Post subject: Re: 20/02 Daniel

clareclw1 wrote:
and yes, i should have remembered the propsal date from your show, shame on me!!! :smt105

as another Legend once said, "Tiddly winky winky winky Tiddly winky woo, I LOVE YOU!"

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 1:10 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 20/02 Daniel

Ahh that was fun! :-D

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

clareclw1

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 1:11 pm    Author: clareclw1    Post subject: Re: 20/02 Daniel

DanJudge wrote:
clareclw1 wrote:

as another Legend once said, "Tiddly winky winky winky Tiddly winky woo, I LOVE YOU!"

hahahha!!!!!!!!!!! the laughter!!!!! :-D

DanJudge

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 1:37 pm    Author: DanJudge    Post subject: Re: 20/02 Daniel

Someone else make their list of 1-22. I'd rather guess those than work, ha ha ha. It's actually a really good memory system and ridiculously easy to use. I still remember my numbers without looking,

LUCY (20) attending to BRAD PITTS(7) injury. SEAN BEAN (6) is dressed up as THE TERMINATOR (18), with the red dot EYE(1) and was playing around like a kid, shooting guns, getting rough etc, Brad Pitt is holding his EYE (again). Lucy is like the mom of these two kids, telling SEAN BEAN off for being naughty and BRAD PITT is having a little tantrum.

SAMANDA (2) making little BREAD (13) slippers for a CAT's (9) FEET (round 1, lowest of the body parts). The cat is hopping around in pain as the bread is still hot due to Samandas dizziness. (Note: - I hate the name Samanda, but it helps in this sense to seek things simple, and one word is beeter than "Sam and Amanda")

PHIL HELLMUTH (11) with a BUD (21) between his KNEES (2nd round), whils screeching through the streets in a FORMULA ONE CAR (22)

MOLLY RINGWALD (16) with a wrestling belt around her WAIST (3rd round), ready to take on a OCTOPUS (8) but in a strange TRIANGULAR (3) Ring.

ME (19) driving my first CAR (17) at night with no lights, so I have a TORCH (12) wedged between by SHOULDER (4th round) and head in a very poor attempt to drive safely.

10,4,14 (although I had to replace this one in my game due to it being my box!)
DUDLEY MOORE(10) has hit hard times. He's in the town Centre, balancing a TABLE (4) on his HEAD (5th Round) to try and get money. An onlooker throws a POUND (14) coin at him and he falls to the ground in a heap.

5-15
Not needed to be remebered as it is the last two boxes and therefore no need for a decision.

The idea is to keep the stories really vivd and a bit abstract, so you remember them better. It really does work and is surprisingly easy.

clareclw1

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 3:14 pm    Author: clareclw1    Post subject: Re: 20/02 Daniel

My system:

I looked at the boxes, thought "aaaaarrrrggggghhhhhh!!!!"...and picked them!! I still have no idea how I got to where I did, and it was just pure chance that I kept box 14 (Jacquie) to the end and she had the £250k!

Before i went on there I thought that a system would only stress me out, and so I went for the random approach. I must admit, when I stood up off the crazy chair to pick my first box, i thought to myself, "Oh s**t! I should have come with a system!" I think it might have cleared my head a little and give me a bit of a plan to follow. Being a teacher, on hindsight, I kind of think it strange I didnt think of it that way before! haha...it could have been a whole different game altogether!!!

I have to say though, as numbers dont mean anything to me so it would have been hard for me to chose a system meaningful enough for me to have faith in it (if that makes sense?) ...thats why I felt safer trusting my own instincts. My brain isnt mathematical in the slightest, and I would never be able to remember a system like yours Dan! As great as it is, and fun!

Simon F

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 3:16 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 20/02 Daniel

I devised a system I'd use if I ever applied to go on the show to remove the worry of not knowing what number to pick next (not that I probably ever will apply) which is a sequence but it's so obscure, I'd want to try and get the banker to work it out.

Andrea10163

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 3:17 pm    Author: Andrea10163    Post subject: Re: 20/02 Daniel

:shock: omg i could never remember all that :smt046

Maybe you can answer this for me though please Dan :)

Does the person who is playing their game that day get to choose their box first before anybody else does? Noel asks you to confirm that you chose your box at random...but surely, unless you get the first pick, it is not random.

If it is not done this way, I would be very grateful if you could inform me of how those choosing of boxes process is actually done and also how the person who is playing that day is chosen. You might want to put this in private....not sure if you are allowed to say or not . cheers :smt023

DanJudge

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 3:45 pm    Author: DanJudge    Post subject: Re: 20/02 Daniel

Andrea10163 wrote:

Does the person who is playing their game that day get to choose their box first before anybody else does? Noel asks you to confirm that you chose your box at random...but surely, unless you get the first pick, it is not random.

If it is not done this way, I would be very grateful if you could inform me of how those choosing of boxes process is actually done and also how the person who is playing that day is chosen. You might want to put this in private....not sure if you are allowed to say or not . cheers :smt023

They come along the wings, before the game and everyone picks balls out of a bag. So it is random. It's random in the sense that you have no choice of picking any particular number and whichever order you get to pick, you have the exact same chance of picking a specified number. I can understand why you may think that this would not be random, because if people pick the balls before you, some of your options ar removed, but think of it this way: -

If you have the first pick, the bag is full of 22 balls. You therefore have an equal 1/22 shot of picking any given ball. On the flip side, if you were last and there is one ball left, you still have a 1/22 shot that any given ball was left in the bag. If 11 people have chosen and there are 11 balls left. the chances you can pick a given number is still 22:1. If you were aiming for number 1, there is a 1/2 chance that the ball is left in the bag and if it is, there is a 1/11 chance of picking the specified ball. to do this, you have to win both arguments, the 1/2 (is the ball left) and the 1/11 (pick the correct ball). Chances of fulfilling both criteria is 1/22.

As long as the people have no way of choosing or increasing their chances of picking a given ball, then you still have the same chance of receiving any ball using this method.

so, yeah, it is totally random, but the selection of contestants is chosen by the producers for many reasons, ususally the amount of shows is in the 17+ range and they like to keep the wings with a good balance of gender, age, race and a nice mix of characters. This means that we can often predict who may be coming next, but it isn't an exact science and we got it wrong plenty of times!! not only do the wings need to be balanced though, the order of contestants also does. So rarely will you see two older contestants play back to back, or 3 males/females, etc.

DanJudge

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 3:45 pm    Author: DanJudge    Post subject: Re: 20/02 Daniel

Simon F wrote:
I devised a system I'd use if I ever applied to go on the show to remove the worry of not knowing what number to pick next (not that I probably ever will apply) which is a sequence but it's so obscure, I'd want to try and get the banker to work it out.

give us an example and I'd love to try and work it out.....

Friday is fun and games day!!!

Andrea10163

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 5:16 pm    Author: Andrea10163    Post subject: Re: 20/02 Daniel

DanJudge wrote:
Andrea10163 wrote:

They come along the wings, before the game and everyone picks balls out of a bag. So it is random. It's random in the sense that you have no choice of picking any particular number and whichever order you get to pick, you have the exact same chance of picking a specified number. I can understand why you may think that this would not be random, because if people pick the balls before you, some of your options ar removed, but think of it this way: -

If you have the first pick, the bag is full of 22 balls. You therefore have an equal 1/22 shot of picking any given ball. On the flip side, if you were last and there is one ball left, you still have a 1/22 shot that any given ball was left in the bag. If 11 people have chosen and there are 11 balls left. the chances you can pick a given number is still 22:1. If you were aiming for number 1, there is a 1/2 chance that the ball is left in the bag and if it is, there is a 1/11 chance of picking the specified ball. to do this, you have to win both arguments, the 1/2 (is the ball left) and the 1/11 (pick the correct ball). Chances of fulfilling both criteria is 1/22.

As long as the people have no way of choosing or increasing their chances of picking a given ball, then you still have the same chance of receiving any ball using this method.

so, yeah, it is totally random, but the selection of contestants is chosen by the producers for many reasons, ususally the amount of shows is in the 17+ range and they like to keep the wings with a good balance of gender, age, race and a nice mix of characters. This means that we can often predict who may be coming next, but it isn't an exact science and we got it wrong plenty of times!! not only do the wings need to be balanced though, the order of contestants also does. So rarely will you see two older contestants play back to back, or 3 males/females, etc.

8) Hahahah blinding me with the science of statistics. I do sort of understand though. Thank you very much for taking the time to explain.

collydolly

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:52 pm    Author: collydolly    Post subject: Re: 20/02 Daniel

DanJudge wrote:
Andrea10163 wrote:

Also Dan, the same balls out of the same bag are used to decide the amounts of money that go into each box ;)

[ 321 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]