Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Wed Aug 10, 2022 1:11 pm Last visit was: Wed Aug 10, 2022 1:11 pm

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

killersbee

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 6:32 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 21/01 Bobbie

Warnings: 0
Big-Davey wrote:
You make me laugh KB, I swear you're only ever 100% happy if it's a Power Five territory win! :lol:

Today's was close enough, though ;)

It wasn't a power five territory win but so what, as long as I enjoyed the game and have an Epic Win, I'm 100% happy with that! 8)

KP

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 6:35 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 21/01 Bobbie
International Forums Moderator

I still can't help but think that the instant £10,000 No Deal was overly influenced by the last two games and Noel (look at her choice of words for crying out loud!) but the £21,500 at two-box on a £100k/blue was inked in, and although the difference between the second-lowest and second-highest blues ain't much when you're considering £100k in the box or more than £20k from the Banker, it did have the psychological element that surely made her see sense (not that it would have been stupid to turn down £21,500, but it surely wouldn't have been Bobbie's true preference at 81 - for a twenty-something like me, who can be set up for many years with £100k, there's more of a case for it).

rico7, I think you mean 'reckless' not 'wreckless' - but I'm so glad this game wasn't a wreck! That's three five-figure wins in a row now - dare we envision a week of them for the first time since probably 2006?

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 6:37 pm    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: Re: 21/01 Bobbie

I can't post Box 23 anymore, so this shoddy reproduction will have to suffice.

EPIC WIN!
[23]

Congrats to Bobbie on a great win, and enjoy every penny of that £21,500 :D !

killersbee

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 6:51 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 21/01 Bobbie

That's a shame

Don't tell anyone but I have spare copies!

Simon F

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:15 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 21/01 Bobbie

Great game today. I never fail to get surprised at gambling little old ladies - the speed that she turned down £10k at 5 box was surprising (given that I'd have taken ages before deciding to probably deal).

It seems that £20k-£25k is now the norm on £100k/blue finishes which means more-informed decision can be made at 5 box now.

tr4962

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:35 pm    Author: tr4962    Post subject: Re: 21/01 Bobbie

I really liked her determination to make the most of the game, she also knew when to stop gambling, and i hope she enjoys the money

James1978

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:41 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: 21/01 Bobbie

That was great! We really needed an OPW, especially with someone selling a low blue ffor a life-enhancing sum. Bobbie was great as well, she seemd the sort who's be Ok with winning a blue, she reminded me a lot of Kay from last April, the one who the banker gave out the new TV to, their personalities seemed very similar!

Also good to see the banker failed to get away with derisory third and fourth offers as well, especially as Noel seemed to think it was wonderful that the 4th offer had been raised from £1,200 to £2,200 with 100k and 35k still there, when it should have been about three times that! That said I thought she'd be happy to accept the 10k at 5-box, as we've seen worse dealt before on the same board (Marysia!), and it was great that she avoided the 100k and got a proper offer which floored me given it's now usually well under 20k when a banker's power 5 remains with the 100k.

A well deserved biggish win and £21,500 is fab for a 10p box, well done!

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

granitecitybino

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:07 am    Author: granitecitybino    Post subject: Re: 21/01 Bobbie

Was a bit surprised at the £21,500 final offer giving that it was 10p as opposed to £500 yesterday, but Bobbie did great to get to that point and did the right deal and spanked the banker.

Looking good for game of the month final.....

Jim

Profile E-mail  

rico7

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:13 am    Author: rico7    Post subject: Re: 21/01 Bobbie

KP wrote:
rico7, I think you mean 'reckless' not 'wreckless' - but I'm so glad this game wasn't a wreck! That's three five-figure wins in a row now - dare we envision a week of them for the first time since probably 2006?

You're right KP well spotted, "wreckless" has in fact become a very common alternative spelling of reckless, it might well be down to all the years I lived in California , check out the Oxford Dictionary of American Usage and Style and you'll see the use of wreckless discussed as an alternative to reckless. Bobbie's game turned out to be "wreckless" in more ways than one!

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:49 am    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject: Re: 21/01 Bobbie

Brilliant OPW, and probably just what the wings needed to say after the past week.

Liked Bobbie, she reminded me of my old headmistress from primary school. Didn't think she looked like a gambler but to make over £20k on a 10p box was amazing.

Wierd coincidence the £100,000 staying n play a second day but i seriously didn't expect the Banker to match Carl's offer given her blue was the second lowest (as opposed to the second highest)

h2005

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:10 am    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 21/01 Bobbie
Administrator & Global Moderator

Bobbie seemed to be a fantastic woman and provided an entertaining show today. I didn't think she was old as 81 (I'm sure she said at the end that her winnings weren't bad for an 81-year-old). Great to see her do really well - I was worried her game was going to fall apart after she no dealt the £10k. I think Noel was just as shocked as everyone else at how quickly she no dealt it!

Thankfully she didn't knock out the £100k in the last round, and it earnt her a well-deserved £21,500 conclusive win over the banker. Well done Bobbie and enjoy the money!

Profile E-mail  

ciderduck

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 11:08 am    Author: ciderduck    Post subject: Re: 21/01 Bobbie

killersbee wrote:
Just get on with it, Bobbie! :P :lol:

was thinking the same too at the start.....how long was that low drone of the 'music' on before she actually picked a box? kinda slow boring game i just could not get into until the end, good win though :smt023

clareclw1

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:27 pm    Author: clareclw1    Post subject: Re: 21/01 Bobbie

was great to have the 1p for bobbie's game after a lot of reds!!

Profile E-mail  

Tom

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 3:21 pm    Author: Tom    Post subject: Re: 21/01 Bobbie

That was absolutely brilliant. A great result, a great player and large chunks of entertainment (with the funniest opening of the £250k ever perhaps?).

It's shows like this one that make me love this programme so much. More like this please!

Profile E-mail  

collydolly

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 4:50 pm    Author: collydolly    Post subject: Re: 21/01 Bobbie

Well done Bobbie, enjoy the money.

81 is now the new 61 :lol:

mallard2007

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 12:33 am    Author: mallard2007    Post subject: Re: 21/01 Bobbie

great result for Bobbie, a great lady and a brilliant show :-)

[ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]