Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2019 11:17 am Last visit was: Fri Sep 20, 2019 11:17 am

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 90 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

beaker

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 5:56 pm    Author: beaker    Post subject: Re: 12/01 Kerrie

Warnings: 0
A definite no brainer to go on, only one blue , 4 reds and 3 of the power five, OK she had the £15k in her box but the odds were well in her favour - she may have saved her house but she could have had a nice chunk beside that

Skyline

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 5:57 pm    Author: Skyline    Post subject: Re: 12/01 Kerrie
Forum Games Moderator

wkd wrote:
kestral wrote:
Ade tells her to think very carefully here as there are only 3 amounts over her offer... Kerrie says

DEAL

Only three amounts higher? WTF? There's only five boxes left! How many high numbers does he want?

Well it's a good win and a decent ND at 8 box but can't help but feel that an opportunity has been overlooked with the certainty of at least playing for 15k at 2 box. Ah well - see what happens.

There are 3 boxes opened in a round but there is an unlucky chance that she make take them all out

Profile E-mail  

killersbee

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 5:58 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 12/01 Kerrie

Skyline wrote:
She won a power five, which killersbee always wants ;)

Touché, but for me winning it in a box pips it ;) ;) ;)

beaker

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 6:00 pm    Author: beaker    Post subject: Re: 12/01 Kerrie

Craig wrote:
wkd wrote:
kestral wrote:
Ade tells her to think very carefully here as there are only 3 amounts over her offer... Kerrie says

DEAL

Only three amounts higher? WTF? There's only five boxes left! How many high numbers does he want?

Didnt he say there was only 2 amounts higher, not 3??

He did but the two higher were significantly higher and only one of the lower ones was significantly lower - think she blew a big chance but I can understand why she did after she mentioned the bit about her house

wkd

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 6:01 pm    Author: wkd    Post subject: Re: 12/01 Kerrie

Skyline wrote:
wkd wrote:
kestral wrote:

DEAL

Well it's a good win and a decent ND at 8 box but can't help but feel that an opportunity has been overlooked with the certainty of at least playing for 15k at 2 box. Ah well - see what happens.

There are 3 boxes opened in a round but there is an unlucky chance that she make take them all out

Of course - but a 90% chance of keeping at least one of the power 5 and the absolute worst case scenario of a final 2 of 15k and a fiver and therefore an offer of perhaps 5k. Worth going for it I feel, but I respect her view that 35k was too much to risk.

wkd

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 6:02 pm    Author: wkd    Post subject: Re: 12/01 Kerrie

Craig wrote:
wkd wrote:
kestral wrote:

DEAL

Didnt he say there was only 2 amounts higher, not 3??

Was going from the commentary but obviously 2 higher and one equal would have been correct.

angebabe

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 6:05 pm    Author: angebabe    Post subject: Re: 12/01 Kerrie

i'd like to know if she would have swoped her box at the end .

Noel never asked her (or i missed it)

Anyway im pleased she got a nice 'wedge' she was a nice lady.

Profile E-mail  

KP

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 6:22 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 12/01 Kerrie
International Forums Moderator

A big-money win even if it probably should have been more - although I get the feeling she was at a point of diminishing returns, and it takes a different kind of courage to walk away from a board THAT good and say 'enough! I've got what I wanted!'. Plus she turned down Pip's offer on not much better than Pip's board, and I may have taken Pip's offer myself - in actual fact I think the eight-box offer was the more difficult decision, and seeing as she didn't take it despite it being bang on £20k I half-expected a five-box ND too!

But it's great when the only complaints are about someone 'only' winning THIRTY FIVE THOUSAND POUNDS isn't it? :) I have a feeling she'd have won £15k and been DoND's biggest loser of all time if she played two years ago, too, because her gambling side would have been out in full force (certainly if it was exactly two years ago in the post-Laura madness - although she might have had double at both 8- and 5-box back then...) and she wouldn't have had the house worries because presumably she's a mortgage-holder in negative equity/behind with repayments and in January 2007 the housing bubble was at its peak!

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

travis P

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 6:36 pm    Author: travis P    Post subject: Re: 12/01 Kerrie

KP wrote:
But it's great when the only complaints are about someone 'only' winning THIRTY FIVE THOUSAND POUNDS isn't it? :)

Yep, you can't please some people these days. They don't know how valuable £35,000 is ;)

killersbee

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 6:47 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 12/01 Kerrie

travis P wrote:
They don't know how valuable £35,000 is ;)

Only some people don't know that, but at the same time there are a few who don't know how valuable £105,000 is ;)

KP

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 7:04 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 12/01 Kerrie
International Forums Moderator

We didn't know £105,000 was coming though ;)

The biggest issue I had with this Deal was that I thought the eight-box offer was better than the five-box one (not to mention the fact it was the traditional target of £20k) so once she turned that down I expected a £35k ND as well. Difficult to complain too loudly otherwise though.

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

rico7

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 7:38 pm    Author: rico7    Post subject: Re: 12/01 Kerrie

Of the ten two box combinations from 5 box, at least 6 of them would probably have resulted in a better offer than £35,000, but still a great result for Kerrie. The 8 box offer of £20,000 wasn't good enough for such a stable board so it was wise to go on.

Last edited by rico7 on Mon Jan 12, 2009 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

travis P

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 7:39 pm    Author: travis P    Post subject: Re: 12/01 Kerrie

£35,000 was already being offered on the table, £105,000 wasn't being offered and it was a case with "would've been". Most people take the proveout with a pinch of salt and I'm confident that £15,000 Vs £250,000 in active play today would not produce an offer with six figures.

rico7

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 7:43 pm    Author: rico7    Post subject: Re: 12/01 Kerrie

travis P wrote:
£35,000 was already being offered on the table, £105,000 wasn't being offered and it was a case with "would've been". Most people take the proveout with a pinch of salt and I'm confident that £15,000 Vs £250,000 in active play today would not produce an offer with six figures.

Agreed. In active play I think it would have been closer to £80,000 maybe even less.

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 7:59 pm    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: Re: 12/01 Kerrie

35 large is a lot of money, although I'd have played on.

Congrats to Kerrie, and enjoy £35,000.

James1978

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:09 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: 12/01 Kerrie

Well, my initial feelings of disappointment at the deal, thinking it should have been more (but I still can't get used to the fact that you're always disappointed with the offers if so much as one very low amount is on the board and I guess I should be used to it by by now), and also the fact that avoiding any other box on the wings in proveout apart from Eddie's would have resulted in a player win and not a possible 105k, soon tunred to relief when she revealed what she needed the money for. It's reminder for those forum members who think the game is just about numbers and OPWs etc, it isn't. And I also applauded the fact that she'd kept that hidden from the banker at the start of the game, too many people reveal what they need to money for at the start and it gives the banker a huge advantage, so well done to her for mentioning only the yo-yo. :D

Two years ago, that would have been a VERY different game indeed......

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

daniel4389

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:31 pm    Author: daniel4389    Post subject: Re: 12/01 Kerrie

Since when do Canadians say things like "35 large"?

Profile E-mail  

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:46 pm    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: Re: 12/01 Kerrie

daniel4389 wrote:
Since when do Canadians say things like "35 large"?

Since now :P .

I've always said it, actually. This comes from the same person who often refers to money as "cashola".

mallard2007

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:48 pm    Author: mallard2007    Post subject: Re: 12/01 Kerrie

i was so pleased to see Kerrie get 35k. :-D I was really worried she was going to crash after no dealing at 20k :shock:

Well done to her! :D

Simon F

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:14 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 12/01 Kerrie

Such a similar board to Pip's at 8 box - it's surprising Noel didn't comment on it (especially with the offer being the same). Can't blame her for taking the £35k if she was in financial difficulty but that 2 box offer was inflated.

[ 90 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]