Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Thu May 19, 2022 9:17 am Last visit was: Thu May 19, 2022 9:17 am

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

kestral

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 5:57 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject: Re: 31/12 Carrie - New Year's Eve Special
Site Owner, Administrator & Global Moderator

Warnings: 0
Noel closes out the show saying they couldn't have written a better script to close out the last show of the year.

The No Deal Knights play us out with "The all blue round" and we get a compilation of 2008

Profile E-mail  

johnr

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 5:57 pm    Author: johnr    Post subject: Re: 31/12 Carrie - New Year's Eve Special

Now this is a treat :lol:

Brick

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 5:58 pm    Author: Brick    Post subject: Re: 31/12 Carrie - New Year's Eve Special

This song is quite cheesy...

killersbee

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 5:58 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 31/12 Carrie - New Year's Eve Special

And we finish the year with a sneaky Banker victory, I feel slightly let down after that :|

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 5:58 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 31/12 Carrie - New Year's Eve Special

I really don't think we could have had a better game to finish the year on. So many highs, so many lows...and that montage was just so fitting!

Here's to hopefully another year full of great shows and memories!

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

Profile E-mail  

KP

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 6:02 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 31/12 Carrie - New Year's Eve Special
International Forums Moderator

For a second I thought it had and then I remembered it was £50k/£75k that was in play near the end of season 2 with someone who's name I've forgotten but who took a wildly out-of-character gamble that confounded, and only later delighted, Noel...

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

jiveclive

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 6:02 pm    Author: jiveclive    Post subject: Re: 31/12 Carrie - New Year's Eve Special

Heartwarming game today. After 2008 has been quite unsatisfactory, this is a great way to end it on a high. Sure she missed out on 9k but still shes happy. It's best to see somebody happy with the outcome rather than flooding the studio with tears.

I hope this will be the outcome for most games in 2009.

I bid everyone a happy new year. :D

Well Done Carrie!

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 6:03 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 31/12 Carrie - New Year's Eve Special

KP wrote:
For a second I thought it had and then I remembered it was £50k/£75k that was in play near the end of season 2 with someone who's name I've forgotten but who took a wildly out-of-character gamble that confounded, and only later delighted, Noel...

You're on about Lynn aren't you? :lol:

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

Profile E-mail  

Brick

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 6:03 pm    Author: Brick    Post subject: Re: 31/12 Carrie - New Year's Eve Special

Damn, missed the montage. Someone post it please ;)

It's a shame we didn't finish the year with a 50k spanker but it doesn't really matter because Carrie played a great game and deserved every penny of the 41k she won. Is that the first in-play all-power-5 finish we've had in a while, namely much of the year? After months in the doldrums it's good to finish on a high :smt023

Lewis246

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 6:04 pm    Author: Lewis246    Post subject: Re: 31/12 Carrie - New Year's Eve Special

Bridget had a £35k/£50k finish, and the same offer (also had box 7 I think).

Profile E-mail  

Craig

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 6:05 pm    Author: Craig    Post subject: Re: 31/12 Carrie - New Year's Eve Special

travis P wrote:
Right, stat fans.

Has the £35K/£50K been in active play before?

I think Bridgette did have in in active play in last years Christmas Stars shows, she won £50,000 if i remember correctly!

Profile E-mail  

KP

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 6:05 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 31/12 Carrie - New Year's Eve Special
International Forums Moderator

Oh of course that one. Another 5-box gamble I can't understand. In fact that one I really can't understand.

This, however, came from a 5-box gamble that just had to be taken and I'm so glad it worked out.

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

Billy

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 6:06 pm    Author: Billy    Post subject: Re: 31/12 Carrie - New Year's Eve Special

God that was good, I tuned in just before the second part so was quite surprised to see a band randomly there, but what an incredible game! Carrie seemed nice and I was really willing those blues to go. Someone has to Youtube that box opening from the old lady (Mary?), it was hilarious but incredibly tense at the same time!

I didn't think anyone would ever even consider dealing on a £35k v £50k final two, but to be honest who cares, you're not going to lose sleep about not winning £50k when you've won £41k!

And I actually really enjoyed that song as well, cheesy as hell but actually very good. Loved the montage as well, looks like it wasn't a bad year for the show after all. Hope everyone has a fantastic new year and lives every moment of 2009!

richie4eva1

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 6:08 pm    Author: richie4eva1    Post subject: Re: 31/12 Carrie - New Year's Eve Special

And that is that for DOND in 2008

Customary thanks to everyone who has done the commentary in 2008 and to the number crunchers out there who have kindly provided statistics for everyone to chew over :)

Sure DOND has had its ups and downs this year, but what a way to end the year even if it was a narrow Banker victory

See you in 2009 with the same enthusiasm and vigour that this year has ended on

Happy New Year everyone and take care and stay safe if you are heading out tonight

You've been banker bashed
"Regrettably when he rings, he is laughing his designer socks off"

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 6:11 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 31/12 Carrie - New Year's Eve Special

I know what you mean - Mary's box opening was ever so tense...every time it looked like she was going to open it, she dropped it! :P

I think overall 2008 has been a great year for the show. The sizeable wins have been fairly less frequent, but if anything that made the Power Five territory wins far more satisfying than before!

December 2008 has been such an epic month for the show, definitely up there with the biggest payouts for a month.

So two things left to say: firstly, I hope everyone has a Happy New Year!

And second...I hope you all use your bloody votes properly with arguably the tightest-EVER Show of the Month poll coming up!

Profile E-mail  

rico7

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 6:12 pm    Author: rico7    Post subject: Re: 31/12 Carrie - New Year's Eve Special

It felt like a Christmas star show today but with a good result! :D

Really pleased for Carrie she was a wonderful contestant, and was always
ahead in the show despite the loss of the 250K.

The suspense at the end as Mary opened the £500 was almost
too much to bear but made it all the more memorable!

Skyline

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 6:22 pm    Author: Skyline    Post subject: Re: 31/12 Carrie - New Year's Eve Special
Forum Games Moderator

I'd give this a moderate win, to fill in from killersbee.

Profile E-mail  

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 6:23 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 31/12 Carrie - New Year's Eve Special

Balls off, this was a MODERATE WIN in everything bar spirit; because in spirit I'd be desperate to label today's an EPIC WIN.

Profile E-mail  

James1978

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 6:24 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: 31/12 Carrie - New Year's Eve Special

That was brilliant!! Another power5 win in one of the best month's ever for a really lovely girl. A real high to end the year on. And through justifiable no-deals too - the 15k at 8-box felt more tempting to me than the 25k at 5-box. Since a 35k/15k last pair is almost a no-deal whatever unless it's the mean, the only last pairs to look bad against 25k was the blue with another red that wasn't the 75k.

The deal stunned me but the real excitmenet was not what she did at 2-box, but Mary removing the last blue, I almost thought Pip or Winston were going to have to open it for her! (Interesting we got a Lance-like deal when there were references to him earlier in the game!). Yet again, a player makes a wrong decision on an all-power-5 last pair, I think only Daniel who dealt 75k and had 50k in his box and last year's Xmas star Bridget are the only ones to manage to make the right decision on it. Everyone has no-dealt and won the lower amount or dealt and had the bigger amount in their box! :)

Carrie actually looked like a girl who's one of my best friends, and she actually has a sister called Caroline though I've never met her, so I looked a idiot when I asked her if it was her sister who appeared on DOND. :D

Oh and the musicians wree great, but not as good as contestant David who played the theme tune on his cello. :)

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

daniel123

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 7:03 pm    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: 31/12 Carrie - New Year's Eve Special
Forum Games Moderator

Erm..I think I might have been slightly off with my predictions...all the better though. Welldone Carrie on £41,000.

Like Tom Hanks and his football on that island in 'Cast Away', it looks like it's just me and the bots here now. But that's alright, we're having a grand old time. Aren't we, Wilson? WILSOOOOON?!

A few of us who were once part of the furniture, once stalwarts of the grand and extravagant, exuberant and thriving forum...have receded back into the walls, still faintly visible, still here as poignant, reminding relics of an era gone by; but most of us have vanished, forever immersed in the mists of time.

Profile E-mail  
 [ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]