Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:19 pm Last visit was: Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:19 pm

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 6:57 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 18/01 Cassi

Warnings: 0
travis P wrote:
...Anyway, some news that according to the UK Game Shows website, the voting public over on the internet have declared Deal or No Deal as their third most popular game show in 2008.

Surely Spin Star comes in the top two, yes?

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

h2005

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 7:01 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 18/01 Cassi
Administrator & Global Moderator

travis P wrote:
Cassi isn't Tolleck.

Really?

travis P wrote:
the voting public over on the internet have declared Deal or No Deal as their third most popular game show in 2008.

What were the other two? WWTBAM and Weakest Link I assume...

travis P

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 7:05 pm    Author: travis P    Post subject: Re: 18/01 Cassi

h2005 wrote:
What were the other two? WWTBAM and Weakest Link I assume...

You will be surprised if you've said those two.

Linky

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 7:08 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 18/01 Cassi

I wanted to say Duel, but I was amazed at what was at the top! :shock:

I do agree with the John Barrowman show (The Kids Are All Right) being the biggest flop...talk about Banana Sandwich and a half...

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

h2005

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 7:09 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 18/01 Cassi
Administrator & Global Moderator

I've never heard of "Only Connect" and it'd appear to be a BBC Four show, so I don't know how it beat DOND.

Anyway today's show was a "heartbreaker" as Noel would call it. There were some good moments with the banter Noel had with the others; but the game itself was unfortunately never in Cassi's favour - a nice young girl who never got the opportunity to play the banker due to the way the boxes fell. It was nice to see her take it well though, and at least she doesn't have any regrets or worries about turning down any huge sums like Tony did on Friday.

Two blue wins in a row is never good; hopefully tomorrow can kick the new week off to a good start.

Simon F

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 7:25 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 18/01 Cassi

h2005 wrote:
I've never heard of "Only Connect" and it'd appear to be a BBC Four show, so I don't know how it beat DOND.

Possibly due to it being plugged on Bother's Bar before it started so that we knew that it was on at all. It wasn't publicised at all by the BBC but those of us who watched it, recognised what a great show it was.

daniel123

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 7:30 pm    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: 18/01 Cassi
Forum Games Moderator

kestral wrote:
Noel thinks that £9,000 is a distant memory now, and the Banker says it was an unbelievable round. The Banker asks Trev what the offer should be, and he replies that it should be £15,000. The Baker says he is a genius

Banker's offer:

£1,500

:lol: :laughing Not a very good baker then, might need to produce some more dough...

sorry for that people. Erm, on today's game, this should describe it: Plain unlucky, with three crap offers to go with that unluckiness. £9,000 twice was, in terms of the two first rounds, generous. I think £1,500 would only have been due to the round, otherwise that's very bad offer, sort of thing you'd expect in 2005. I personally would have liked to have seen some more decent offers today, as no doubt Cassi would have dealt one of them and avoided the £50/£100 ending. For me it would've been that ending though, nothing really "dealable" today and, by the look of Skyline's board thingy at least, on the whole a game that pretty much forced Cassi to the end. (going by the commentary, that is).

But, in spite of all that, welldone Cassi. Spend it well.

Like Tom Hanks and his football on that island in 'Cast Away', it looks like it's just me and the bots here now. But that's alright, we're having a grand old time. Aren't we, Wilson? WILSOOOON?!

A few of us who were once part of the furniture, once stalwarts of the grand and extravagant, exuberant and thriving forum, have receded back into the walls, still faintly visible, still here as poignant, reminding relics of an era gone by; but most of us have vanished, forever immersed in the mists of time.

KP

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 11:56 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 18/01 Cassi
International Forums Moderator

On an unstable board like that the Banker surely, surely should be able to make an arguable-either-way offer.

£1,000 was arguable either way for Beryl I suppose.

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 12:04 am    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject: Re: 18/01 Cassi

Curse of the Hottie strikes again. :x

That was a really harsh game, poor Cassi never really got a break (although the £1,000 at 5 Box was arguably dealable)and it just went from bad to worse.

Still the game was entertaining, and as others have noted the lady herself looked lovely. Have to give her kudos for her attitude too, she took it on the chin.

I hate Sundays

Tom

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 3:49 pm    Author: Tom    Post subject: Re: 18/01 Cassi

Such a shame to see a lovely player go home with a blue. She played it well though, so respect to her for that.

I just hope this doesn't start a run of bad games...

trustno1

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:08 pm    Author: trustno1    Post subject: Re: 18/01 Cassi

killersbee wrote:
ARGH!!! :evil: :evil: :evil:

"Damm those bag of balls" :smt009 :smt011

Are they Golden Balls ;) ;-) ;) ;-)

[ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]