Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:38 pm Last visit was: Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:38 pm

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

rico7

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:34 pm    Author: rico7    Post subject: Re: 30/12 Sandie

Warnings: 0
KP wrote:
I saw the last 15 minutes... if that's not being influenced by the wings and past games I don't know what is. A much-needed reality check for the remaining contestants - it's a shame it happened to a seemingly very nice person, and even more of a shame it happened after a statistically reasonable No Deal, one I would have done myself... but from the edit alone I could tell it was the right Deal for her.

I liked Sandie, the show was entertaining and I was sorry to see a poor result, but I don't agree that it was a statistically reasonable no deal. With only an 18% chance of avoiding the 35K 50K and 100K the likelihood is that the offer would have been reduced at 5 box. Even in the unlikely event of the 50K and 100K still there at 5 box if the 35K had been taken out I think the banker would reduce the offer to around 10K and then it would be a serious gamble to go on.

killersbee

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 10:28 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 30/12 Sandie

NoelsFan wrote:
But without the low amounts there is no risk. Without the low amounts there would be no excitement.

I'm think Mark's trying to say that there's a big difference between winning a low amount and feeling embarrassed about it once the cameras are off... :eyes: :?

StatsMan

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 11:46 pm    Author: StatsMan    Post subject: Re: 30/12 Sandie

For some reason, I kept thinking throughout today's game, is it possible for the 10p to be on the table 4 games in succession?, and unfortunately so it transpired. Sandie was an entertaining contestant flagged by pretty bad luck at the end, hitting the 2% and 10% chances at 8 box at 5 box respectively.

However, £14,000 was a decent offer at 8 box, and I can't help feeling that she was influenced by the mega money games preceding hers, as this would have been a fairly run-of-the-mill deal for players a couple of months back, and perhaps for her had she not seen so many successful players. Anyway, it's an offer I would've taken, given that taking out *any* of the top 3 wouldn't guarantee you a lot more, and you're more likely to than not (I think).

Anyway, it's important to have a reality check in this game, it's what keeps it interesting to see how they recover from the lows and ride out the highs on this show.

Biggest Pilgrim Game Wins:

Marlene - 21 July 2013: £118,000
Gill - 23 March 2014: £75,000
Tony - 24 April 2012: £72,000
Lee - 4 April 2013: £48,000
Tommy & Jen - 26 & 27 Mar 2013 :O - £45,000! :O :O

Simon F

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 12:45 am    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 30/12 Sandie

Strange that there was no mention of the 4th consecutive appearance of the 10p. I guess if she's have had a 10p/power 5 finish, it would have been mentioned.

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 1:17 am    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject: Re: 30/12 Sandie

Shocking game. Sandie isn't the first person to preface her game with the words 'I'm not a lucky person' and then crash & burn. It's something of a self-fullfilling prophecy.

I thought the £14k offer was reasonable, i doubt i would have taken it myself but it was definately one to mull over. It was just incredibly bad luck that after no-dealing Sandie managed to take out all three remaining big reds.

I can;t help wondering if there was any truth to Sandie's statement that she brings luck to others, I guess we will find out over the next few days :-D

dougal18

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 7:32 am    Author: dougal18    Post subject: Re: 30/12 Sandie

NoelsFan wrote:
What is all this about Hitler?

Sandie mentioned that she was in a pub quiz and one of the questions was "What was Hitler's favourite number?" and the answer was 7. She said that she never forgot the answer.

Sandie went fuhrer than she should have and had some reich bad luck in the round from heil.

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 12:54 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 30/12 Sandie

That was just unbelievably cruel. For someone to come on the show, with a primary purpose to win money for charity, not herself, to have such a painful trainwreck...and then win the lowest monetary value available in the game...awful!

But recording-wise, that was the fourth straight appearance on the table for the 10p! :shock: I wonder if Noel will pick up on that (combined with their lack of editing so far this season :P)

Looking forward to the NYE shoe regardless!

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

greeny

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:13 pm    Author: greeny    Post subject: Re: 30/12 Sandie

Big-Davey wrote:
That was just unbelievably cruel. For someone to come on the show, with a primary purpose to win money for charity, not herself, to have such a painful trainwreck...and then win the lowest monetary value available in the game...awful!

But recording-wise, that was the fourth straight appearance on the table for the 10p! :shock: I wonder if Noel will pick up on that (combined with their lack of editing so far this season :P)

Looking forward to the NYE shoe regardless!

Hope you enjoy your NYE shoe!

I don't ever recall an amount being on the table for 4 games on the run, hopefully, something much larger will be on the table today.

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:23 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 30/12 Sandie

:oops:

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

foxxy

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:41 pm    Author: foxxy    Post subject: Re: 30/12 Sandie

dougal18 wrote:
NoelsFan wrote:
What is all this about Hitler?

Sandie mentioned that she was in a pub quiz and one of the questions was "What was Hitler's favourite number?" and the answer was 7. She said that she never forgot the answer.

Sandie went fuhrer than she should have and had some reich bad luck in the round from heil.

Good. Very good!!! :-D

Skyline

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 5:48 pm    Author: Skyline    Post subject: Re: 30/12 Sandie
Forum Games Moderator

NoelsFan wrote:
Mad Mark wrote:
Not much to say here besides

KB, stop stealing my lines :P .

The sooner we lose these stupid p amounts, the better. Lowest amount on the board should be £100, IMO, which is money that you can actually do something with. Kill the ps, I say.

But without the low amounts there is no risk. Without the low amounts there would be no excitment. I know the low amounts are annoying to see them being won but it makes the game. You have to take the big winning games like Billy's and Ellen's with the low wins like today and Marianne's on Christmas Day.

Amen. I love you, NoelsFan.

Tom

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 10:16 pm    Author: Tom    Post subject: Re: 30/12 Sandie

Bad luck, just poor bad luck. I only thought the 10p had been on the table 3 games in a row, i didnt realise it was 4..

[ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]