Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Thu May 19, 2022 9:37 am Last visit was: Thu May 19, 2022 9:37 am

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 257 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 13  Next

killersbee

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:54 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 11/02 Clare-Louise - Love Week Special

Warnings: 0
£95,000?!

YIKES!!! :shock:

greeny

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:54 pm    Author: greeny    Post subject: Re: 11/02 Clare-Louise - Love Week Special

beaker wrote:
Oh dear, Oh dear, Oh dear - Gutless I'm afraid

Completely disagree, she has plenty of guts. She took a sum of money good for her, and that's what it's about for me.

Profile E-mail  

DanJudge

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:55 pm    Author: DanJudge    Post subject: Re: 11/02 Clare-Louise - Love Week Special

Quote:

Gutless? it was on the safe side, but gutless??

Profile E-mail  

Simon F

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:55 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 11/02 Clare-Louise - Love Week Special

So Noel confirms she would have dealt and then goes along with the hypothetical swap anyway.

h2005

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:55 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 11/02 Clare-Louise - Love Week Special
Administrator & Global Moderator

Noel asks her SWAP or NO SWAP

She says NO SWAP

Noel opens box 1 and she has £15,000

Profile E-mail  

h2005

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:56 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 11/02 Clare-Louise - Love Week Special
Administrator & Global Moderator

14 - Jackie - £250,000

Profile E-mail  

wkd

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:56 pm    Author: wkd    Post subject: Re: 11/02 Clare-Louise - Love Week Special

jennyjen wrote:
Why are my posts not being allowed at the moment. Surely we are allowed to have an opinion on here. I have said nothing wrong at all?

What did you say? Can't be any worse than some of the nonsense appearing!

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:57 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 11/02 Clare-Louise - Love Week Special

I don't think it's fair to brand her a nasty person. I'm sorry, especially seeing as the person involved is actually reading this, and has single-handedly been providing most of the fun times on here in the last month!

I'm not happy with some people's opinions in here...I'm off to chill before I say something I regret.

Just take no notice of it, Clare - you played a good game indeed! :)

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

Profile E-mail  

greeny

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:57 pm    Author: greeny    Post subject: Re: 11/02 Clare-Louise - Love Week Special

Highly enjoyable game Clare, and not an unjustifiable deal at all. Ignore those who are calling you gutless, it's them who are gutless, you played a good game, well done.

Profile E-mail  

killersbee

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:57 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 11/02 Clare-Louise - Love Week Special

Well at least she didn't blew it big time but what a painful way to have the prove out rounds :(

Simon F

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:58 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 11/02 Clare-Louise - Love Week Special

Well for the 3rd time this week, the player takes an understandable deal and then has the luck go against them. At least, we aren't having games where people are no dealing in a similar situation and then having trainwrecks.

wkd

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:59 pm    Author: wkd    Post subject: Re: 11/02 Clare-Louise - Love Week Special

greeny wrote:
Highly enjoyable game Clare, and not an unjustifiable deal at all. Ignore those who are calling you gutless, it's them who are gutless, you played a good game, well done.

Indeed. Four blues, four reds. Two huge sums, two derisory sums. A deal for fifteen grand seems reasonable to me.

beaker

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:00 pm    Author: beaker    Post subject: Re: 11/02 Clare-Louise - Love Week Special

greeny wrote:
beaker wrote:

Completely disagree, she has plenty of guts. She took a sum of money good for her, and that's what it's about for me.

As it turned out, she broke even but she could have won a lot more had she had more courage. Isn't that what DOND is supposed to be about - live for the moment?

She had a very good board when she chose to deal and I just felt that she should have gone on - thereby showing a lack of courage - perhaps the use of the word gutless was a little too emotive but she blew £80k - assuming of course she actually would have played the game out in exactly the same way which you can never be 100% certain of

killersbee

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:00 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 11/02 Clare-Louise - Love Week Special

Simon F wrote:
Well for the 3rd time this week, the player takes an understandable deal and then has the luck go against them.

Yeah, I hope this isn't gonna continue all the way through love week :?

greeny

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:01 pm    Author: greeny    Post subject: Re: 11/02 Clare-Louise - Love Week Special

She seemed very nice and friendly to me, not rude in the slightest.

Profile E-mail  

DanJudge

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:01 pm    Author: DanJudge    Post subject: Re: 11/02 Clare-Louise - Love Week Special

Quote:
I don't think it's fair to brand her a nasty person. I'm sorry, especially seeing as the person involved is actually reading this, and has single-handedly been providing most of the fun times on here in the last month!

I'm not happy with some people's opinions in here...I'm off to chill before I say something I regret.

Just take no notice of it, Clare - you played a good game indeed! :)

here! here! and for someone to say that her advice was always to go on has got it all wrong. I know that there were only a few of us that ever tried to give the safe opinion (Me, Jimmy, Barb and clare to name a few). I haven't seen the show yet, but can't imagine how she could come across as rude or impolite. she is the nicest and most popular person on there. No ego or front, just a genuine person.

Profile E-mail  

EnglishDevil

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:02 pm    Author: EnglishDevil    Post subject: Re: 11/02 Clare-Louise - Love Week Special

Very entertaining game today ... but very painful to watch.

Some great banter with the other contestants. Nagib was so funny!

It's a real shame Claire-Louise didn't go away with more money. But I don't blame her for dealing at £15k. I think the necklace really puts doubts in a players mind, and it's definitely something else to worry about during a game.

Btw I dated a teacher from Brynmawr a few years back ... except she never had £15k in the bank. :lol:

£250k in box 8.

Profile E-mail  

angebabe

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:02 pm    Author: angebabe    Post subject: Re: 11/02 Clare-Louise - Love Week Special

if anyone didnt agree with my coment then thats fine , i dont agree with everything everyone says at times.i was surprised tho that clare delt when she did, and as for my comment about shouting from the wings,well she was shown rather alot on my telly shouting'go on-come on' . Again this is just my opinion and im in no way being nasty to you clare, im sorry tho you didnt get what you deserved thats all.

Profile E-mail  

KP

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:02 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 11/02 Clare-Louise - Love Week Special
International Forums Moderator

In a way I'm quite glad the £250,000 stayed as long as it did, or else that alarmingly sharp increase to £24k would have looked a lot more significant in gameplay terms!!

Wouldn't argue with a Deal on regular rules with that board, so it's not much easier to criticise it with these rules. I think I'd have gone on, with a view to triggering a potentially massive five-box offer if the Banker knew I had the necklace still in play, but with a 10.7% chance of never seeing £15k again with that strategy it's an easy strategy to criticise.

Three blatant proveout lies to push the rest of this week's contestants on - I do hope they don't get sucked in.

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

greeny

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:03 pm    Author: greeny    Post subject: Re: 11/02 Clare-Louise - Love Week Special

beaker wrote:
greeny wrote:
beaker wrote:

As it turned out, she broke even but she could have won a lot more had she had more courage. Isn't that what DOND is supposed to be about - live for the moment?

She had a very good board when she chose to deal and I just felt that she should have gone on - thereby showing a lack of courage - perhaps the use of the word gutless was a little too emotive but she blew £80k - assuming of course she actually would have played the game out in exactly the same way which you can never be 100% certain of

Let's put it this way, there have many deals for similar sums of money on better boards where it'd have been a good idea to go on. For me, this was a 50/50 board, it could just as likely swung against her had she gone on than gone in her favour.

Profile E-mail  
 [ 257 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 13  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]