Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Thu May 19, 2022 9:42 am Last visit was: Thu May 19, 2022 9:42 am

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

granitecitybino

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 5:54 pm    Author: granitecitybino    Post subject: Re: 12/02 Del

Warnings: 0
Well done Del.......and an extra £6k too thanks to the necklace

Profile E-mail  

kestral

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 5:55 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject: Re: 12/02 Del
Site Owner, Administrator & Global Moderator

Noel tells the Banker to bend over the desk as Del is about to give him a spanking!!

Banker's offer would've been:

£30

Profile E-mail  

kestral

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 5:55 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject: Re: 12/02 Del

Noel opens box 18 and reveals 1p :D

Profile E-mail  

kestral

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 5:56 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject: Re: 12/02 Del

Den with box 19 contains the £750

Noel says that this is one of the biggest victories they have had to date.

Profile E-mail  

granitecitybino

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 5:57 pm    Author: granitecitybino    Post subject: Re: 12/02 Del

When was the last time the 1p came to the table........cant recall it happening recently

Profile E-mail  

wkd

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 5:57 pm    Author: wkd    Post subject: Re: 12/02 Del

Wow! What a deal. What's the most 1p has been sold for?

DanJudge

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 5:59 pm    Author: DanJudge    Post subject: Re: 12/02 Del

It was nice to have a more aggressive player on the necklace. I don't know if they showed much advice from me, but I like being able to give more aggressive advice.

Well Done Del.

top Bloke.

Profile E-mail  

collydolly

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 5:59 pm    Author: collydolly    Post subject: Re: 12/02 Del

Brilliant :D Brilliant :-D Brilliant :laughing

EnglishDevil

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 6:00 pm    Author: EnglishDevil    Post subject: Re: 12/02 Del

Great game today ... played perfectly by Del.

Good to see the necklace used with a positive result. Even though it took out a red. :smt023

£250k in box 8.

Profile E-mail  

granitecitybino

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 6:01 pm    Author: granitecitybino    Post subject: Re: 12/02 Del

DanJudge wrote:
It was nice to have a more aggressive player on the necklace. I don't know if they showed much advice from me, but I like being able to give more aggressive advice.

Well Done Del.

top Bloke.

Hi Dan

The only advice they showed from you was to immediately dismiss the derisory £4k offer at 8 box.....when the mean was close to £40k

Jim

Profile E-mail  

greeny

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 6:02 pm    Author: greeny    Post subject: Re: 12/02 Del

wkd wrote:
Wow! What a deal. What's the most 1p has been sold for?

£33,000 by Julie way back in January 2006

Profile E-mail  

killersbee

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 6:04 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 12/02 Del

Wow!

What a great game, and it's an Epic Win to boot as well :D :D :D

Enjoy £30,000, Del :smt023

KP

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 6:06 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 12/02 Del
International Forums Moderator

That's the way to do it - use the necklace to provide a safe zone in the minefield of round six, then get out. I'd have been tempted to play on at £30,000, but the necklace was critical there - without it we'd have had a spectacular collapse due to hitting the 10% chance of disaster, but instead we got a get-out after the middle value went.

What would the three-box offer have been on blue/blue/£250k eh? £30k also?

For those in the production team who are bullying the players, please note that had Del gone all the way he would have had the distinction of the biggest sum ever turned down en route to the 1p club, and one of the five (?) biggest ever turned down en route to a blue.

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

DanJudge

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 6:16 pm    Author: DanJudge    Post subject: Re: 12/02 Del

Today showed how to get the most value out of the necklace (although at a higher risk part of the game). Ash, Alfonso and Clare were most likely always going to stop at 8 box and certainly wouldn't go past 5 box (unless incredibly stable or forced on by bad offers).

It was a high risk move taking the extra box, but it had a nice reward. The producers should have chosen 6 Dels for love week if they wanted it to get used aggressively for GOOD TV. If the banker/producers are annoyed at it's defensive use, they should have picked more Del-esque players.

Well Done Del.

Profile E-mail  

KP

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 6:25 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 12/02 Del
International Forums Moderator

Of course, I would argue that six identical games of any sort is not good TV, and six identical games where the first 17 boxes are mere scene-setting is even worse TV, and the moral implications of presenting such games is worse yet...

...but I'm a cynic!!

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

rico7

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 6:27 pm    Author: rico7    Post subject: Re: 12/02 Del

Brilliant show today, I liked Del, enjoyed the footie references (even though I'm a Newcastle supporter!) ,
and thought he played it tactically perfectly.

Great advice from Dan telling him not to mull over the 4K offer
at 8 box (which after yesterday I expected would be low), and the right
blend of courage and sense prevailed today.

I'm sure there are Wakeyists out there that would have been enticed by the 1 in 6 chance of £130,000 from
4 box, but selling your box for 3 million times its value fully vindicates his decision to deal.

Well done Del on 30K! :D

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:02 pm    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: Re: 12/02 Del

This is amazing. Earlier, I predicted that no one would win £30,000 or more this week. I said it because I was waiting to be proven wrong. Today, I was proven wrong by someone who executed some magnificent game play. Congrats to Del, and enjoy a well-deserved £30,000 :) . I'd have played it the exact same way as he did. Following Dan's advice pays divedends, and this show is living proof of that.

EnglishDevil

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:17 pm    Author: EnglishDevil    Post subject: Re: 12/02 Del

DanJudge wrote:
The producers should have chosen 6 Dels for love week if they wanted it to get used aggressively for GOOD TV. If the banker/producers are annoyed at it's defensive use, they should have picked more Del-esque players.

But it's a random selection! ;) :lol:

(or so they like us to believe)

£250k in box 8.

Profile E-mail  

DanJudge

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:48 pm    Author: DanJudge    Post subject: Re: 12/02 Del

Quote:
But it's a random selection!

They actually never say it's a random selection, but because of the way they have the names on the board, it suggests it is. I thought it was before they called back and told me that I'd be there between 2 and 3 weeks, which seemed weird, because if it were random, some people would be there for ages and some would go on for 1 show!

Profile E-mail  

EnglishDevil

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:56 pm    Author: EnglishDevil    Post subject: Re: 12/02 Del

DanJudge wrote:
Quote:
But it's a random selection!

They actually never say it's a random selection, but because of the way they have the names on the board, it suggests it is. I thought it was before they called back and told me that I'd be there between 2 and 3 weeks, which seemed weird, because if it were random, some people would be there for ages and some would go on for 1 show!

Did Noel not say out on a show recently that the contestants were chosen entirely at random? In fact I'm sure they made a big point of it at the start of the show.

Or is this another thing that my unfortunate unemployed mind dreams up. :suspect:

It's obviously not random as contestants are only chosen once they have done time in the wings. (has it ever happened where a contestant has been chosen to play after just a few shows?)

£250k in box 8.

Profile E-mail  
 [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]