Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 2:41 pm Last visit was: Sat Apr 20, 2024 2:41 pm

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 116 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

nevadajo7

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 5:55 pm    Author: nevadajo7    Post subject: Re: 29/01 Michael

Warnings: 0
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS 50P :lol:

KP

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 5:55 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 29/01 Michael
International Forums Moderator

And that's your feel-good ending, folks!

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 5:55 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 29/01 Michael

killersbee wrote:
Nope, he doesn't take it! :(

Turn that sad face the other way round! :)

A bloody good job he didn't take it!

But me and Greeny would have won the mega money! :D So OPWs all round!

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 5:56 pm    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: Re: 29/01 Michael

WIN
[23]

Enjoy £8,800, Michael :D !

Last edited by Dr. Hindsight on Thu Jan 29, 2009 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nevadajo7

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 5:56 pm    Author: nevadajo7    Post subject: Re: 29/01 Michael

goog game, good game :smt023

killersbee

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 5:59 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 29/01 Michael

Big-Davey wrote:
Turn that sad face the other way round! :)

I thought he made a mistake at the time, so I will now! :-D ;)

ell

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 5:59 pm    Author: ell    Post subject: Re: 29/01 Michael

Wish I had met you when I was there Michael what a lovely guy. A credit to the North East and a great game. Hope you and your family enjoy the money :-D xx

h2005

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 6:01 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 29/01 Michael
Administrator & Global Moderator

Crafty banker play at the end. I doubted Michael would take it as the money meant so much to him, which is fair enough. Thank goodness he didn't accept it as it'd have been awful to see him win only 50p after that game.

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 6:04 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 29/01 Michael

Agreed - just like we probably would have with Carol the other day, we would have surely seen a complete breakdown if that Gamble had been taken and he won 50p.

It's been an alright week so far!

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

DanJudge

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 6:09 pm    Author: DanJudge    Post subject: Re: 29/01 Michael

Yeah, it was a weird one. One where the maths takes a back seat to the person. I don't know what advice I said on the show (if any) but as soon as he told us what the money mean to him, it was immaterial. It was the right deal for him and was lucky enough to get the decision justified in the end.

I say this about everyone (because it is true), but He is a top guy and it felt great to all those involved. It felt like a £50k win. It really gave us a boost.

alexandercbrown

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 6:10 pm    Author: alexandercbrown    Post subject: Re: 29/01 Michael

Michael was OK and it was an average game until it got emotional but that's the most
ridiculous undeal I have ever seen. It must be a record overtaking the 10% of the highest amounts previously offered for the undeal. I was pleased he didn't accept it and had the 50p instead of the other 2 outcomes occuring.

The deal was cautious but if around 10K was life changing to him, fair enough.

rico7

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 6:36 pm    Author: rico7    Post subject: Re: 29/01 Michael

Really good show today with lots to ponder about at the end!

I was screaming at the TV for Michael to take the banker's gamble,
really glad he didn't! (unless he would have swapped)

That was one of the most unlikely OPW's, but I'm really pleased that Michael
got a sum of money that he's happy with, and can have no regrets about his decision to deal.

With all the emotion and focus on what the previous offer meant to him,
I can't help thinking that the banker could have got Michael for less than £8,800

I think contestants would be better off not showing their hand too much if they want to maximize the
offers, but it does make for a better show when its so personalised as it was today.

It was probably the most generous banker's gamble up to this point , I can't help thinking that
on the evidence of that we will see more of them with a 2 box proveout finish involving 250K!

travis P

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 6:49 pm    Author: travis P    Post subject: Re: 29/01 Michael

I was having my hair cut and was overhearing about The Banker's Gamble and with 50p being revealed. My barber (who is a neutral, general viewer to the show) said they would be mad to give back £8,800 on 50p or £100K.

DanJudge

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 6:57 pm    Author: DanJudge    Post subject: Re: 29/01 Michael

On paper, that is a no-brainer bankers gamble for me. I wouldn't even have to think of it. I'd have gone home with 50p, gutted, but feeling justified with the fact I felt I made the right decision at the time.

Not everyone is like me though, which makes the show so great. That Money meant the world to him. So in that situation, he made the right call for him. I haven't seen the show yet, but I'm glad people aren't getting on his back for playing a little too safe. I'm guessing that the edit showed the true reflection of the man and the situation he was in. I wonder if it would have been edited that way if he had £100k in the box.

Either way, it's nice to hear all the well-wishing on here. He deserves it.

Michael DeVere

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 7:46 pm    Author: Michael DeVere    Post subject: Re: 29/01 Michael

A fun intro to show with Michael, but the game started to look rather precarious after just the first round which subdued the atmosphere.

I agree with others that I thought the deal was right for Michael and it was obvious that £8,800 will help him out a lot (like get a new loo seat for start :P ). I was expecting a Banker's Gamble and for a moment I thought that Michael was going to take it. Thankfully he didn't and I think regardless of weather the £100,000 was in his box or not it was too much of a risk for him.

James1978

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:50 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: 29/01 Michael

I did manage to catch today's show after all and was really pleased I did! It had a bit of everything.

First of all I was in stitches during Michael's intro with all the toilet references, I thought the whole game was going to be comedy, but then we had the trainwreck opening round which seemed to knock the stuffing out of him somewhat. He got a bit of momentum going by 11-box though, and was half-expecting him to deal £6,600 and was pleased he didn't.

Then when he got emotional at 8-box I thought the banker was about to really punish him for admitting how much he needed the money, so the £8,800 floored me, I thought it was brilliant for the board and was relieved he dealt.

The proveout was tense too as the 100k stayed but the safety nets disapeared, it was one of those that could have been perfect or awful right up to 2-box, and I knew the banker's gamble was coming. I thought it was perfect use of it to be honest, as he was really tempted by it and it was clear he would be crushed if he got it wrong either way (keep the £8,800 when you could have had 100k or give it back and win 50p), you'd be horrified if you got offered it in active play on that last pair! I really didn't know what I wanted him to do, especially as the other box left on the wings meant something to him - so the swap was a possibility. It would have been awfully brave not to only have taken the gamble but swapped too - I have a strictly no-swap policy on 100k last pairs for that reason!

As Noel opened his original box we'll assume no swap especially as the banker has been messing about with it lately like in Ade's game!!

Thank goodness it went the right way. A really dramatic show. Well done Michael! :)

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

foxxy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:16 pm    Author: foxxy    Post subject: Re: 29/01 Michael

Michael, well done for letting your heart rule!

It's not massive money, but I'm sure it will help!

Well done, and good luck to you and your family!

collydolly

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:22 pm    Author: collydolly    Post subject: Re: 29/01 Michael

Well done Michael, as Noel said different amounts mean life changing money to different people.

I hope you have a lovely loo seat now :lol:

clareclw1

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:22 pm    Author: clareclw1    Post subject: Re: 29/01 Michael

michael is a top guy, we had some fun in the pub with playing darts too!!! good times!!!

i found his game great; even though it was edited a bit, i thought at the time he played that you could really see the emotion in him and how much the money meant to him. that was portrayed well. i agree with you dan in that it could have been different after the cut if his box contained the 100k. i really wanted him to no deal the bankers gamble, as i think taking the £8800 was worth even having the 100k in his box - in comparison to winning 50p; for michael.

even though there were jokes about him being a skinflint and the loo seat, i think that money meant a lot to Michael and you could see that. i found it endearing.

good on you michael, you're great!

James1978

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:29 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: 29/01 Michael

I was just thinking - DOND doesn't have to be all about playing to the end to provide great drama, we got that today out of an 8-box deal for an averaging amount - that game was about so muich more than figures! :D

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

[ 116 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]