Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Tue May 24, 2022 9:42 am Last visit was: Tue May 24, 2022 9:42 am

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 90 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 10:23 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 12/01 Kerrie

Warnings: 0
Boring!

A good sized win, yet nobody is happy on here. For crying out loud, why does it ALWAYS have to be an OPW to shut you up KB? Two years ago, you was happy if it was a good amount won; one year ago you would settle for a Power Five territory win. Now you won't settle for anything less than a monster win! You might as well stop watching the show!

Sure the offer was disappointing but remember the offers aren't as high anymore! He'll only offer big money if it's 2-box now!

Cautiously, I'd have taken it, but I think I'd have played on too.

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

Profile E-mail  

sportmemro

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:40 pm    Author: sportmemro    Post subject: Re: 12/01 Kerrie

i think kerrie was brave to go on at 8 box bearing in mind she and her alone only new her situation, well done a magnificent win, ill bet the previous players wish they had got into that zone.x

Profile E-mail  

maggieq

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:20 am    Author: maggieq    Post subject: Re: 12/01 Kerrie

:D Kerrie was brave to go as far as she did.l'm glad she won a good amount,at least she won enough for her own needs.well done babe.

LizzyLou

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:32 am    Author: LizzyLou    Post subject: Re: 12/01 Kerrie

I was pleased for her, she obviously needed the money so that's a win in my book. Well done Kerrie!

Profile E-mail  

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:39 am    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject: Re: 12/01 Kerrie

Well i for one thought that was a great game, after the heartbreak of the past few days it was nice to see a player make a healthy profit on their box.

Yes, she could have had more but it was just bad luck really she didn't find the top prize in the proveout round.

Well played Kerrie.

ciderduck

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:35 am    Author: ciderduck    Post subject: Re: 12/01 Kerrie

nnnnaaarrrgh! the timer ballsed up again (or rather me leaving a non-recordable disc in the machine) so i missed this one too. i was surprised to see she no dealt at the 8 box 20k, but even more surprised (why am i still surprised at how crap the offers are now??) at the 'lousy' 35 offered then (and yes i know its a hell of a lot of money). I think had she dealt at 20k, that offer would have been greatly inflated (as the banker is fond of doing) probably at least in the 40k region then, and only then (when the player is out of the game). what at shame it worked out that way, but glad to see kerrie get good money, gutted i missed the game, was looking forward to hers for a while now.

killersbee

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 2:30 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 12/01 Kerrie

Big-Davey wrote:
Two years ago, you was happy if it was a good amount won.

That was because we were seeing huge deals happen, such as £64k Jeff, Claudine, Bunney and many others :D
Big-Davey wrote:
One year ago you would settle for a Power Five territory win.

That was after Laura won the biggie and during Season 3, we had 2 £100k wins which I thought it was impossible but it happened
Big-Davey wrote:
Now you won't settle for anything less than a monster win!

I'm sure Ian's £71,000 deal counts, along with £100k Lauren and all the £75k wins were having, which is good

But it's not me who wants to see a monster OPW after monster OPW, it's Mark who looks out for that, I'm more on the supportive side, honest

It's not the unlucky games I have a problem with, because that's the luck of the draw and it can't be helped, but my problem with seeing squandered amounts all started when Mike took the £1,000 offer, which lead to three back-to-back £250,000 squanders! (Kate-Justin, Louise-Lance and Ray-Melanie)

But deep down if I really wanted someone to enjoy it and make the most of it, I would say it, basically if I liked that contestant so much (And I have liked a lot in the past), then I would be right behind him/her regardless of how much he/she wins, because that's me when I look at a game, personality or entertainment-wise and I would never ever hurt that person's feelings because they say it's hard to think about the offers, sometimes

So here's what I'm prepared to do, if the next player wins £250,000, I'll promise to turn down my level of expectations of the players and just root for them and support the Deals that are between good and very good, how does that sound? :)

MisterAl

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 4:29 pm    Author: MisterAl    Post subject: Re: 12/01 Kerrie

Why not just support the players anyway?

Profile E-mail  

KP

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 4:36 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 12/01 Kerrie
International Forums Moderator

He wouldn't be 'killersbee' if he didn't make people buzz off by killing their self-esteem :| :roll:

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

Tom

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 9:17 pm    Author: Tom    Post subject: Re: 12/01 Kerrie

Blooming 'eck. I don't think some people on here will ever be happy with a games outcome. £35,000 is a lovely sum, yet people still aren't happy. Remember when such a win was such a rarity...

That was a really enjoyable game. Kerrie was great, a real character (no idea what the "honk honk" thing meant though). I completely understand her dealing and with the revelation of her needing money to keep her house, it is very well deserved.

Profile E-mail  
 [ 90 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]