Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:01 am Last visit was: Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:01 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

kestral

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 5:44 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject: Re: 06/01 William
Site Owner, Administrator & Global Moderator

Warnings: 0
That was the one that William really wanted to get rid of... The Banker says the 1p was a saving grace for William... The Banker says he knows a guy who has trouble spelling mortgage, and Noel asks if that means anything to William

Banker's offer:

£15,000

kestral

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 5:47 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject: Re: 06/01 William

William says that is a very clever offer from the Banker, and Noel agrees... William talks about how easy it would be to take out the top 2 amounts next, and he would never see that £15,000 again in this game. William says if he was on the wings he would say no deal, but it's different sat in the chair as he also has £15,000 in front of him... William asks his wife what she would do, and she is reluctant to say anything as she would always say deal... William ponders a long time over the decision...

William says

DEAL

kestral

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 5:50 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject: Re: 06/01 William

Proveout round

13 - £50 Carl

That would have been a very good start says Noel

16 - £250 Winston

2nd part of the perfect round says Noel

8 - £250,000 :D Sarah

Banker time

kestral

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 5:50 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject: Re: 06/01 William

Wow says Noel, but wonders if that was enough....

Banker's offer would've been:

£7,500

KP

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 5:52 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 06/01 William
International Forums Moderator

I'd definitely still be playing - top two and those ones on the top right is worth £20k I think and £7,500 here is woeful.

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

kestral

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 5:52 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject: Re: 06/01 William

Proveout round

20 - £5,000 Den

14 - £1,000 Newbie Anna

21 - £100,000 :D Cassi

Banker time with 10p and £10,000 remaining

kestral

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 5:53 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject: Re: 06/01 William

You beat him says Noel.... Clay miners drive me potty says the Banker :lol:

Banker's offer would've been:

£1,500

kestral

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 5:53 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject: Re: 06/01 William

Noel opens box 10 and reveals £10,000

Box 6 with Ade contains the 10p

KP

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 5:53 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 06/01 William
International Forums Moderator

And apparently that's what I get for having a 2006 attitude to the game :D Joke final offer.

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

wkd

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 5:56 pm    Author: wkd    Post subject: Re: 06/01 William

KP wrote:
I'd definitely still be playing - top two and those ones on the top right is worth £20k I think and £7,500 here is woeful.

I'd have been playing on as well for the same reasons. Worked out well for him but think he could have been a bit more agressive given the presence of top two.

killersbee

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 6:47 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 06/01 William

Missed this game but looks like it was a good one :)

James1978

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 7:58 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: 06/01 William

A little cautious I feel, but nothing like anywhere near as bad as some of the deals we saw in the summer, and the last box of each proveout round saved him from a massive offer! (Trust the gorgeous women to have the two big values too - that was as good as having the 1p in active play! ;-) ). I could tell how important the money was to him as well, so don't blame him. I had a felling he wanted to go at 18k too, so fortunately the 1p saved him from a big drop in the offer!

Well done William!

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

Brick

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 8:05 pm    Author: Brick    Post subject: Re: 06/01 William

Just caught the last part on E4. It seemed like the sort of game that was near imposssible to get an outright win from, the board was wayyyy too good at 11-box to deal 18k on, but (applying the 8-box offer to proveout) it turned out to be the highest offer in the game! I think I'd have turned down the 15k offer but I'm glad William didn't - imagine the 5th and 6th rounds in active play; we'd have seen our hopes built right up then promptly torn down by the highest amount going in the last box each time! And for once the 10p was in the final two but NOT in the box...

Very well played William, enjoy the money! :-D

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 12:15 am    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject: Re: 06/01 William

I think William just used up all his luck in the first couple of rounds. An all-blue opening round seems like the dream scenario but the problem is it leaves you nowhere really to go, sooner or later you've got to start hitting reds and that's where it gets dangerous.

Personally i think i'd rather have a game that started poorly but built to something than a strong game that became top heavy like Williams.

In the end although he missed the peak of the game he did at least bail out before it went completely Pete Tong so a good result for him if a bit of an anti-climax for the rest of us.

ciderduck

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 10:13 am    Author: ciderduck    Post subject: Re: 06/01 William

Moxx of Balhoom wrote:
I think William just used up all his luck in the first couple of rounds. An all-blue opening round seems like the dream scenario but the problem is it leaves you nowhere really to go.

yip, i've said for a long while i dont like the all blue openers for the same reason. and as daft as it may sound, i would rather the 250k goes out in the first round, rather than sitting there throughout the game potentially goading me into believing i had it! :ponder: makes sense to me!

Tom

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 11:50 am    Author: Tom    Post subject: Re: 06/01 William

It was quite obvious from the first couple of offers that he was going to be playing it very cautiously. Which didn't matter, but made the game slightly average.

He was lucky in the sense that the big two were removed at the end of each round.

Fair play to him, and you could sense the money meant something.

[ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]