Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:06 am Last visit was: Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:06 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 321 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17  Next

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 5:31 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 20/02 Daniel

Warnings: 0
We're back!

Last box before the Banker...Noel reminds us about the extra element...

Box 9 - David - 1p :D :D :D

Banker time...

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

kestral

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 5:31 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject: Re: 20/02 Daniel
Site Owner, Administrator & Global Moderator

H gets the 1p kiss :P

killersbee

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 5:31 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 20/02 Daniel

What a contrast! :D

KP

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 5:31 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 20/02 Daniel
International Forums Moderator

Irony central; H reveals 1p for a player who goes on to become a forum legend.

I still fear that Daniel is the next Howard.

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

angebabe

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 5:31 pm    Author: angebabe    Post subject: Re: 20/02 Daniel

yesssssssssssss its gone :lol: :laughing :D

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 5:33 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 20/02 Daniel

He needed that! :D

£1
£5
£10
£50
£100
£250

£750
£1,000

£5,000

£15,000
£20,000
£35,000

£75,000
£100,000

Good...

The Banker says David needs a congratulations for being one of the very exclusive wing-walkers! :D

He's almost disappointed to see the £250,000 go! :lol:

Dan's offer to the Banker is based on the 1p and £250,000 both being very influential amounts, so it's £4,500 so he doesn't go...it's a NO DEAL!

For Dan...

Banker's offer:

£12,000
:shock: :shock: :shock:

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 5:33 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 20/02 Daniel

Dan says NO DEAL!

killersbee

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 5:34 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 20/02 Daniel

All blue round I hope...

KP

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 5:35 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 20/02 Daniel

Players like Daniel deserve the £250,000 more than most of the players who will ever get a chance of actually winning it, IMO.

I would be more tempted to take this just to prove it can be done, but I do think that on a stable board with near-mean offers likely throughout, I think I'd play on.

In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 5:35 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 20/02 Daniel

An all-male round coming...

Noel brands box 22 the Death Box again as it had the £250,000 yesterday...

Box 22 - Ian - £5,000

Dan picks Russ next who apparently sang "Tiddly Widdly Winky Winky" down at the pub last night! :P :lol: as his mum sang it to him when he was younger... :P

Box 11 - Russ - £750

Box 21 - Tom - £15,000

Time for the Banker...

Last edited by Big-Davey on Fri Feb 20, 2009 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

killersbee

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 5:36 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 20/02 Daniel

What a funny moment with Russ! :lol:

Daniel needs to hit more blues, though

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 5:37 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 20/02 Daniel

The Banker mick-takes Russ' singing... :P

£1
£5
£10
£50
£100
£250

£1,000

£20,000
£35,000

£75,000
£100,000

Dan's offer to the Banker is £10,500 as it is around half the average...the Banker says NO DEAL...

For Dan...

Banker's offer:

£16,500

KP

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 5:38 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 20/02 Daniel

Three from the middle, really - I'd be happy with that round. Four of the top six excluding £250k at 11-box is an average board with good stability. I'm gone at £16,500 though - any No Deals from here besides Take The Box have so little upside potential that any No Deal here with a Deal later would just feel like I obeyed the pressure to go to the Acceptable Deal Point.

Again, thrill of the chase does not carry utility gains for me, whereas illustrating to the wings and the nation that the stigma against third-offer Deals is irrational does carry a utility gain.

Last edited by KP on Fri Feb 20, 2009 5:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.

greeny

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 5:38 pm    Author: greeny    Post subject: Re: 20/02 Daniel

£16,500 is worthy of serious consideration, in fact I'd probably deal here.

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 5:39 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 20/02 Daniel

"Maybe I'm being mean..." Dan says...

...he also says he's considering the offer as it is the first third offer that's worth taking...Noel says it is very rare for third-offer-dealers to get away with it...

...near enough everybody else is telling him to carry on...

...but it's a DEAL!

killersbee

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 5:39 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 20/02 Daniel

What a shocker!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 5:40 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 20/02 Daniel

I would have dealt too for the record...so Dan is DEFINITELY not alone, as many of us would have too!

Noel calls a break...

Mark

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 5:40 pm    Author: Mark    Post subject: Re: 20/02 Daniel

OH dear... the first third deal of the year! Him of all people should know better.

KP

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 5:40 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 20/02 Daniel

FANTASTIC! The statsman avoids the psychological pressure and goes at a high-generosity offer before the Acceptable Deal Point!

If you think about it, if the average game's first three offers are mere scene-setting and the first serious offer is at eight-box, most players make one or two serious No Deals, and Daniel made two... it just so happens that the first serious offer was at 17-box!!

NoelsFan

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 5:41 pm    Author: NoelsFan    Post subject: Re: 20/02 Daniel

I can smell a bankers gamble at some time. Maybe not 2 box though!

[ 321 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]