Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:41 pm Last visit was: Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:41 pm

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 130 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

h2005

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 7:05 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 25/01 Carol
Administrator & Global Moderator

Warnings: 0
A brilliant show to end what has been a very good week! Carol was really funny and provided an entertaining show, and it was good to see Noel helping her come to a decision with some neutral and balanced advice.

Thankfully she bailed out of her game at just the right point, otherwise there'd have been tears of sorrow and not tears of joy... well done Carol!

Simon F

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 7:18 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 25/01 Carol

It does seem a little odd that the decision was a lot more clear cut for me to make than Carol given that my financial situation is probably better than hers but I guess the temptation to gamble is sometimes stronger when you're actually in the chair than sitting at home (although most of the time the opposite applies)

DanJudge

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 7:45 pm    Author: DanJudge    Post subject: Re: 25/01 Carol

The crying comment doesn't give anything away at all. She is an emotional person and as you are on the show longer, your bonds with the player gets greater and thats why Clare (and most people on the wing) get a bit more emotional as time goes on. Sometimes happy tears, sometimes sad tears and sometimes nervous tears.

In summary, she's just a cry baby! lol.

KP

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 8:06 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 25/01 Carol
International Forums Moderator

Simon F wrote:
It does seem a little odd that the decision was a lot more clear cut for me to make than Carol given that my financial situation is probably better than hers but I guess the temptation to gamble is sometimes stronger when you're actually in the chair than sitting at home (although most of the time the opposite applies)

Two things.

1. You had the understanding that you had to take both blues out to get a better offer, and that this was a 30% chance. Carol (presumably) didn't, unless Dan told her as much, and may have been tempted by having three higher and two lower. We've seen enough bad Deals from that logic, this could have been a bad No Deal in the same mould.
2. In the chair, you usually have Noel, the pilgrims or both (typically both) pressing for a gamble. Thankfully, Carol did not, and I wouldn't be surprised if a less neutral Noel would have had a £250 win on his conscience today.

Dan, I presume this is one of the games you were hinting at earlier in the week where Noel was anything but the gambling-friendly bully I personified him as.

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 8:09 pm    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: Re: 25/01 Carol

Nice move with that £9,000 deal. I'd had probably have done the same thing.

Congrats to Carol, and enjoy every penny of that £9,000 :D !

DanJudge

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 8:22 pm    Author: DanJudge    Post subject: Re: 25/01 Carol

A lot of the show got cut, but the other people on the wing were all talking her into dealing. I definitely highlighted the lack of reward for going on another round. I think that Noel went and sat in the audience because she took so long and asked everyone in the wings!. I think that there was a gamble in it for the right person, but it was clear to all of us that she wasn't the person to push it.

A lot of that show was cut because it was a bit rude at times. It's a shame, because she was hilarious. It was a long game because she was a little indecisive, but it was one of those long shows that people were happy to be part of.

clareclw1

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:40 pm    Author: clareclw1    Post subject: Re: 25/01 Carol

Hi all

I didnt think it was a spoiler - like its been said, deal or no deal is an emotional experience for us players, whatever the outcome and the player. It didnt show it on the show, but i actually started crying as soon as Carol's name was called out because as she said, we were really close friends and i so wanted her to do well. She also went quite early as you know so it came as a shock to us all.

As Dan also quite rightly said, I am a bit if an emotional person and this is regardless of the show!! I'm sorry if it spoiled the show for you but it wasnt meant in that way, thanks to you all for explaining for me!!!!! :smt023

h2005

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:44 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 25/01 Carol

I don't think talking about crying on the show is a spoiler really. As others have said, people cry at all sorts of things - deals gone wrong, bad games and huge wins.

If discussing crying is a spoiler, then saying Noel Edmonds will be presenting the show tomorrow is also a spoiler. :ponder:

a-laura-wannabe

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:47 pm    Author: a-laura-wannabe    Post subject: Re: 25/01 Carol

Aww Clare, I'd like to think that most of us on here believe that compassion is a virtue - I thought it was very touching that you showed some emotion on this game, so please don't apologise for it.

And as for giving away spoilers? As far as I'm concerned you did'nt - plenty more tears to come only tells me that we're in for some emotional games, happy or sad.

All the best to you Clare, can't wait for your game ( and Dan's! ;) )

Mand x

clareclw1

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:56 pm    Author: clareclw1    Post subject: Re: 25/01 Carol

lol thanks guys. I'm enjoying the forum so dont want to offend!! and i also wanna keep my fans!! haha!!!

Thanks Mand, I'm glad you're looking forward to them! Did you see my reply to you about the auditions on Dan's page? xxx

MisterAl

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 10:06 pm    Author: MisterAl    Post subject: Re: 25/01 Carol

h2005 wrote:
...then saying Noel Edmonds will be presenting the show tomorrow is also a spoiler.

Well, thanks for ruining the surprise!

h2005

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 10:10 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 25/01 Carol

MisterAl wrote:
h2005 wrote:
...then saying Noel Edmonds will be presenting the show tomorrow is also a spoiler.

Well, thanks for ruining the surprise!

Sorry, I know you were expecting someone with better hair. :smt009

a-laura-wannabe

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 10:15 pm    Author: a-laura-wannabe    Post subject: Re: 25/01 Carol

Hi Clare, yes bab, I did see your reply and posted on that thread thanking you all for the advice.

Thanks to you (and Dan, KP and some others) I now feel a bit more prepared for the audition.

One of the reasons I would love to appear on DOND, apart from the money of course, is to experience the intense bonding the contestants seem to forge during their time there. Think that's because there's no competition, as you all get your time on the chair. Its no wonder then, that emotions run high, and Carol seems such a lovely woman I'm sure I'd have been sheading a few more tears than you!.

Nerves are kicking in a bit now, as you might guess my audition is sort of imminent!

Thanks again for all your advice Clare, its much appreciated.

Mand x

clareclw1

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 10:19 pm    Author: clareclw1    Post subject: Re: 25/01 Carol

anytime, its a pleasure and your exactly right about everything. that was the exact reason why i wanted to be on the show - and as you could see, today was a good example of that in action. the game was hugely edited because carol really used everyone she loved on the wings to help her make her decision. i think my tears were a mix of relief towards the end - there is such an overwhelming feeling of wanting everyone to go home with some money!!! i really hope u do well, keep us informed of progress!!! im sure u'll do well!! xxx

MisterAl

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 10:24 pm    Author: MisterAl    Post subject: Re: 25/01 Carol

h2005 wrote:
Sorry, I know you were expecting someone with better hair.

A ludicrous suggestion. Anybody who thinks that there's anything wrong with Noel's barnet deserves to be thrown out on the street or something.

a-laura-wannabe

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 10:26 pm    Author: a-laura-wannabe    Post subject: Re: 25/01 Carol

Thankyou Clare - I'll see how the big day goes, and then I might be asking you some more questions and advice ! lol :lol:

Mand x

granitecitybino

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 11:32 pm    Author: granitecitybino    Post subject: Re: 25/01 Carol

clareclw1 wrote:
lol thanks guys. I'm enjoying the forum so dont want to offend!! and i also wanna keep my fans!! haha!!!

Well I have joined your fan club today Clare and I ain't going anywhere :) :)

Jim

a-laura-wannabe

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 11:38 pm    Author: a-laura-wannabe    Post subject: Re: 25/01 Carol

I can second that Jim! :-D

clareclw1

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 11:38 pm    Author: clareclw1    Post subject: Re: 25/01 Carol

Thank you very much Jim, I really do appreciate it!!its great to think that people are watching the shows and enjoying my contribution! however emotionally driven it may be!!

It is funny when you see a contestant crying on deal though isnt it? i have always found it highly entertaining so its somewhat ironic that i am now the one helping to create that!!! haha!

thanks again for joining my fan club!xxx :smt023

clareclw1

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 11:38 pm    Author: clareclw1    Post subject: Re: 25/01 Carol

and thanku mand!! i am touched!!!

[ 130 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]