Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Thu Aug 11, 2022 11:53 am Last visit was: Thu Aug 11, 2022 11:53 am

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 130 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Simon F

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 6:29 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 25/01 Carol

Warnings: 0
Well it's not a 5 figure win and it's only a TPW but her decision making was perfect so that'll do me perfectly.

killersbee

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 6:30 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 25/01 Carol

Whether she swapped or not, it's a Moderate Win today

Enjoy £9,000, Carol :)

clareclw1

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 6:31 pm    Author: clareclw1    Post subject: Re: 25/01 Carol

DanJudge wrote:
man your such a cry baby Clare! lol

hahahaha!!!! it meant so much to me for her to do well!!!!!!! this is the first of many tears im afraid!!!

Profile E-mail  

KP

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 6:32 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 25/01 Carol
International Forums Moderator

Never imagined that could have been a second-offer OPW! But she got the next best thing out of it, and that's one heck of a good week, not a disaster in the bunch (unless you're one of a few here who need to grow up).

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

Skyline

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 6:32 pm    Author: Skyline    Post subject: Re: 25/01 Carol
Forum Games Moderator

Nice game

Profile E-mail  

granitecitybino

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 6:32 pm    Author: granitecitybino    Post subject: Re: 25/01 Carol

Great turnaround from a bad middle part of the game with a perfect deal and proveout.

Enjoy the £9k and well done.

Profile E-mail  

clareclw1

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 6:38 pm    Author: clareclw1    Post subject: Re: 25/01 Carol

absolutely brilliant game, one of my favourites as much as i was sorry to see my friend leave!!!!!

Profile E-mail  

colliwobs

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 6:38 pm    Author: colliwobs    Post subject: Re: 25/01 Carol

clareclw1 wrote:
DanJudge wrote:

hahahaha!!!! it meant so much to me for her to do well!!!!!!! this is the first of many tears im afraid!!!

I am not sure that that is the right thing to say .after all most of us watch in antisipation of a win and to be told that "this is the first of many tears" is not what i expect on this site .maybe it should be posted on spoilers as now we know its all bad from now on an insider"

James1978

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 6:39 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: 25/01 Carol

That was great, I've been itching to see a hypo-swap on an all-blue last pair for yonks and it's finally happened! :)

SO pleased she dealt, that would have been horrible viewing if she'd played to the end, as she seemed unbelievably nervous but funny at the same time - and the board was looking great in the early stages too. Sadly she fell a grand short of making it a whole wekk of 5-figure wins but who cares - she was never going to take the first or second offer!

Well done Carol you topped off an excellent week!

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 6:39 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 25/01 Carol

A good game - it was obvious to see that she had had some trouble in life but that made great telly to see her avoid what would surely have been a complete breakdown had she decided to play on.

A good end to the week - and so close to seeing a new record for lowest win in a week!

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

Profile E-mail  

Simon F

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 6:39 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 25/01 Carol

KP wrote:
Never imagined that could have been a second-offer OPW! But she got the next best thing out of it, and that's one heck of a good week, not a disaster in the bunch (unless you're one of a few here who need to grow up).

That's a great point. 6 deals, all of which were statistically justifiable in my view.

granitecitybino

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 6:40 pm    Author: granitecitybino    Post subject: Re: 25/01 Carol

colliwobs wrote:
clareclw1 wrote:
DanJudge wrote:

I am not sure that that is the right thing to say .after all most of us watch in antisipation of a win and to be told that "this is the first of many tears" is not what i expect on this site .maybe it should be posted on spoilers as now we know its all bad from now on an insider"

It might be happy tears though :) :) can only wait and hope

Jim

Profile E-mail  

Simon F

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 6:40 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 25/01 Carol

colliwobs wrote:
clareclw1 wrote:
DanJudge wrote:

Or she might have meant that some people don't like to see people crying on the show so be prepared for loads of tears of joy.

KP

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 6:41 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 25/01 Carol
International Forums Moderator

I think Clare's already shown she's emotional at good and bad games... which rather nullifies any spoiler hint she may have dropped!!

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

colliwobs

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 6:42 pm    Author: colliwobs    Post subject: Re: 25/01 Carol

granitecitybino wrote:
colliwobs wrote:
clareclw1 wrote:
DanJudge wrote:

It might be happy tears though :) :) can only wait and hope

Jim

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh true i didnt look at it in that way :laughing

James1978

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 6:47 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: 25/01 Carol

Big-Davey wrote:
A good game - it was obvious to see that she had had some trouble in life but that made great telly to see her avoid what would surely have been a complete breakdown had she decided to play on.

A good end to the week - and so close to seeing a new record for lowest win in a week!

It wouldn't have been anyway - the first week back from the summer break in 2007 had wins of 35k (Rossano), 18k (Debbie which was the lowest), £33,316 (Karen), 22k (Enid) and 20k twice (Robert and Jenny). Contrast with a year later when we were struggling to get a week with a highest win of 18k! :)

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 6:49 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 25/01 Carol

I was building on a comment KP made...thus taking his word alone for it! :-D

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

Profile E-mail  

melliemel

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 6:52 pm    Author: melliemel    Post subject: Re: 25/01 Carol

colliwobs wrote:
clareclw1 wrote:
DanJudge wrote:

eh!?!? this is not true and you are presuming!!! We creid most days from laughter!!! So stop presuming she has posted spoilers....ner ner ner ner ner! :smt023 :roll:

Profile E-mail  

rico7

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 6:53 pm    Author: rico7    Post subject: Re: 25/01 Carol

It was an enjoyable game today with a good result, albeit relatively moderate.

Good advice from Noel today!

Carly1982

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 7:00 pm    Author: Carly1982    Post subject: Re: 25/01 Carol

Well done mum! They must of edited alot out! PS Cheers for the fridge freezer x x

Profile E-mail  
 [ 130 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]