Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Tue May 17, 2022 9:06 pm Last visit was: Tue May 17, 2022 9:06 pm

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 116 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

colliwobs

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 6:36 pm    Author: colliwobs    Post subject: Re: 01/02 Andy

Warnings: 0
I am really pleasedthat he won a nice amount of money

but if we dare not speak "within reason" our minds re tears or whatever we dislike then there is no point in posting on the board
if you appear on TV and then come read to people true opinions thenI am afraid you have to accept what people feel about your game

also remember no one deserves any more than anyone else its a game of chance

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 6:38 pm    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: Re: 01/02 Andy

Decent game, but I'd have been enticed to play on. £6,000 wouldn't have done it for me, so I'd have probably went on to win £15,000 instead.

killersbee

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 6:40 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 01/02 Andy

Agree with Mark on that one

£15,000 is so much better, but then again he could've easily had £500 instead of what he had yesterday

rico7

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 6:41 pm    Author: rico7    Post subject: Re: 01/02 Andy

At 8 box it looked to be heading to a complete trainwreck so £6,000 is not a bad result.

Well done Andy, I think it was a wise deal, especially if you had gone to the end and swapped.

Again good advice from Daniel about the 30% scenario of wiping out the two reds from 5 box, and with
probably only a 10% chance of improving on the £6,000 offer it was the right decision to deal
to ensure getting something out of the game.

Last edited by rico7 on Sun Feb 01, 2009 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Michael DeVere

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 6:41 pm    Author: Michael DeVere    Post subject: Re: 01/02 Andy

Well after the first couple of joke offers it was nice to see the Banker make some sensible offers later in the game.

Yeah it's unlucky that £15,000 was actually in Andy's box, but £6,000 was a good offer for the board, considering some offers the Banker makes at 5-box, and Andy was wise to deal it as it was a big gamble to go on to try and get much more money out of the game.

Oh and I like the running theme of the Banker welcoming Russ. So welcome Russ :lol:

Profile E-mail  

granitecitybino

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 6:45 pm    Author: granitecitybino    Post subject: Re: 01/02 Andy

£6000 on a board with a mean of £7000 was a great offer and Andy was quite right to take it.......was just unfortunate the £15k was in his box and the way the game went £6k was a good amount to win.....so well done Andy.

Jim

Profile E-mail  

alexandercbrown

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 7:11 pm    Author: alexandercbrown    Post subject: Re: 01/02 Andy

That was a good game. The 4th and 5th offers and the emotion made it really tense despite not being a big money game.

James1978

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 7:11 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: 01/02 Andy

Well that was all a bit of a struggle, it would have been really interesting to see how Andy would have played a good board, especially with the £250k still on it. I don't blame him for dealing one bit, it was Ty's last 5 but with a higher offer and worse blues. Can't believe there was no banker's gamble though, I thought with £500 as the kicker it would have been a good time to go for it as I thought £6k was the right offer for that last pair. £4k is the banker thinking "all or peanuts" and treating the £500 like the 1p.

I wonder if Daniel's approach that all the blues are the same are pulling down these red/high blue last offers like Ade's and Ty's?

Plenty of comedy too with Noel dropping the phone, Russ saying welcome and Anna catching the microphone when opening her box, it was accidents galore! :)

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

daniel123

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 7:23 pm    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: 01/02 Andy
Forum Games Moderator

kestral wrote:
Banker's offer would've been:

£4,000 + photo of Andy saying my kids should be proud of me... PS Welcome Russ :lol:

No Banker's Gamble!! :D :D :D

About bloody time aswell. Voids the game, simple as that. Welldone Andy on £6,000.

Like Tom Hanks and his football on that island in 'Cast Away', it looks like it's just me and the bots here now. But that's alright, we're having a grand old time. Aren't we, Wilson? WILSOOOOON?!

A few of us who were once part of the furniture, once stalwarts of the grand and extravagant, exuberant and thriving forum...have receded back into the walls, still faintly visible, still here as poignant, reminding relics of an era gone by; but most of us have vanished, forever immersed in the mists of time.

Profile E-mail  

jimmycross

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 8:38 pm    Author: jimmycross    Post subject: Re: 01/02 Andy

Top Bloke Andy.....Love ya !

Profile E-mail  

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:21 am    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject: Re: 01/02 Andy

I liked Andy, real heart on his sleeve bloke,

Don;t know what it is with the Sunday shows lately but that's at least 4 weekends on the trot we've been headed towards what looked like a total trainwreck,

Think the 5 box deal was very wisely taken (I'd have been seriously tempted to walk there myself) he was just unlucky to have a higher red in his box, just goes to show it's not just the box you bring to the table that matters, it's the one's you keep in play.

nevadajo7

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 2:12 am    Author: nevadajo7    Post subject: Re: 01/02 Andy

i'm watching it on ch4 catch now..:)

Profile E-mail  

nevadajo7

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 2:21 am    Author: nevadajo7    Post subject: Re: 01/02 Andy

i love walter :D

Profile E-mail  

nevadajo7

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 2:34 am    Author: nevadajo7    Post subject: Re: 01/02 Andy

poor andy, he's such a lovely guy
i hate these games :smt009
but fairplay to the banker acknowleging [sp?] integrity :smt023

Profile E-mail  

nevadajo7

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 2:44 am    Author: nevadajo7    Post subject: Re: 01/02 Andy

that was a heartbreaker :smt009
but well done andy...6 grand not to be siffed at :smt023

A LOVELY BLOKE, HIS FAMILY WILL BE WELL PROUD OF HIM
:)

Profile E-mail  

Tom

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:53 am    Author: Tom    Post subject: Re: 01/02 Andy

That was a good game. Yes, the £15,000 was in his box but the £6,000 offer was brilliant for a board with a mean of around £7,000. I don't begrudge the deal, I would have done exactly the same.

He did deserve the money, I really felt for him and it was good to see him pick himself up and carry on and win a decent sum of money.

Profile E-mail  
 [ 116 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]