Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Tue May 17, 2022 9:09 pm Last visit was: Tue May 17, 2022 9:09 pm

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

KP

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 5:41 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 19/01 Winston
International Forums Moderator

Warnings: 0
Three low blues, one high blue, two oranges and the top two.

Stick? I would.

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

greeny

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 5:42 pm    Author: greeny    Post subject: Re: Winston 19/01

richie4eva1 wrote:
greeny wrote:
What on earth is Winston on? He's very hyper, I want whatever he's had to make me feel that lively.

Think he needs to calm down a bit here

Banker is going to start punishing him very soon if he doesn't knuckle down and belt up

Indeed he does, and you said the same in response to my message over on DS. He really needs to chill out and relax.

Profile E-mail  

h2005

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 5:42 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 19/01 Winston
Administrator & Global Moderator

The banker says he's never prayed so hard for an act of God :P He wants something dramatic and drastic to occur in Winston's game, and Winston suggests a swarm of locusts... to which the banker says "Shut ya face" :lol: The banker says he doesn't want to risk being beaten by Winston!

Normally £8k here now says the banker...

Banker's offer:

£18,000

Profile E-mail  

KP

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 5:43 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 19/01 Winston

I'm outta here with that offer!

In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

h2005

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 5:44 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 19/01 Winston

Noel says that's a very very tidy sum of money. Ade says go by the odds - it's 4 vs 4; he has the big ones but not many backups.

Winston says NO DEAL

Profile E-mail  

greeny

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 5:45 pm    Author: greeny    Post subject: Re: 19/01 Winston

I'd have dealt £18,000 personally

Profile E-mail  

KP

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 5:45 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 19/01 Winston

Odd advice from Ade. Big reds and not many backups is right, pointing to the red/blue balance is a bit misleading when none of those reds are in five-figures.

h2005

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 5:46 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 19/01 Winston

11 - Trev - £10 :D

20 - Barbara - £100,000 :(

"OOOHHHHHHHHH NO" says Noel...

4 - Ade - £5 :D

Banker time

Profile E-mail  

KP

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 5:46 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 19/01 Winston

Stick?

h2005

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 5:47 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 19/01 Winston

The banker says no matter what he thinks of Winston, he recognises that turning down £18,000 was brave, and it'll take more courage to turn down this offer.

Banker's offer:

£16,500

Profile E-mail  

h2005

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 5:48 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 19/01 Winston

Winston says you have to be in it to win it, and he's still in it and could still win it... he says having another big red would've made his decision easier now. Ade reminds Winston of how he aggressively no dealt the last offer, and says Winston should keep up the good spirit.

Winston says DEAL

Profile E-mail  

KP

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 5:49 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 19/01 Winston

Not a bad decision on the face of it, but with this much time left on the clock there is only one outcome here...

h2005

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 5:51 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 19/01 Winston

Winston thanks everyone...

10 - Carl - 10p

"No no no no" says Noel... he says if this isn't the £250k now, Winston's made the most amazing error! Winston is leaving 17 as his Mum's birthday is 17/03

5 - Ty - £1,000

"NO NO NO" shouts Noel!

Banker phones and says if we were still in live play, the next offer would have been either £1,000 if the £250k is revealed, or £100,000 if the £250k is not found! :shock:

22 - Alfonso for Anna - £5,000 :shock:

Banker time with £750 and £250,000 remaining

Profile E-mail  

Mark

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 5:51 pm    Author: Mark    Post subject: Re: 19/01 Winston

Oh dear... should have said no deal to the last offer. And he said he is here to play the game.

h2005

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 5:51 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 19/01 Winston

Banker's offer would've been:

£100,000

Profile E-mail  

KP

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 5:52 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 19/01 Winston

He said he was here to play the game, and he did - he said No Deal a few times then he said Deal! :)

A £100k guarantee would certainly have taken me on at five-box, but I wouldn't have got that far... I'll say this much, it's not the most generous offer ever on this finish :P

h2005

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 5:53 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 19/01 Winston

Noel says Winston was so close to winning £100k, and Winston calls himself a fool...

Noel says the SWAP is guaranteed with the £250k in the final 2...

Winston starts crying :( He says he'd have said SWAP, so Noel swaps the boxes...

Noel opens Winston's new box 17 and reveals £250,000 :(

Winston's original box 15 now with Alfonso has £750

Profile E-mail  

KP

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 5:55 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 19/01 Winston

If you're a fool for not listening to Noel, Winston, WE NEED MORE FOOLS!!

Although maybe we don't with the general run of conservative play...

h2005

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 5:56 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 19/01 Winston

Winston says you have to have the courage to go on, and he says the courage just went. He says his Mum's bet all her life and never won anything, and can't believe his Mum's birthday box had £250k!

The banker phones and thanks Winston for dealing when he did, and he'd like to point out that the offers were high because he knew Winston was here to play the game, and Noel says the banker's confused as everyone else as to why Winston dealt when he did, and he says he lost the plot :? Noel does remind everyone though that £16,500 is a very attractive sum of money! :D

Profile E-mail  

killersbee

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 5:56 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 19/01 Winston

Oh my word! A post deal swap and he could've been a £250,000 richer! :(

£100,000 is obviously a lie, he would've offered around £60,000-£80,000 if he was in live play

Last edited by killersbee on Mon Jan 19, 2009 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]