Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:09 am Last visit was: Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:09 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

taff

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 7:08 pm    Author: taff    Post subject: Re: 31/12 Carrie - New Year's Eve Special

Warnings: 0
What a fantastic show to finish off the month/year! Great contestant, great game and Mary's box opening at the crucial time is one of my favourite dond moments ever!

maggieq

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 10:06 pm    Author: maggieq    Post subject: Re: 31/12 Carrie - New Year's Eve Special

:D l really loved Carries game.she was so cool.just wished she had got the big one.
looking forward to some cracking games in 2009.good luck to everyone who posts here on regular basis.

Tom

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 10:22 pm    Author: Tom    Post subject: Re: 31/12 Carrie - New Year's Eve Special

A brilliant way to finish off what has been a very good year for DOND (no matter what people say).

I loved Carrie, she was absolutely amazing, and I'm so pleased to see it work out for her. The "I'd rather have MS and have her husband rather than not having her husband" was such an amazing comment.

The game was just brilliant. Lovely character, decent humour/entertainment and probably the most confusing (emotionally) box opening ever by Mary. I wanted to laugh but didn't because of the seriousness of the situation. I have no arguments with the deal at all.

The best month for a very long time! The Show of The Month will be tight..

I actually quite liked the song at the end, the montage fitted well. Any youtube of this by any chance?

Finally, happy new year to all you fellow DONDers! Hope 2009 is great for you all.

Michael DeVere

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 11:16 pm    Author: Michael DeVere    Post subject: Re: 31/12 Carrie - New Year's Eve Special

Along with everyone else I thought this was a great game to finish off the DOND year. Carrie was entertaining, a great win, a very tense box open from Mary and the No Deal knights were um...different :)

All in all a great show to end the month. A month that has had more than it's fair share of good shows.

Let's hope it continues into 2009 :-D

Simon F

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 11:57 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 31/12 Carrie - New Year's Eve Special

Great show to end the year. I thought someone might have helped Mary open her box as it seemed she was never going to get it open.

8 box had approximately the same value on the board as yesterday but with the £100k being replaced by a £75k/£15k/£10k combination which made the board a lot more stable.

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 1:19 am    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject: Re: 31/12 Carrie - New Year's Eve Special

That was as close to the perfect ending for 2008 as we could hope to get, a fantastic game with a wonderful player and a very satisfying result

Really thought Carrie came across brilliantly, loved all her comments about X-Ray vision and thought she was quite brave to go on at 5 box given that it could have gone either way.

Mary's box opening was incredibly tense, more so because of her problems opening it (arthritis?) but what a wonderful final two.

Personally i would have no dealt that final offer on the grounds that £35k is a perfectly acceptable consolation prize but I can't criticise Carrie's decision, those three final figures were relatively so close together it makes no real difference either way.

Thought if anything the show could have benefitted from an extra 5-10 minutes today if only to properly showcase the house band. And what happened to the annual roll-call of players? A well established tradition from at least the past 2 New Year Eve shows

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 1:21 am    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 31/12 Carrie - New Year's Eve Special

Well it happened on New Year's Day last year, Moxx!

How weird does it feel to say last year for 2008 now? :P

Happy New Year anyways!

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 1:23 am    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject: Re: 31/12 Carrie - New Year's Eve Special

And to you mate. How sad are we? Hanging out here while everyone else is out snogging random strangers :ponder:

Could have sworn it was the NYE show had the roll call but i'll look out for it tomorrow now

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 1:28 am    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 31/12 Carrie - New Year's Eve Special

It was Alfie's for 2006, but Glen's for 2007 on New Year's Day 2008 :lol:

I know - am jealous haha!

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

travis P

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 1:41 am    Author: travis P    Post subject: Re: 31/12 Carrie - New Year's Eve Special

Moxx of Balhoom wrote:
And to you mate. How sad are we? Hanging out here while everyone else is out snogging random strangers :ponder:

Could have sworn it was the NYE show had the roll call but i'll look out for it tomorrow now

The last extended credits was shown on 1st January 2008, as we saw the old man taking a beach holiday. The one before was shown on 31st December 2006.

James1978

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 1:45 am    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: 31/12 Carrie - New Year's Eve Special

I'm here now!!! :)

Couldn;t stay out any longer, had too much to drink!!

Funny how this time a year ago the whole foum would have been up in turmoil as someone dealing on an all power-5 finish bit in all truth I just think Carrie was over-excited as she kknew she was leaving with life-changing cash and the whole thing got to her but hey, missing out on an extra 9k is nothing when you consider what some over-cautious layers missed out on in '08! :D

Looking forward to '09 and I'll be posting a mega wing line-up post soon!! :)

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 1:49 am    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 31/12 Carrie - New Year's Eve Special

So no random snogs for James this time then? :P

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 3:46 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 31/12 Carrie - New Year's Eve Special

The music played by the No Deal Knights is available to download off the official website! :D

Simon F

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 6:27 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 31/12 Carrie - New Year's Eve Special

Big-Davey wrote:
The music played by the No Deal Knights is available to download off the official website! :D

It reminds me of the JCB Song by Nizlopi.

eastwingkate

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 8:44 pm    Author: eastwingkate    Post subject: Re: 31/12 Carrie - New Year's Eve Special

Big-Davey wrote:

are you kidding???!!! awesome! :lol:

i know for a fact that many of my fellow contestants will be rushing to download a copy of that! (we had to stand through about what felt like 3 million takes of that song - and we adpoted it as our very own theme tune for the rest of our stay there - including the mexican-style deeeal-nooo deeeeal! they used in and out of the breaks!) it was one of those classic moments that i'll always remember - brilliant!

btw - an amazing game to round off 2008. Carrie is every bit as wonderful as she seems on tv - a true angel and i'm so glad for her & gary that they did so well. Congrats again Superstar Carrie - love you XXXX

Michael DeVere

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 10:58 pm    Author: Michael DeVere    Post subject: Re: 31/12 Carrie - New Year's Eve Special

Here's the montage from the end of the show - http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=UH8vJUobdHw

Michael DeVere

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 2:43 am    Author: Michael DeVere    Post subject: Re: 31/12 Carrie - New Year's Eve Special

Hear the full version of the All Blue Round song and original video performance at one of the members MySpace page - http://www.myspace.com/andyruddymusic

yellowmagic

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 11:19 am    Author: yellowmagic    Post subject: Re: 31/12 Carrie - New Year's Eve Special

I missed this show, so thanks all, your posts gave me a feel for the game, can't say I was too keen on Carrie on the wings though so a bit sad I missed this one :smt023 :smt023 :smt023

[ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]