Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Thu May 19, 2022 10:29 am Last visit was: Thu May 19, 2022 10:29 am

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 122 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 6:25 pm    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: Re: 08/02 Amrik

Warnings: 0
killersbee wrote:
£25k, definite Deal for me as well

Took the word right from my mouth, you did.

KP

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 6:25 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 08/02 Amrik
International Forums Moderator

And that's your Banker's Gamble finish, folks.

I'd take this on but couldn't blame anyone for not doing so. It comes down to whether £75k is twice as good as £15k - for me it is, not convinced it is for him.

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

NoelsFan

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 6:25 pm    Author: NoelsFan    Post subject: Re: 08/02 Amrik

Bankers gamble?

h2005

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 6:26 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 08/02 Amrik
Administrator & Global Moderator

The banker has latched on to the fact that Amrik had previously said he "might" take the banker's gamble if it was ever offered.

Banker's offer would've been:

£15,000

Profile E-mail  

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 6:26 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 08/02 Amrik

And Amrik was the only one who said he'd think about taking it! :shock:

Thank god it's not offered!

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

Profile E-mail  

KP

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 6:26 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 08/02 Amrik

The Banker opts to AVOID the Banker's Gamble when he would have used it!

Did Daniel123%ofthemeannodeal sneak into the studio in disguise?!?

In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

h2005

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 6:27 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 08/02 Amrik

The banker wouldn't have offered the banker's gamble as he could sense Amrik's already spending the money!

Noel opens Amrik's box and it has £75,000

Profile E-mail  

Mark

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 6:27 pm    Author: Mark    Post subject: Re: 08/02 Amrik

Argh... another player blew the life changing money.

h2005

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 6:27 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 08/02 Amrik

14 - Andreas - 50p

Profile E-mail  

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 6:27 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 08/02 Amrik

He was never going to get it! I'd be happy with that result personally!

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

Profile E-mail  

Simon F

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 6:27 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 08/02 Amrik

Well that's going to give the conspiracy theorists a field day.

NoelsFan

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 6:28 pm    Author: NoelsFan    Post subject: Re: 08/02 Amrik

Very nice game!!! Had the decent money and some humour!

killersbee

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 6:28 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 08/02 Amrik

Ugh! :(

He could've had it, oh well...

KP

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 6:28 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 08/02 Amrik

Devil's advocate position, which I'm not saying I believe in but am not ruling out.

Can we say that the Banker's Gamble was avoided knowing that £75k was in the box? Unlikely, but possible, as Endemol had just got used to lower offers being Dealt and now Daniel's costing them lots of money!

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 6:28 pm    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: Re: 08/02 Amrik

Sorry, but it's a fail today :( .

Fail today, gone tomorrow.

Skyline

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 6:29 pm    Author: Skyline    Post subject: Re: 08/02 Amrik
Forum Games Moderator

Well done Amrik on £15,000, well played! It's a shame he lost the top 2 early on the game, but he still got a decent amount on it! Oh well, he could have had more, but I'm sure anyone would like £15,000 in thier bank account ! :smt023

Profile E-mail  

KP

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 6:30 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 08/02 Amrik

I'm sure you can agree it wasn't through bad play, just bad luck - £15k was arguable either way as even you admitted, and there was only £10k more in the game for anyone without either Wakeyist or psychic tendencies, barring a Banker's Gamble (and even then few who Dealt £15k would have taken it, and I say that as one of them!).

Last edited by KP on Sun Feb 08, 2009 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 6:30 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 08/02 Amrik

Not a fail...as if he'd have shown more courage, he'd have ended up with the same amount of money offered to him at the end...which he would have definitely taken.

Profile E-mail  

Skyline

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 6:31 pm    Author: Skyline    Post subject: Re: 08/02 Amrik
Forum Games Moderator

Big-Davey wrote:
Not a fail...as if he'd have shown more courage, he'd have ended up with the same amount of money offered to him at the end...which he would have definitely taken.

Much agreed Davey, I don't think he wanted to have 50p

Profile E-mail  

killersbee

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 6:33 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 08/02 Amrik

I can agree on that, Davey

Only the wakeyists would've won £75,000 and I don't see any, thank goodness :D

[ 122 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]