Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Thu May 19, 2022 9:27 am Last visit was: Thu May 19, 2022 9:27 am

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 125 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

DanJudge

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 5:52 pm    Author: DanJudge    Post subject: Re: 13/02 Melissa - Love Week Special

Warnings: 0
Quote:
What a gambler!!!! I guess that was a deal for you Dan?

Absolute cast iron, locked in a cell, definite 100% power deal.

Profile E-mail  

kestral

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 5:52 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject: Re: 13/02 Melissa - Love Week Special
Site Owner, Administrator & Global Moderator

The Banker says it was guttsy to turn down the £17,000, and would normally offer around £10,000 here...

Banker's offer:

£21,000

Profile E-mail  

Skyline

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 5:52 pm    Author: Skyline    Post subject: Re: 13/02 Melissa - Love Week Special
Forum Games Moderator

Please £50,000!

Profile E-mail  

greeny

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 5:53 pm    Author: greeny    Post subject: Re: 13/02 Melissa - Love Week Special

£21,000 is a cast-iron deal

Profile E-mail  

NoelsFan

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 5:53 pm    Author: NoelsFan    Post subject: Re: 13/02 Melissa - Love Week Special

DanJudge wrote:
Quote:
What a gambler!!!! I guess that was a deal for you Dan?

Absolute cast iron, locked in a cell, definite 100% power deal.

So you would deal?? :bluelol

Skyline

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 5:54 pm    Author: Skyline    Post subject: Re: 13/02 Melissa - Love Week Special
Forum Games Moderator

I would probably deal here too.

Profile E-mail  

kestral

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 5:54 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject: Re: 13/02 Melissa - Love Week Special

Andreas tells Melissa that the Banker won't offer the SWAP... The Banker calls and says that he guarantees the SWAP.... Alfonso tells her to forget about the swap...

Melissa says

DEAL

Profile E-mail  

Skyline

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 5:55 pm    Author: Skyline    Post subject: Re: 13/02 Melissa - Love Week Special
Forum Games Moderator

Well done Melissa on £21,000!! :D
Let's hope for £750 now.

Profile E-mail  

kestral

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 5:55 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject: Re: 13/02 Melissa - Love Week Special

Noel does the hypothetical SWAP!!

Melissa now has box 13 which contains £750 :D

Box 18 with Hannah contains the £50,000

What a remarkable game says Noel and thanks Melissa for the game as he thinks the show needed that along with Del's game as the last few games had been rather timid, and these show that a little courage can be rewarded...

Profile E-mail  

killersbee

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 5:58 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 13/02 Melissa - Love Week Special

A hypo swap and it pays off! :shock: :D

Well done on £21,000, Melissa

Now here's the true part, Alfonso & Melissa can now share £41,000 together!!! :-D

Best of luck to both of you! :smt023

Last edited by killersbee on Fri Feb 13, 2009 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

NoelsFan

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 5:58 pm    Author: NoelsFan    Post subject: Re: 13/02 Melissa - Love Week Special

This has to be one of the best weeks money wise. If Sunday is another 10k+ win that has to be one of the few weeks with 6, 5 numbered wins?

JamesC

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 5:59 pm    Author: JamesC    Post subject: Re: 13/02 Melissa - Love Week Special

As an avid DOND fan there are many games where if the situation had been like it was today for another more popular player I would have been cheering when they got the best result. I just couldn't get that with Melissa. Didn't like her at all to be honest, or Alfonso at the start of the week. Just thought they seemed very full of themselves. Not been very fussed with Love Week to be honest.

greeny

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 5:59 pm    Author: greeny    Post subject: Re: 13/02 Melissa - Love Week Special

That was an awesome game, I enjoyed every minute of it. Well done Melissa on £21,000, and I hope you and Alfonso have a very happy and romantic Valentine's Day!

Profile E-mail  

EnglishDevil

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 6:09 pm    Author: EnglishDevil    Post subject: Re: 13/02 Melissa - Love Week Special

Melissa's got guts playing like that ... and it paid off. I have to admit I would have gone a lot earlier.

Good use of the necklace too. I think it's taken a few games for the contestants to work out a strategy for using the necklace and also to see that the banker is generous with the offers when it's used in a with risk.

But the best moment of the game was the look on Dan's face when she no dealt at £17k. :lol:

£250k in box 8.

Profile E-mail  

DanJudge

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 6:12 pm    Author: DanJudge    Post subject: Re: 13/02 Melissa - Love Week Special

haven't seen the show yet, but I imagine this would be a great show to watch. the added twist of having an ex dealer in the audience (none of us expected that) and a gutsy player who took it close to the end. I would have dealt sooner, but thats what makes the show great, different characters have different goals and different agendas. We were a great group for realizing what things meant to the player.

When michael took a (fairly low) deal, we were behind him even though most of us would have done the opposite and when Mel was ready to gamble an amazing offer, although many of us would have dealt, we knew her agenda and spurred her on. All the stuff that seems to have been shown on TV was actually true. She was in the same group of 6 newbies as me and was actually on the train down to Bristol from Sheffield. We both knew there was another person coming from that station so I kept my eyes peeled. Anyway, she was sat in the seat behind me. Apparantly, she was talking to someone and kept saying she was going on DOND because she had a feeling I was the other person, hoping that I'd pipe up. She didn't realize that I had my headphones on and didn't hear a thing, ha ha ha.

Anyway, she said from day 1 in the green room when we were watching Tonys game that she would go all the way. I dismissed it, but as time went on I truly believed her. She was here for the big bucks and nothing less. If she had the chance to win the big 1, she would have done!!!! in the break before an offer I asked her (whilst shielding the microphone with my hand) if she still wanted to go all the way and she could be honest if she was having second thoughts. She answered quickly that she wanted to go all the way and I believed her.

As it happens, she didn't quite go through with it. She was definitely tempted though, I can tell you that for a fact. We had to try and bring her down to reality. She was like a dog with a bone. her final decision was either a drop to blue money or a £29k raise. Although not mathmatically true, the drop from here was much more dramatic than the raise to £50k and she did what tony couldn't do, swallow her pride and get out while it was hot.

Hope you enjoyed watching it and on a side note, Mel and Alfonso are still together and headed off to New york together today and will both be attending my wedding reception in April.

Profile E-mail  

killersbee

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 6:16 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 13/02 Melissa - Love Week Special

DanJudge wrote:
haven't seen the show yet, but I imagine this would be a great show to watch. the added twist of having an ex dealer in the audience (none of us expected that) and a gutsy player who took it close to the end. I would have dealt sooner, but thats what makes the show great, different characters have different goals and different agendas. We were a great group for realizing what things meant to the player.

When michael took a (fairly low) deal, we were behind him even though most of us would have done the opposite and when Mel was ready to gamble an amazing offer, although many of us would have dealt, we knew her agenda and spurred her on. All the stuff that seems to have been shown on TV was actually true. She was in the same group of 6 newbies as me and was actually on the train down to Bristol from Sheffield. We both knew there was another person coming from that station so I kept my eyes peeled. Anyway, she was sat in the seat behind me. Apparantly, she was talking to someone and kept saying she was going on DOND because she had a feeling I was the other person, hoping that I'd pipe up. She didn't realize that I had my headphones on and didn't hear a thing, ha ha ha.

Anyway, she said from day 1 in the green room when we were watching Tonys game that she would go all the way. I dismissed it, but as time went on I truly believed her. She was here for the big bucks and nothing less. If she had the chance to win the big 1, she would have done!!!! in the break before an offer I asked her (whilst shielding the microphone with my hand) if she still wanted to go all the way and she could be honest if she was having second thoughts. She answered quickly that she wanted to go all the way and I believed her.

As it happens, she didn't quite go through with it. She was definitely tempted though, I can tell you that for a fact. We had to try and bring her down to reality. She was like a dog with a bone. her final decision was either a drop to blue money or a £29k raise. Although not mathmatically true, the drop from here was much more dramatic than the raise to £50k and she did what tony couldn't do, swallow her pride and get out while it was hot.

Hope you enjoyed watching it and on a side note, Mel and Alfonso are still together and headed off to New york together today and will both be attending my wedding reception in April.

Wow, interesting read I so hope I get on when the deadline passes...

DanJudge

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 6:22 pm    Author: DanJudge    Post subject: Re: 13/02 Melissa - Love Week Special

Quote:
Good use of the necklace too. I think it's taken a few games for the contestants to work out a strategy for using the necklace and also to see that the banker is generous with the offers when it's used in a with risk.

Del and Mels shows were filmed on the day after Alfonso, Clare and Ash' game. So they had an extra night in the pub and a nights sleep to ponder what they would do (lots of conversations on that night). Also, Del and Mel (not to be confused with Des and Mel) were players that came for the big bucks only. It definitely suited how they wanted to play. Alfonso, Ash and Clare were much more defensive players and it wasn't so much that they didn't know how to play them, but they didn't want to go far enough for it to be really useful. We all saw that those players wanted a more humble win and supported them in their earlier safer deals, which came under mounting pressure to no deal from audience reactions and producers.

The necklace suite Del and Mel because they would go to that stage of the game anyway, so it was a bonus. To players who get twitchy beyond 8 box, they will either have to go against their instincts to get far enough for it to be useful or not even get a chance to use it at all.

So whos next for love week and will they top it off with another aggressive player or a safer character????? Answers on a postcard.

Profile E-mail  

DanJudge

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 6:28 pm    Author: DanJudge    Post subject: Re: 13/02 Melissa - Love Week Special

On a side note, everytime I read back my posts, they always seem snappy. It is never intended this way, but due to the fact that I'm not cool enough to use smiley faces and that I write all this whils pretending to work, they may come accross as a bit snappy.

So sorry guys, have some of these: -

:D :x :P :oops: :smt011 :smt009 :smt046 :smt047 :smt105 :Jimmy_is_great :ponder: :roll: 8) ;) :eyes: :unsure sdgthju :laughing

Profile E-mail  

rico7

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 6:28 pm    Author: rico7    Post subject: Re: 13/02 Melissa - Love Week Special

Am watching it on More 4 now don't know what happened, first segment just finished, a good start, hoping it has worked out!

CORRECTION: Not More 4 but Channel 4+1

Last edited by rico7 on Fri Feb 13, 2009 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

greeny

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 6:30 pm    Author: greeny    Post subject: Re: 13/02 Melissa - Love Week Special

DanJudge wrote:
On a side note, everytime I read back my posts, they always seem snappy. It is never intended this way, but due to the fact that I'm not cool enough to use smiley faces and that I write all this whils pretending to work, they may come accross as a bit snappy.

So sorry guys, have some of these: -

:D :x :P :oops: :smt011 :smt009 :smt046 :smt047 :smt105 :Jimmy_is_great :ponder: :roll: 8) ;) :eyes: :unsure sdgthju :laughing

:lol: :lol:

I really enjoy reading your posts and your insights as to what happened at the hotel and the players' motives for their decisions. Obviously, I don't quite understand the mathematical side of things, but I still enjoy reading them, and they are very much valued by the rest of the forum.

Profile E-mail  
 [ 125 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]