Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:31 am Last visit was: Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:31 am

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 145 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

KP

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 6:14 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 16/02 Carla
International Forums Moderator

Warnings: 0
Turning £30k into peanuts would have hurt a hell of a lot more. The right decision, then.

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 6:17 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 16/02 Carla

I think I've made my opinions crystal clear in my posts - £25,000 was glorious at 8-box, but with one to open before another offer the argument to carry on was easily in her opinion. The offer dropping to £20,000 was just bullying her into going on, and if her game had collapsed there, it would have been extremely harsh. So another justified decision to play on...and then £30,000 at 5-box was pretty much spot on!

I'd have done the same thing, and had no regrets!

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

Profile E-mail  

Marc EH

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 6:21 pm    Author: Marc EH    Post subject: Re: 16/02 Carla

Shame about the £250,000 but well done Carla on £30,000 as that is a great amount to go home with! :D

Profile E-mail  

yellowzebra8

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 6:22 pm    Author: yellowzebra8    Post subject: Re: 16/02 Carla

kestral wrote:
The Banker says that Carla's boyfriend has inspired him now, and he wants to find someone half his age, and then he talks about Doreen :P

Banker's offer:

£7,500

i luv doreen bless her

Profile E-mail  

MisterAl

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 6:26 pm    Author: MisterAl    Post subject: Re: 16/02 Carla

russboys747 wrote:
However, it was actually a B flat minor single note.

Er, there's no such thing, is there? Or did you mean the minor third note in the key of B flat, the single note that 'defines' the B flat minor triad, and distinguishes it from being a major chord?

I MUST KNOW!

Profile E-mail  

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 6:29 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 16/02 Carla

Sorry to say this, but it's KP you'll want to be asking! ;)

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

Profile E-mail  

alexandercbrown

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 6:45 pm    Author: alexandercbrown    Post subject: Re: 16/02 Carla

she's only 19 then? -yeah seems like a justifiable deal but an unfortunate proveout.

JamesC

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:05 pm    Author: JamesC    Post subject: Re: 16/02 Carla

Loved today's game. Carla was skittish and bubbly and deserved her £30,000. I just had a gut feeling that box 7 would have the quarter mil today for some reason and when she still had it there at 5 box I was willing her to carry on till the end. £30k is great money well deserved tho.

rico7

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:13 pm    Author: rico7    Post subject: Re: 16/02 Carla

Carla showed a lot of energy and enthusiasm and 30K is a great result even with the
proveout not working out. To take out the two big ones wouldn't have been "very unlucky" as only
a 30% chance so dealing was not a bad decision.

Noel gave her a hard time for "not showing more courage", I can well imagine KP's reaction to that!

Once Carla negotiated an offer at 7 box I couldn't see her going all the way unless the offers forced her on,
and £30,000 would even have Wakeyists at least thinking about it.

Dan helped to get the banker to offer more again, his show must be coming soon and it should be an enthralling battle
if the boxes are kind to him.

Here are the ten 2 box scenarios with estimated banker offers which show Carla didn't make a bad decision:

£1 £50 Offer: £20
£1 £500
Offer: £149
£1 £75,000
Offer: £25,000 (or banker's gamble)
£1 £250,000
Offer: £65,000
£50 £500
Offer: £200
£50 £75,000
Offer: £25,000 (or banker's gamble)
£50 £250,000
Offer: £65,000
£500 £75,000
Offer: £30,000 (or banker's gamble)
£500 £250,000
Offer: £70,000
£75,000 £250,000
Offer: £130,000

So 3 trainwreck scenarios, 4 much improved offers, and 3 with no significant change.

Well done Carla on winning £30,000 :D

russboys747

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:35 pm    Author: russboys747    Post subject: Re: 16/02 Carla

MisterAl wrote:
russboys747 wrote:
However, it was actually a B flat minor single note.

Er, there's no such thing, is there? Or did you mean the minor third note in the key of B flat, the single note that 'defines' the B flat minor triad, and distinguishes it from being a major chord?

I MUST KNOW!

Ohhh nothing so grandiose.. It was simply an extra B flat note played over the usual B minor chord. I am not a musician in the classical sense, or even a trained keyboard player - but I am a producer, and do play the guitar. I have no idea (just by listening) how their atmospheric chords are constructed, but it is in B key, and it is a Minor chord progression (possibly a simple triad chord, or possibly with extra keys - but hard to discern seeing as it's quiet and in the background with people talking all over it) rather than Major chord structures.

All I did was compare the notes and hit the one that matched! To be honest, I am even doubting myself now having listened again.. hehehe.

Was a black key at any rate.. lol. ;) :)

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:44 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 16/02 Carla

rico7 wrote:
...Noel gave her a hard time for "not showing more courage", I can well imagine KP's reaction to that!...

So can I! :P

Profile E-mail  

KP

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:12 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 16/02 Carla

:x :x :twisted: :evil: :smt011 :suspect: :( :smt021 :smt013 :smt013 :smt013 :evil: :smt013 :smt013 :angry

There you go. Words are very unnecessary, they can only do harm...

In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

James1978

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:23 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: 16/02 Carla

You are being generous for the £75k/blue sceanrios there rico! :)

Carla seemed really nervous there, especially when she got a board that developed into all-or-peanuts. What I was pleased about was that she didn't just run at the first sign of £20k like everyone in the summer would have, and the deal she did take was actually fair for the board. It would honestly have taken a basicasic to have won the quarter-million today, as even most who risked it at 5-box would have been gone for £65k with only £50 if you lost the gamble. I was actually relieved when she dealt as I think she'd have been in floods if she'd gone on and won a blue. I do hope the offers don't plummet once Daniel has played his game though, players like him seem an endangered species these days. :)

The most recent last 5 I can think of that was similar was Harry just after Xmas and he had the £100k instead of the £75k and was only offered £20k. :shock:

And most of last week's newbies look absolutely nothing like I thought they did, i though George's ginger beared was real (!), and though Alice had long blonde hair when it was actually a wig (at least that will stop her reminding me of Mandy off Hollyoaks!!!), and also I didn't think Patricia really had that big afro!!! :)

And I also love how new Mavis is absolutely nothing like Mavis from last summer - and speaking of that era, Carla's boyfriend (though I found the age gap between them somewhat distrurbing!) was a spitting image of Clayton! :)

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

James1978

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:27 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: 16/02 Carla

Oh and isn't an "anti-Donna" game one where the player takes a partner's Wakeyist advice and gambles and it goes wrong and they win blue?

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

KP

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:29 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 16/02 Carla

Oh that's very true James. But this was another new ironic twist on Donna's game!!

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:36 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 16/02 Carla

Yes - hence why I said almost! :P

Profile E-mail  

killersbee

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:44 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 16/02 Carla

I was watching Carla and her game, gosh she was so pretty and when I heard she was 19, I said KER-CHING!!! :D

It was turning into a great game at one point and at 5-Box, £30,000 was DEAL written all over it and £65,000 was actually spot on for an offer these days (£80,000 would've been the prove out offer if we were in 2006-2007) :?

And sadly, she had the biggie, if only she had stuck to her ambition when she started the game! :( :(

Still, well done Carla on £30,000 :smt023

LizzyLou

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:45 pm    Author: LizzyLou    Post subject: Re: 16/02 Carla

Even though the £250K was in the box, it still felt like a victory, so well done to Carla!
Really enjoyed today's game. 8)

Profile E-mail  

mallard2007

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:45 pm    Author: mallard2007    Post subject: Re: 16/02 Carla

interesting show today, well done Carla on spanking that banker good 'n' proper! :)

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:00 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 16/02 Carla

mallard2007 wrote:
interesting show today, well done Carla on spanking that banker good 'n' proper! :)

Not to sound negative but she didn't though... :? I wish she did anyway! :lol:

Profile E-mail  
 [ 145 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]