Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:15 pm Last visit was: Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:15 pm

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 145 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

kestral

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 5:53 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject: Re: 16/02 Carla
Site Owner, Administrator & Global Moderator

Warnings: 0
Provout round

10 - £500 Rich

Noel shouts at someone for clapping!

22 - £1 Daniel

Noel screams at someone again for clapping!!!

1 - £75,000 Julie

Banker time with £50 and £250,000 remaining

KP

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 5:54 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 16/02 Carla
International Forums Moderator

That's the 30% chance I was referring to...

And it all comes down to this. Is £250,000 twice as good as £30,000? For me it is, for many it isn't.

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

kestral

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 5:55 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject: Re: 16/02 Carla

The Banker says he would have had trouble to know what to offer Carla here... He then says he would have to be mathmatical, and Daniel thinks it would be £62,500

Banker's offer would've been:

£65,000

russboys747

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 5:55 pm    Author: russboys747    Post subject: Re: 16/02 Carla

NoelsFan wrote:
On the music just before she said deal was there a note that isn't normally there?

Yes.. it was a B minor. I heard it. I just played it back and compared the note on my synth.

Hey Carla... don't regret it. You did well honey.

Last edited by russboys747 on Mon Feb 16, 2009 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KP

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 5:55 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 16/02 Carla

Oh he closed off that opportunity with a good old-fashioned Wakeyism-inducing proveout offer. Just low enough to be believable, just high enough to be manipulative.

In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

kestral

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 5:55 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject: Re: 16/02 Carla

Carla wouldn't have swapped

Noel opens box 7 and reveals £250,000

Aby with box 14 contains the £50

KP

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 5:55 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 16/02 Carla

A B minor chord, surely? (Although russboy's synth might play chords pressing just one button.)

And it's an anti-Donna - player goes against Wakeyist advice and the jackpot's on the table. How are you gonna spin that one then Noel?

Last edited by KP on Mon Feb 16, 2009 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 5:56 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 16/02 Carla

Bugger...

That was near enough an anti-Donna game :?

But £30,000 is CERTAINLY not to be sniffed at! Well done!

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

NoelsFan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 5:58 pm    Author: NoelsFan    Post subject: Re: 16/02 Carla

russboys747 wrote:
NoelsFan wrote:
On the music just before she said deal was there a note that isn't normally there?

Yes.. it was a B minor. I heard it. I just played it back and compared the note on my synth.

Hey Carla... don't regret it. You did well honey.

Thank you!

russboys747

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 5:58 pm    Author: russboys747    Post subject: Re: 16/02 Carla

You can't retire on £250k. Not in this day and age. In fact it's pushing it to retire on a million these days, and especially at her tender age.

So Carla, just be happy, you're a huge winner - you didn't get a blue, you're not a member of the 1p club, and you are free now to go away and spend it on some important things that mean a lot to you.

Kisses xxxx (Will miss you!)

KP

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 5:58 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 16/02 Carla

Wonder when we'll get a 'born in the 90s' contestant on DoND. That must be the closest yet, if not even that very contestant in theory!

KP

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 5:59 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 16/02 Carla

russboys747 wrote:
You can't retire on £250k. Not in this day and age. In fact it's pushing it to retire on a million these days, and especially at her tender age.

This was Brig's staple argument for Wakeyism at Bother's Bar - that five-figure sums of money don't go very far.

Or something. It was the least-bad argument for Wakeyism I ever heard, but that's not saying much.

Good decisions all round.

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 5:59 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 16/02 Carla

KP wrote:
Wonder when we'll get a 'born in the 90s' contestant on DoND. That must be the closest yet, if not even that very contestant in theory!

Recorded October-November 2008...would have been late 1989 at the very latest...so nearly! :)

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

dreamfactorydiva

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 6:00 pm    Author: dreamfactorydiva    Post subject: Re: 16/02 Carla

KP wrote:

hopefully soon, my application's nearly complete ;)

KP

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 6:00 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 16/02 Carla

But do they quote the players' ages as of transmission day or taping day? :)

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 6:01 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 16/02 Carla

Ahhh! Good point! :)

And here's hoping, Diva! :D

A quick note FAO Dan: That was probably one of your best shows yet! The Banker was hellbent on getting Carla out on the cheap, and you made sure she left with more than what she was "supposed" to...so well done!

Last edited by Big-Davey on Mon Feb 16, 2009 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

travis P

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 6:03 pm    Author: travis P    Post subject: Re: 16/02 Carla

KP wrote:
But do they quote the players' ages as of transmission day or taping day? :)

I'm sure it tends to be the transmission day as the card Noel reads out features the show number and the transmission date.

Last edited by travis P on Mon Feb 16, 2009 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

russboys747

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 6:03 pm    Author: russboys747    Post subject: Re: 16/02 Carla

KP wrote:
A B minor chord, surely? (Although russboy's synth might play chords pressing just one button.)

Lol.

Touché.

However, it was actually a B flat minor single note. It was played over the usual chord (which was in the same key) right at the end of Noel's question.

KP

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 6:07 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 16/02 Carla

Oh, a Bb added to whatever notes were already in the chord. Niice.

Anyway, the game went very well. Top stuff from Dan even if the £250k on the table would've actually meant joke offers were desirable in this case!!!

DanJudge

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 6:13 pm    Author: DanJudge    Post subject: Re: 16/02 Carla

Quote:
A quick note FAO Dan: That was probably one of your best shows yet! The Banker has hellbent on getting Carla out on the cheap, and you made sure she left with more than what she was "supposed" to...so well done!

To be honest (and I think the guys will agree) the advice I gave in that game was very similar to the advice I gave in a lot of games. Thats why I was a little angry at the editing last week, I thought Carlas show was a fairer representation of my views.

Really happy with her massive win and for the record, she didn't dwell on the big amount in her box. When it comes down to it, £30k to a 19 year old is massive!!!! she definitely made the right call and I haven't read all the posts on here, but it seems everyone agrees. Anyone who would want a 19 year old girl to gamble £30k when there is a 30% of total meltdown is crazy.

I can see why some people would take the chance, but not Carla. She played pretty gutsy and surprised a few (not me) but she got out at the right time.

Well done Carla!

[ 145 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]