Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Tue May 24, 2022 10:54 am Last visit was: Tue May 24, 2022 10:54 am

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

KP

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 7:13 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 09/01 Len
International Forums Moderator

Warnings: 0
Someone doesn't like the Banana Sandwich madness...

(Yes, it works for me too)

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 7:20 pm    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: Re: 09/01 Len

To heck with this nonsense. Maybe it was getting old and overused.

A good comedian must come up with new material occasionally, so maybe that's the message that the forum is sending me.

былинный терпеть неудачу, in the meantime.

Last edited by Dr. Hindsight on Fri Jan 09, 2009 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

killersbee

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 7:22 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 09/01 Len

"From Russia With Love" comes to mind :ponder:

Anyways, I agree it is indeed Incinerator Food (Bob)

Maud

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 7:22 pm    Author: Maud    Post subject: Re: 09/01 Len

Mad Mark wrote:

True dat

sportmemro

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 7:27 pm    Author: sportmemro    Post subject: Re: 09/01 Len

Just watched Lens game and thought it was a very good game, he did what every good player would do and no dealed when big numbers were up there, it was nice to watch a game go right to the end, but isnt it a pity the gamblers very rarely get the luck they deserve, if only Len had had Pips game, Any way ive just seen that he has donated his cheque to a friend in need and they are selling it on ebay item no 270328158809 it really looks class! so ill be having a go and look forward to meeting him, a tue deal or no deal legend. and a really nice Bloke.

Admin Edit: Click Here for direct link to Len's ebay auction

Profile E-mail  

ffacoffipawb

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 8:17 pm    Author: ffacoffipawb    Post subject: Re: 09/01 Len

Banana Sandwich

Yes you are right.

Profile E-mail  

mallard2007

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 8:31 pm    Author: mallard2007    Post subject: Re: 09/01 Len

what a great contestant Len was! :D Such a shame he didn't win more, but he provided a great show and entertained me on this gloomy January afternoon :) Well done Len!!

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 9:48 pm    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: Re: 09/01 Len

If you can't beat' em, join 'em.

http://www.mediafire.com/?mwijjqynk1y

Skyline

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 9:50 pm    Author: Skyline    Post subject: Re: 09/01 Len
Forum Games Moderator

There is a swear word in your image link, If you haven't noticed :ponder:

Profile E-mail  

KP

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 9:51 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 09/01 Len
International Forums Moderator

He was already on the case :D

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

Skyline

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 9:52 pm    Author: Skyline    Post subject: Re: 09/01 Len
Forum Games Moderator

I'm Mad Mark's butler :D

Oh, it didn't work :cry:

Profile E-mail  

tr4962

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 10:04 pm    Author: tr4962    Post subject: Re: 09/01 Len

Mad Mark wrote:

A good comedian must come up with new material occasionally, so maybe that's the message that the forum is sending me.

былинный терпеть неудачу, in the meantime.

Comedian?

So You think your Morale reducing behaviour is actually funny

binnie

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:37 pm    Author: binnie    Post subject: Re: 09/01 Len

oh my god i really enjoyed lens game today, but im so disapointed he didnt get more but to be honest i wouldnt have played it any different, but at least he seemed to make some good friends at least, and oh my god lens cheque is on e bay im off to have a look (how fab) big hugs to len x x x :D

Profile E-mail  

StatsMan

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 12:32 am    Author: StatsMan    Post subject: Re: 09/01 Len

Len was a great laugh at the recordings, just a shame the boxes didn't work out for him, but at least he seemed to take his bad luck quite well. Frustrating when you get to 3 boxes and pick the wrong box, otherwise he'd have been looking at 20k+ and surely taken it.

Quite a few players tend to take the swap after a bad crash, as a kind of method of 'disowning' the box and cursing fate in general, the most famous incident being Nick Bain. Yesterday, the hypothetical swap was taken perhaps because the proveout was going too well, designed to reduce the impact of the result, but backfired because with the £250k involved, the implications were massive either way.

Anyway, good luck selling the cheque on Ebay, Len!

Profile E-mail  

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 12:47 am    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject: Re: 09/01 Len

Unlucky really, there's not much more you can say.

Len came across well and seemed a likeable chap he was just unlucky in the second half of the game.

Shouldn't have taken the swap though. Moxx's law states to only take the swap if the other box has deep personal significance. And at no point did Len give the impression 4 was a significant number.

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 4:55 am    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: Re: 09/01 Len

I hope Len's DoND items go to someone who truly appreciates the show. Part of me wants to believe that someone from this forum may end up with them, but who knows. As a public transit historian / enthusiast, I've come into possession of some unique, historic and interesting items (examples: and old crank-operated route sign and a run number box from retired buses, etc.). Hopefully, there is someone out there whose passion for this show equals or is greater than my interest in public transit. Besides, if someone does, in fact, decided to purchase Len's things, they'll be supporting a very good cause as well, since Len is selling off his DoND stuff to help out a friend in need. I guess I should have thought of that before I ate that banana sandwich ;) ...

killersbee

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 2:05 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 09/01 Len

Well said :)

[ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]