Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:13 pm Last visit was: Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:13 pm

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 189 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 4:34 pm    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject: Re: 17/02 Nagib

Warnings: 0
So newbie David is one of us is he? Am i the only one who genuinely didn't have a clue? Then again my attention was focused more on Nagib's fan club in the front row if i'm honest - what did Noel call them again? The Jumping Clappers? Lovely girls

Anyway Well done for getting on the show David, i'll look out for you today.

Good show, I liked Nagib, though i worry he perhaps relied too much on the audience to decide for him, luckily they didn;t give him a bum steer (can i say that, guess i'll find out when i post and the swear filter does/doesn;t kick in). Kudos to Daniel for calculating the average to the penny - even at two box i need a calculator to do that :oops: - and bless Doreen for her insightfull analysis of the game. :lol:

cookie_monster

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 4:48 pm    Author: cookie_monster    Post subject: Re: 17/02 Nagib

I saw H stuffing the seal into his pocket. :lol:

Big D

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 7:24 pm    Author: Big D    Post subject: Re: 17/02 Nagib

Can I say something to Claire and Dan? Claire, you don't have to quote me and say anything in defence of him, and Dan, no-one has criticised you, least of all not me. I did qualifiy my earlier post by agreeing that a lot of people want, or even need help, and I'm well aware that Daniel never gave out advice without first being asked. It's the constant asking that's annoying me!!

I think Daniel's been good on the wings, and it certainly has added a new dimension to the banker offers - not my cup of tea, but that's the game for you, it's swings and roundabouts. I'm just finding it really irritating that no-one can get to the end without asking him. To be honest, I admire the way he's dealt with it, I thought there might have been a bit of extra pressure there when people rely on you so much.

It's going to be very interesting to see the first few games after he goes!

DanJudge

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 9:16 pm    Author: DanJudge    Post subject: Re: 17/02 Nagib

Quote:
I thought there might have been a bit of extra pressure there when people rely on you so much.

I'm totally cool with it. I read the board out of habit, work out probability, etc. I don't feel pressure because I rarely say people should do this and that. I give my opinion and although I'm emotionally attached to the game and the player, I don't feel there's any pressure on my shoulders as to whether it works or not. The thing with probability is that it is only probable and thats what allows me to detach my opinions to the eventual outcomes. I let the player make the decisions and I feel guilt free.

I will say that The players ask many many people for advice and the editors have chosen to show me a lot, but not the other guys. If you want to blame anyone for the amount of times people ask my advice, blame the editors. To be honest, although I get a bit of a kick knowing I'm going to be on most of the shows, I kind of want to see some of my other mates getting a bit of the limelight. Jimmy, Clare, Russ, Andreas (and the list goes on) all gave some great advice and they get edited out so much.

Quote:
Dan, no-one has criticised you, least of all not me.

I've never felt like you or anyone has criticized me personally, but I can say again that I have no problems with that even if someone did criticize me. That goes for my game too. I won't be on the forums as the game unfolds (like I usually am!), I'll be elsewhere, but I want all posts to remain, whether they are compliments or criticisms. I have a tough shell and if someone does think I made a bad decision, I'll happily answer it. To be honest, I can handle criticism better than all the compliments, they embarrass me a bit........ but don't stop them, ha ha ha. ;)

Michael DeVere

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 2:06 am    Author: Michael DeVere    Post subject: Re: 17/02 Nagib

I've just read this about Nagib.

Somerset County Gazette wrote:
Joy and sadness for Deal Or No Deal winner from Norton Fitzwarren

A NORTON Fitzwarren man pocketed £26,000 on TV’s Deal or No Deal yesterday – but his epic win was tinged with sadness just days before the show was broadcast.

Nagib Ghafar, 56, a maths teacher at Wiveliscombe’s Kingsmead Community School from 1983-90, promised host Noel Edmonds and the studio audience he would use the winnings to help care for his mother-in-law, Dolly Holdaway.

True to his word, Nagib, who was Dolly’s full time carer, bought a special car so he could take her out on trips shortly after the programme was filmed in November last year.

But Dolly, who suffered from dementia, died on Sunday at the age of 88.

“I bought a seven-seater car and we took her out in it a few times,” Nagib told the County Gazette.

“She died in my arms at home on Sunday – I’d like to thank the carers from Way Ahead for helping her.”

Nagib signed up for the show a year ago and went through a raft of interviews, checks and screen tests to make it to the studio in Bristol, where the filming took six days.

The Egyptian’s win came when he accepted the £26,000 from the mysterious ‘banker’, a lucky move with only £3,000 in his chosen box.

He added: “It was a fantastic experience. The game was very stressful and went so badly in the beginning. I tried prime numbers in the beginning but it was the luck of the draw.

“Noel was friendly and witty and was like a good teacher in the classroom, keeping us all under control.

Nagib says he will use the remaining winnings to take his whole family on holiday to Florida and is now hoping to apply for Channel Four’s Big Brother!
http://www.somersetcountygazette.co.uk/ ... itzwarren/

Just want to say i'm sorry to hear about Nagib's mother-in-law passing away :cry: .

Big D

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:59 am    Author: Big D    Post subject: Re: 17/02 Nagib

mike wrote:
Just want to say i'm sorry to hear about Nagib's mother-in-law passing away :cry: .

Kinda puts it all into perspective, doesn't it? Condolences and best wishes to Nagib.

KP

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 4:17 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 17/02 Nagib
International Forums Moderator

I love how it calls it an 'epic win'!!

Condolences to the family. I still can't understand why Nagib went on at eight-box...

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

Big D

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 6:24 pm    Author: Big D    Post subject: Re: 17/02 Nagib

DanJudge wrote:
I can say again that I have no problems with that even if someone did criticize me. That goes for my game too. I won't be on the forums as the game unfolds (like I usually am!), I'll be elsewhere, but I want all posts to remain, whether they are compliments or criticisms. I have a tough shell and if someone does think I made a bad decision, I'll happily answer it. To be honest, I can handle criticism better than all the compliments, they embarrass me a bit........ but don't stop them, ha ha ha. ;)

That was one of the most refreshing posts I've ever read on here, and thanks for it. One of my pet hates about the forum on the few times I can get to visit and contribute, is the way some contestants over-react to criticism, and then justify it by telling the rest of us that we don't know what it's like cos we haven't experienced it!

There are, of course, some players/ex-players who do rise above that, and for what it's worth, in my opinion you've been one of the best of them.

DanJudge

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:10 pm    Author: DanJudge    Post subject: Re: 17/02 Nagib

Big D wrote:
DanJudge wrote:
I can say again that I have no problems with that even if someone did criticize me. That goes for my game too. I won't be on the forums as the game unfolds (like I usually am!), I'll be elsewhere, but I want all posts to remain, whether they are compliments or criticisms. I have a tough shell and if someone does think I made a bad decision, I'll happily answer it. To be honest, I can handle criticism better than all the compliments, they embarrass me a bit........ but don't stop them, ha ha ha. ;)

That was one of the most refreshing posts I've ever read on here, and thanks for it. One of my pet hates about the forum on the few times I can get to visit and contribute, is the way some contestants over-react to criticism, and then justify it by telling the rest of us that we don't know what it's like cos we haven't experienced it!

There are, of course, some players/ex-players who do rise above that, and for what it's worth, in my opinion you've been one of the best of them.

Thanks Big D. I like to have a debate and if someone thinks I'm talking out of my a.r.s.e, I'd rather have a talk about it. Thats why I like these forums, because people are generally very objective.

[ 189 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]